• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

15 Guests, 9 Orders, ~$700 Sales but No Bookings!

In summary, it sounds like you are doing all the right things, but you may need to try different things to get guests to book
iteachncook
I'm so frustrated! I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I even did the Dollar Days info, etc. They just won't commit! Any suggestions on how to get more bookings. In fact, I've done 8 shows now without any booking from any of the shows. My shows have all been from phone calls that I make from my list of 100!

Do you use the booking slide? It is a great tool to show all the fabulous benefits of hosting--and have them turn to p. 61 to see the benefits in front of them. Ask everyone at check out.

gailz2 said:
Do you use the booking slide? It is a great tool to show all the fabulous benefits of hosting--and have them turn to p. 61 to see the benefits in front of them. Ask everyone at check out.
I've made my own booking slide, and I use that. I ask everyone at checkout, too. Two seemed interested but one was going to France next month and didn't know when she'd be back and the other is having her kitchen done.

I have been using my host as a helper to get bookings. IT does help I always talk about the future specials and get the hostess pumped up about them before the party. THen when we start talking bookings, I mention if Susie has a party next month then sally hostess can get the cookware at 60% off as well!! Isn't that great? I got one booking from my party of 5 buying guests(couples party) TOns of guests, but they were couples. I got 3 bookings from a party I did last week. The hostess really wants the cookware. 2 were catalog parties and 1 was a cooking show. THe cooking show was actually an outside order. What I do to get those, is I mention to the hostess after the show while she is still collecting outside orders, that if anyone else wants to book a show that she needs to let me know before the party closes. It has worked quite well. I have had several bookings from guests not at the parties these last few months. I also mention at my parties how easy it is to host and reaffirm that while my current hostess is standing next to me and of course she always agrees!

Good luck! I had some booking slumps earlier this year and it did get me down. THis fall has been better. I hope you can get some bookings. Try doing some customer care calls to outside orders. You never know what they might say!

If you're doing all the right things... All I have to say is sometime you get guests that just don't host... Don't take it personally. I had a show that all the guests said no, the show was at over $800. They're rather spend at their friend's show.

I can honestly say I walk away from each show with at least one booking, usually 2-3, unless I know I don't want to see a particular crowd again. I don't know enough about your show to know what to suggest and what you have already tried.
First, what word choices are you using? Are you asking straight out if your guests want to book a party or are you using words like " having a fun girls' night in with your own personal chef, where you will learn a new recipe for less than $2.00 a serving and THEN have a free shopping experience?"
Do you plant seeds throughout your show? One thing I find helpful is to show the difference in price on the specials... the cookware is how much? Wow... 710.00 for 12 pieces, which is a great deal considering that you can spend 1200 on those same 12 pieces at Williams Sonoma, plus ours comes with a lifetime guarantee. Even better? As a host ANYtime you can get all 12 pieces for 355. How much better is THAT?
Wanna know what is even better than half price? When you host your show in October, you can get all 12 pieces of nonstick cookware for 284..that is a dollar LESS than the 5 piece set at full price.
You should be planting those seeds between 8 and 12 times during your show.
If you don't have the booking slide, use the catalog. It is a great visual.
Do you do the ticket activity?
These are just some ideas to think about.

I avg. 2-3 bookings per show as well. Here's some things I focus on:

1. Be FUN and personable! If they don't like you, or find you boring, they will not want you in their home in front of their friends.

2. Keep the demo SHORT. Never have demo's last more than 30 minutes. I even think one of PC's top sellers say you have 20 minutes of their attention...then it starts waning after that time period. If the demo drags on they won't want that experience in their home.

3. I agree -- you need to do a MINIMUM of 7 booking seeds throughout the demo: one during the intro, 5 or so during the demo, and again at the end. Word choices as the poster above are EXCELLENT. People want to envision what you are telling them..rather than just say stuff like "when you have your party you'll get lots of free stuff". :)

4. TEACH your guests lots of great info...little things like: when you use part of an onion, leave the root in tact and cut off what you need from the bottom. Store the onion w/ the root in tact b/c your onion will stay fresh and moist a whole lot longer than if you were to chop it off then store in the fridge, thus helping you to stretch your $$.

