• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

3 Contacts a Day and the Phone Not so Scary

In summary, The speaker had a realization that they have been using being busy as an excuse to not make phone calls and work their business. They lost a November show to a January show because of not taking five minutes to pick up the phone. They made one phone call between work and a bootcamp class and got a December booking, but they were hoping to not have too many shows in December due to moving. The speaker's plan is to spend at least 30 minutes a day, five days a week, making calls for their business. Another person in the conversation also struggles with making phone calls and is inspired to work on it. They have been in the business for four months and have only made calls for customer problems. They hope to make
kcmckay
Gold Member
So I had a revelation last night. I've been super busy and have been using that as an excuse to not make calls and really work my business. It doesn't take very long to make a few phone calls at all. I've been terrible about picking up the phone to get my mystery hosts for the only thing I'll likely submit in November!:( I also lost a November show to a January show because of not taking 5 minutes to pick up the phone sooner. Yesterday I worked till about 4:30pm then at 5:30 I had my last bootcamp class this session. Between work and bootcamp I called my December 5th host back from a call she placed Monday (i didn't get the message till late monday night and I worked both jobs Tuesday I wasn't avoiding this one) She was not available before class but I got in touch with her after and we finalized some things and she has a December booking which is great but I was really hoping to not have too many cooking shows in December with moving but I need the contacts and sales so one more won't hurt and will help with SAT for December. Anyway I'm getting off topic. I nearly had 3 contacts yesterday with less than a 1/2 an hour of calling. If I'd called more people who knows what I would have done. I need to get on the phone tonight to get my 5 other mystery hosts and start booking January so I can go into the holidays knowing that I've got a good start to the new year! 3 shows in December will hopefully help fill my calender for 2010 as well! My point of this post was really it shouldn't be so scary and seem like such an ordeal to pick up the phone. A 1/2 hour a day could result in great things for your business. So that is my plan to spend at least a 1/2 hour a day at least 5 days a week making calls for my business whether it be CC, Booking, Recruit leads. Starting tonight.

so, how's it going? I need to make phone calls, too. . . I just find way too many other things to do! It's really sad. . . I think you're inspiring me, though. . .

I'm in the business for the 4th months now. Honestly, I didn't do any customer call since I'm too scary to pick up the phone. I don't know what to say. I only made calls for those customers that have problem on their orders or I need to deliver the orders to them. And I always stop once the problem is solved. I never go on for more!! I guess that's why I don't have any booking!! I really want to work on this but always struggle to pick up the phone. I emailed newsletter for the first time this week to a group of customers that I did fundraiser for them. In the email I mentioned to them to expect get my "follow up" calls soon. It's the third days since I sent out the emails, I still don't have the courage to make the calls!! I feel like I'm a loser! :( I really hope and plan to make at least 3 calls today. I really need booking for Dec and Jan or so on! Don't want to give up on this business yet, I love PC!! Pray for the courage and wording to make those calls!!

I may be new to PC, but not DS. One thing that helped me get over my phone-phobia was to write down what I wanted to say.

When I was looking at a blank datebook, I would schedule one hour to sit down and make phone calls for bookings. I would do this from 8-9 pm. It was an incentive to get the kids in bed BEFORE 8 so I would have a quiet house. It was also a good incentive to keep friends/family from chatting too long. I could tell them something like, "That sounds so cool. But can I call you later? I only have until 9 to make my PC calls, and I still have 12 people on my list." My friends and family are usually very good about that, and I'm sure to call them back after 9 or the next day.

I'm also very stubborn and refused to give up my favorite TV shows in the evening. :) So I would make my coaching calls during commercials. It was awesome, because hostesses/customers knew I would keep it short. "Hey, Mary, this is Lea with PC. We met at Susan's cooking show. How's it going? I'm doing well. Watching House and they're on commercial, so I thought I'd give you a quick call. I'm just calling to see how you're liking your new stoneware..."

pinkunicorn said:
I'm also very stubborn and refused to give up my favorite TV shows in the evening. :) So I would make my coaching calls during commercials. It was awesome, because hostesses/customers knew I would keep it short. "Hey, Mary, this is Lea with PC. We met at Susan's cooking show. How's it going? I'm doing well. Watching House and they're on commercial, so I thought I'd give you a quick call. I'm just calling to see how you're liking your new stoneware..."

