1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Duh... wrote down booking for wrong guest

1. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Okay so I had a crazy show that took me forever to get all the orders computed. It turned out to be a great show, but I was a little brain dead at the end. When I was wrapping it up, I was talking with a guest who was a maybe for a booking. She decided to book, so I pulled what I thought was her receipt (my copy) and wrote the date on it. It is 4 weeks out to the date, and I don't usually send host packets until 3 1/2 weeks out. So I haven't sent a host packet yet.

I got a call this morning from the guest wanting to send out her invites. I told her when I got home I would get it all set up and a host packet out to her. I got home and set up her show on my website. Well I got a call from a confused guest. Turns out I set up the show with the wrong guests info.

I corrected that, and now I have another problem. The booking was entered under the wrong name. Turns out there were two Tracy's at the show. I got them confused.

Will HO change it so the past host can buy the host special?

I feel like a real idiot! :eek:

2. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

They don't track the specific info on the guest that booked, so you can go ahead with the show and everything will be fine.

Jul 24, 2009
  3. BlessedWifeMommy

Glad it won't matter, I still feel bad for making the mistake. The guest who got the hosting email was really nice about it.

4. jwpamp

jwpamp Veteran Member

I didn't know that they didn't track booking info....nice to know!

Jul 24, 2009
  5. BlessedWifeMommy

So this got me thinking, if they don't track by name, do they track the number of bookings?

6. ChefLoriG

ChefLoriG Advanced Member Gold Member

yes, they track the number of bookings

Jul 24, 2009
  7. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

The Booking Benefit goes by the Past host number. I would call HO and explain the issue (two people with the same name) and see if there is anything they can do.

Jul 25, 2009
  8. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Yes, I'm told they do keep track of the number but not necessarily the names. So, if there are 2 bookings from Holly Host's show, don't try getting her the Bookings Benefit from 3 of them.

Jul 25, 2009
  9. chezshelly

chezshelly Advanced Member Gold Member

Right, even if the original 2 bookings don't hold and 2 new people from her show have shows, she will still get the booking benefit at their show.

Jul 26, 2009
Have something to add?