• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling to Get July Shows? Learn How I Got 17 Guests But No Bookings

In summary, the show had 17 guests and Heather asked everyone about hosting a show, but not one person committed to a date. Heather did get 3 maybes, but no show booked for July. Sales were good and one recruit lead was obtained. Heather is struggling to get July shows booked. Host coaching for this hosts was horrible and she could never get on the phone. Heather's house is huge and some people felt they didn't have enough room. Heather tried working doing deck parties, express shows, and everything else, but just couldn't get the "yes". Some people came just to see the house.
amy07
My show this afternoon had 17 guests, yeah!!:D :D And I asked everyone about hosting a show, and not one person committed to a date! UGHHHH:( :( I did get 3 maybes, and 1 show for after the new products come out from an outside order - she's the past host that the current booked from so I know it will hold, but man, that hurt to have that many people at a show, and not one to book!! I am struggling to get July shows!:eek:
Sales were good & I got one recruit lead. I'll try to follow up with the outside orders to get shows booked, but any other suggestions? I have 2 shows left for the month and 1 catty to close out, but so far only 1 show booked for July:eek:

i'm curious with that many people how much where the sales if you dont mind me asking,
and did u do anything different for your hostess coaching?
tia

Sometimes that happens. It seems to me that the larger the show, the less likely people are to book. Don't know why, and I may be wrong. It's just something that sticks in my head.

Heather - here's the funny part - not all the guests bought!! And those who did combined orders to even save on the shipping charge - it was a weird. Right now, the sales are over $500. This girl will work to get more outside orders, she knows how to do the "party thing". Host coaching this hosts was horrible! I could never get her on the phone, so it was alot of emails, but like I said she knows how much the outside orders can add up and she really does a great job of understanding how to over-invite. Honestly, I don't know if this played a part in not getting bookings, but her house is HUGE. I think some people felt that they "didn't have enough room". I tried working doing deck parties, express shows, and everything else, but just couldn't get the "yes". I think some people came just to see the house!

raebates said:
Sometimes that happens. It seems to me that the larger the show, the less likely people are to book. Don't know why, and I may be wrong. It's just something that sticks in my head.

I agree Rae - and honestly I think it is because of me!! :eek: I feel like I just can't get that time to make the "connection" as much with a larger group.

Yeah, that's another problem. When you've got 15-20 people to talk to, you can't spend as much time with each.

Amy
$500 is good !
and i agree with rae my biggest show for sales also my largest group about 12 people not one booking!
did you find it hard to keep them focused?

Having a large group certainly has its pluses and minuses. I do best when I have a show of about 10-15. Much more than that is crazy!

I don't know what to think about all of this. We host coach to get high attendance, promote high priced items to get high sales, and then we can't get people to book? My sales have been averaging $550 apprx., but I'm not getting bookings. I've had 8-16 people at each show (mostly 8-9). I'm reading a couple of books, mentioned on a different thread, Build it Big and Presentations for Profits. I'm learning a lot about what I should/could be doing to increase bookings, but I need some shows to test out the things I'm reading about. Some things I'm reading are: Offer rather than ask (tell what you have to offer by telling what's in it for them and giving open dates rather than asking if someone would like to have a show), use (booking) stickers on everything, shorter presentation, less work for host (send out postcards, make reminder calls, bring food mostly prepared so you're not depending on the hostess to have anything ready), offer different times of day and night so people don't think the times of the shows are set in stone, etc... Can't wait to try some of this out at my future shows.

It is all strange to me too! Last month I had a show with like 13-15 people or so. (Lost track as they kept coming and going). Not one booking from the show and I had people asking a lot of questions and one person even told me how glad she came tonight because she really didn't know how to use her stone. Surprise with that many people I didn't get a booking but it was a $800 show!

However, had a show last weekend and had I think 14 people showed up and some combined their orders and not everyone ordered either. I also had about 4-5 people who spent less than $25. some were even just about $10 or so. The show was only about $400 but I got 5 bookings on my calendar!!! 3 for July and 2 for August!

Much different area though. The first show was in a I guess richer area and the second show was in a lower income area.

I was very surprised with the turn out though. Both hosts told me about 10 people may be showing up so I expected 7 or so. Was pleasantly surprised with double that attendance!

That does stink! I had a show like that in Feb. It was my highest show and largest. 14 people were there and not one single person wanted to book a show. I didn't even get any maybes! I have been getting bookings at the smaller shows. Weird! Anyway I hope June and July picks up for you!

The bigger shows are harder to book from, but one thing that I have found that really helps with getting bookings, is to greet people when they come in, introduce yourself, learn their names, and call people by name during the show, and make eye contact with them! - Be interested in them, ask them questions about themselves.....ask for their opinions etc.....people are much more inclined to book a show if they have made a personal connection with you - and this is what is so often missing when there is a large show.

Along with that - and I know it is difficult to do - make sure you are speaking with them one-on-one when you take their order. I do the "3 pile" system, and take my orders in another room, or at least away from the fray. I set up 3 piles -
1st pile - Booking Info & Host Packets
2nd pile - Recruiting Info
3rd pile - Recipe Cards

So my speil goes something like this:
"Kathy, thanks so much for being a part of the party tonight - i appreciated your comments about your stoneware! Sometimes people think I'm just talking like that because it's my job, so I love it when others brag it up too!
Did you have fun tonight? Great! Did you get everything you wanted?
No? Well, then, were you one of the ones who was interested in having your own show and getting some of what you wanted for free?
(wait for her response and then get more info if needed)
Okay - and were you interested in some info for you or a friend about doing what I do? (Wait for response)

Your total for the evening is $$........Thanks again for coming, I enjoyed meeting you(.....and I'll be calling you about your show...etc......)
Here is the recipe for the demo that we did this evening - please take one!!"

Related to Struggling to Get July Shows? Learn How I Got 17 Guests But No Bookings

1. How can I get more guests to attend my July shows?

One way to get more guests is to offer incentives, such as a free gift or discounted product, to those who attend. You can also reach out to friends, family, and acquaintances and personally invite them to the show. Utilizing social media and creating event pages can also help attract more guests.

2. I'm struggling to get bookings at my July shows. What should I do?

Make sure you are clearly communicating the benefits of hosting a show, such as earning free products and discounts. You can also offer a special deal for those who book a show at your July event. Additionally, following up with guests after the show and offering a booking incentive can help secure more bookings.

3. Is it normal to have a lot of guests but no bookings at my July shows?

While it's always ideal to have both guests and bookings at a show, it is not uncommon to have a high guest count but no bookings. This can be due to a variety of reasons, such as the guests not being interested in hosting a show or not having the time to commit. The important thing is to continue reaching out and offering booking opportunities to those who attend.

4. How can I make my July shows more appealing to potential guests?

Consider offering a themed show with a fun and interactive demonstration. You can also provide snacks and beverages to make the event more enjoyable for guests. Additionally, showcasing new and popular products can pique the interest of potential guests and encourage them to attend.

5. I'm feeling discouraged about my July show. What can I do to stay motivated?

Remember that every show is different and not every show will result in a high number of bookings. Focus on the positive aspects, such as connecting with new guests and potential future hosts. Also, continue to reach out and promote your show to attract more guests and potential bookings. And most importantly, have fun and enjoy the experience of sharing your love for Pampered Chef products with others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperMeDawn
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
PamperMeDawn
  • pattikake45
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Tara-Ann
Replies