• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Need a Good Response to This Statement...

In summary, if someone you know says they don't want to come to your show because they don't want to bother their friends, you can try suggesting that they invite their friends first and see how many show up. You can also suggest that they co-host your show with you and get some new friends!
mama2emma
Gold Member
I keep hearing people say "But everyone I know is here" when I ask about booking a show when guests check out. What are some good one-liners I can use on them?

I've tried saying, "Oh, you'd be surprised how many people you know! Think about how many people you see as you go about your day - the bank, the pharmacy, your kids' preschool...I have a great list called '40 Guests in 4 Minutes, and you could have a guest list in no time." Every time, I've heard "But these are my friends, I don't want to ask the preschool teacher (or bank lady, or bus driver, or whoever)."

I need to overcome these booking objections, so I'm asking the pros for help!

When I hear that I say....

"I understand. Of course, do you think everyone here tonight bought everything they wanted? Did you buy everything you wanted?"

The potential host then says, no and something to the effect I WANT MORE!!

If she hesitates at all I say to the crowd, "Holly is thinking of having a show. Did you guys get everything you wanted tonight?" And they always reply no!

I then suggest that we book the show at least 4-6 weeks from the show that night. This gives people time to save up a few bucks and gives people a break!

I would say this works 9 out of 10 times!!:) :)

fruit76loop said:

"I understand. Of course, do you think everyone here tonight bought everything they wanted? Did you buy everything you wanted?"

If she hesitates at all I say to the crowd, "Holly is thinking of having a show. Did you guys get everything you wanted tonight?" And they always reply no!

I then suggest that we book the show at least 4-6 weeks from the show that night. This gives people time to save up a few bucks and gives people a break!

I love how you worded that! I'm gonna use it too.:D

Kristina21 said:
I love how you worded that! I'm gonna use it too.:D

Glad to help!! It has really helped me get past that particular objection!:thumbup:

fruit76loop said:

I think this is very good advice. I've had the same objection, and I understand. I mean, I don't want to invite my bank teller! This is a good way to encourage another show booking, especially if they all had a good time at the show.

Or throwing the idea out there that she can co-host. Maybe there's at least ONE other person she can think of that wasn't there and has a different circle of friends. Many people don't realize you can co-host. Sure you split most host benefits (although they both get the 15%-30% host discount!), but more often than not it doubles the guest list. Just another thought!:)

This is one that I have heard "If you were getting married to Brad Pitt next month, would these be the only friends that you would invite? No, you would invite everyone that you know! That's what you do for your Pampered Chef party, invite everyone that you know!"

I've been saying what Mary suggested. I then add:Don't try to figure out who would want to come. Invite everyone. Don't discriminate. No one is too old or too young. Don't forget the men. Many men cook, and those who don't probably have women in their lives. You never know who is sitting at home thinking, "Wow, I'd really like to order a full set of PC cookware, but I don't know anyone who's having a party." Okay, it may be a food chopper or a citrus peeler. The point is, you never know, so invite everyone!

Even if she really only knows the people who are at the current show, each of those people knows AT LEAST one other person. Coach your potential host to encourage her guests to bring a friend (or more). Let her know you'll reward the guests who bring someone to her show.

I tell them yes but all of them want more than they are buying tonight but cannot afford to get it all at once and she will be giving them the opportunity to get what they want in a way they can afford it. I have shows all the time that have repeat guest and they do good b/c most of them all spend about the same amount for each show b/c the host does the same for them.

And the person at least knows a few more people than the ones that are there. They just need to get to "thinking" of everyone.

I love all these responses! I have a show tonight with 10 RSVPs coming, and that's pretty much these ladies' entire circle of friends. I'm thinking I'll get a chance to try out some of these lines. Thank you so much!

What is the best way to respond to someone who says they need a good response?

The best way to respond is by actively listening to their statement and acknowledging their need for a good response. Then, you can offer your own perspective or ask clarifying questions to better understand the situation.

Can you provide some tips for coming up with a good response?

Sure! One tip is to take a moment to gather your thoughts before responding. It's also helpful to restate the statement or question in your own words to make sure you understand it correctly. Additionally, using "I" statements and avoiding blame or defensiveness can lead to a more productive response.

What should I do if I can't think of a good response in the moment?

If you're struggling to come up with a response on the spot, it's okay to take a pause and say something like, "That's a great question/statement, let me think about it for a moment." This shows that you're taking the statement seriously and also gives you some time to gather your thoughts.

How can I respond effectively without causing conflict?

One way to respond effectively without causing conflict is by using "I" statements instead of "you" statements. This shifts the focus to your own thoughts and feelings rather than blaming the other person. It's also important to listen actively and try to understand the other person's perspective, rather than just defending your own.

Is it okay to not have a response to every statement?

Absolutely! It's okay to not have a response to every statement or question. It's important to be honest and not force a response if you don't have one. You can always say something like, "I'm not sure how to respond to that right now, but I will think about it and get back to you." This shows that you value the statement and want to give it the attention it deserves.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ValM2010
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • cookwithtiffany