Liquid Sky said:
I avg. 2-3 bookings per show as well. Here's some things I focus on:

1. Be FUN and personable! If they don't like you, or find you boring, they will not want you in their home in front of their friends.

2. Keep the demo SHORT. Never have demo's last more than 30 minutes. I even think one of PC's top sellers say you have 20 minutes of their attention...then it starts waning after that time period. If the demo drags on they won't want that experience in their home.

3. I agree -- you need to do a MINIMUM of 7 booking seeds throughout the demo: one during the intro, 5 or so during the demo, and again at the end. Word choices as the poster above are EXCELLENT. People want to envision what you are telling them..rather than just say stuff like "when you have your party you'll get lots of free stuff". :)

4. TEACH your guests lots of great info...little things like: when you use part of an onion, leave the root in tact and cut off what you need from the bottom. Store the onion w/ the root in tact b/c your onion will stay fresh and moist a whole lot longer than if you were to chop it off then store in the fridge, thus helping you to stretch your $$.
double ditto. Tips about produce and what a bump can tell you always seem to amaze.

My only suggestion would be to sit on your upline's or Director's next show. It really helps! Or go to another team member's show. You don't have to say anything, just observe. You may have an "aha" moment.

I went through a major booking slump a few years back. I was getting minimal bookings from my shows and questioning what I was doing wrong. I realized I was probably coming across as desperate. So, I decided to make each and every show all about the fun!! That was my focus, and still is. It really turned things around for me. I hope things start improving for you soon! Don't give up!! Just keep trying and you will succeed.

I couldn't sleep last night thinking about what I could be doing wrong. You're right, I have been very methodical and less fun. I know how to have fun while doing the demo, but when it comes to after the demo when we talk to them about booking or looking into the business opportunity, I lack the enthusiasm. I already assume that they don't want to hear about it. I realize that I'm not a good salesperson at this point. I then just clam up. I let them just shop and then serve the food or get my computer set up. I do ask everyone who comes for check out but I don't get a good reception. I still have yet to learn to have my mind open to the audience wanting to hear about everything else but the recipe. I have one show next month..I hope to practice being more positive then...

I was having the same problem and decided to make my shows more FUN and thought i would add more games....so, while my meal was in the microwave, I played the "pass the gift" game (found at Home Party Plan Network - Home Party Plan Games) and everyone really liked it. As SOON as that was over, and everyone was jokingly moaning about not winning, I said "OK, there's another chance to win a prize... We're going to set a timer for 4 minutes and during that time you can ask me ANYTHING you want about my job as a consultant or about Hosting a party. For each question you get a ticket, and the one with the most tix gets a prize" Everyone was super competitive and trying to get questions out faster so it made it fun and INFORMATIVE... It was the first time i ever did the Ticket game, b/c i was always nervous to do it, but I'm so glad I did. I booked one show, but there were only four buying guests, one of which who JUST had a party, so i thought that was good. You could also try offering "Free Cooking Shows" if they book in the next 2 wks... that might help for those who are really on the fence??? Other than that, maybe try a vendor event to get out of your circle of friends... GOOD LUCK!!!

think outside of the box. Whenever someone tells me that their house is too small or they don't have the time to prepare, I offer mine. It's a win/win. I don't have to pack a kit, cleanup is a lot faster and easier (no dirty dishes to lug home) and if anyone asks about anything I own, they can see it. I tell them if they host at my home, "If I own it, you can see it."

I usually will provide the food and ask the "host" to bring a couple 2-liters of soda. (I just write off the food in the end this way.)

Two restrictions I place on parties at my house:

1. It must be within a week of my cleaning lady who comes once a month

2. I have a 4 year-old son. I do not hire a sitter. He will bop in and out, but is happy to entertain himself in his room for the most part.

does anyone have the booking and recruiting slides I can download muself ? I cannot find them on CC
Thanks

They are available to purchase on a Supply Order ($15).

Some times that will happen I have had 200-300 shows and 2-3 bookings , and a 700 show with No bookings , it will all even out just keep doing what you are doing cause a 700 show is great

chef131doreen said:
Some times that will happen I have had 200-300 shows and 2-3 bookings , and a 700 show with No bookings , it will all even out just keep doing what you are doing cause a 700 show is great

Exactly what I was going to say. Often the higher in sales shows have less bookings.

How many recipes are you making?
Keep your demo time short, and mention the host benefits at the beginning and several times throughout mention when Tina has her party this will be the guest special and as a past and current host Tina and Marie will have the option to purchase this at 60% off.I have them turn to the chart and tell them my show average and have them tell me what the benefits are for a show at that levelmention everything in the catalog has 5 prices for hosts
FREE
1/2 off
60% off
up to 30% discount
& 10% for 1 year

Hey guys, great tips! :) But I just wanted to point out that this is an old thread from 2010! ;)

babywings76 said:
Hey guys, great tips! :) But I just wanted to point out that this is an old thread from 2010! ;)

Yes but it is a subject that is timely. I don't see anything wrong with bringing back this kind of thread.

sorry, I always check the date guess it got past me today

BethCooks4U said:
Yes but it is a subject that is timely. I don't see anything wrong with bringing back this kind of thread.

I agree, there's nothing wrong with bringing back old threads. :) Lots of great advice in some of them. This topic is a good one and it is a situation that lots of us experience sometimes, so the advice put out is great. I just wanted to point it out because some people won't realize it and the OP isn't active on here anymore. I was just giving everyone a head's up. Didn't mean to offend. :blushing:

babywings76 said:
I agree, there's nothing wrong with bringing back old threads. :) Lots of great advice in some of them. This topic is a good one and it is a situation that lots of us experience sometimes, so the advice put out is great. I just wanted to point it out because some people won't realize it and the OP isn't active on here anymore. I was just giving everyone a head's up. Didn't mean to offend. :blushing:
No offense taken! I just know that this issue is one that will always be there and fortunately the conversation on this particular thread remained helpful. :sing:Even though the OP isn't on anymore others are in her shoes so advice is still valuable...

BethCooks4U said:

I think it was more that people were asking questions of the OP. :) (who is no longer a member of CS)

I will have my first Cooking Show March 18th unless I am successful at adding an earlier booking. All of these ideas will help me. :) Thank you!

1. How can I increase bookings for future parties with similar sales?

One way to increase bookings for future parties is to offer incentives for guests who book a party during the current one. This could include a discount on their purchase, a free gift, or additional host rewards. Additionally, make sure to follow up with guests after the party and offer them the opportunity to host their own party.

2. What are some creative ways to encourage guests to book a party?

One idea is to offer a themed party, such as a holiday baking party or a girls' night in. You can also offer a raffle or giveaway for guests who book a party during the event. Another option is to have a special guest or demonstration at the party, such as a local chef or nutritionist.

3. How can I make the party experience more interactive and engaging for guests?

One way to make the party more interactive is to incorporate hands-on activities, such as a cooking or baking demonstration using the Pampered Chef products. You could also have guests participate in games or challenges using the products. Additionally, encourage guests to ask questions and share their own experiences with the products.

4. Is it possible to upsell or cross-sell products at the party?

Yes, it is possible to upsell or cross-sell products at the party by highlighting the versatility and compatibility of different products. You can also offer package deals or discounts for purchasing multiple products. Additionally, make sure to highlight any limited-time or exclusive products that guests can only purchase at the party.

5. How can I ensure a successful party with high sales and bookings?

To ensure a successful party, make sure to plan and prepare beforehand. This includes inviting a diverse group of guests, promoting the party through different channels, and having a well-organized and engaging presentation. During the party, be enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the products, and be sure to follow up with guests afterwards to thank them for attending and offer them the opportunity to book their own party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
JaimeAnnR
  • Bill Faber