I love this idea! I'm terrible on the nights that my shows are on. What a great way to touch base with past customers. Plus with a DVR, if the call runs a little long I still wont miss my show!

TiVo is an awesome thing! LOL

I made 7 calls last night, all while watching the finale of "So You Think You Can Dance." I now have one possible recruit in Georgia! :)

FFBearPChef said:
I'm in the business for the 4th months now. Honestly, I didn't do any customer call since I'm too scary to pick up the phone. I don't know what to say. I only made calls for those customers that have problem on their orders or I need to deliver the orders to them. And I always stop once the problem is solved. I never go on for more!! I guess that's why I don't have any booking!! I really want to work on this but always struggle to pick up the phone. I emailed newsletter for the first time this week to a group of customers that I did fundraiser for them. In the email I mentioned to them to expect get my "follow up" calls soon. It's the third days since I sent out the emails, I still don't have the courage to make the calls!! I feel like I'm a loser! :( I really hope and plan to make at least 3 calls today. I really need booking for Dec and Jan or so on! Don't want to give up on this business yet, I love PC!! Pray for the courage and wording to make those calls!!

I have been doing this for 9 years and I know what you mean about not knowing what to say!!! Yes, I am blonde, but that is beside the point!!!!:D What has helped me is going over some of the phone scripts that PC has in their business guides. There used to be nothing but now there is so much more. Also, in the "going for the gold" action plan there are some word phrases to use.

I have to stop myself from saying...hey hi, hope you are doing well...want to book a party?:eek: Not too smooth! This is why it is good to practice...pets are especially receptive to helping you (especially if there is a treat involved!!)

Also, I THINK there may be a file in the archives about words to say. I will search and if I find it, I will repost it.

In the meantime think of that phone as the door to your favorite store. Even if you did not on intend on buying anything...you like to shop there and maybe learn something new. Then think of wanting to go to that store and realizing they are closed...repeatedly. Open your door for business and eventually, you will get better at the words to say! Also, don't worry about what people are going to think or say...just keep your income goal in mind.

I needed to pay for a major repair this fall and even though I am not there yet, I am amazed that I did not have to take out a loan...I just had to pick up my phone!!!!:love:

So just do it and you will get better at it!!!

Thank you Ann E for your advices and encouragements. I finally made 8 calls yesterday and today. I didn't get any booking, but I will keep trying today and tomorrow!

Thank you so much for this...I have been looking for something like this.

Thanks for thread. I've been with PC for about 6 months and had about 6 shows. I finally for the first time made my three contacts today and picked up thr phone for 2 of them. Thank you everyone for all the great tips. I only had one booking this month and she just changed she show to "maybe" next month. :( I'm gong to keep makeing those calls and I really hope to get a booking for January.

This is exactly what I have been needing to keep my calls professional and organized! Thank you!!!

So I am going to make some calls this weekend and try and get s few more for Jan and start booking feb and march...but I am curious, when you leave someone a message what do you say and in how much time do you follow up? because 99% of the time when I call a customer they do not call back.

I was also thinking of doing the 24 bookigs in 24 hours idea, but using phonevite? any inputs on that?

any suggestions or ideas would help.

Thanks

1. How can I make sure I am making 3 contacts a day?

To ensure you are making 3 contacts a day, it is important to schedule time in your day specifically for making calls. Set a reminder or alarm to keep you on track. Also, keep a list of potential contacts and reach out to them regularly. Lastly, hold yourself accountable by tracking your progress and adjusting your strategy as needed.

2. I am nervous about making phone calls, how can I overcome this fear?

The best way to overcome phone call anxiety is to practice. Start by making calls to family or friends to get comfortable with speaking on the phone. Then, have a script or talking points prepared for your business calls. Remember that rejection is a part of the process and don't take it personally. Keep in mind the benefits of making these calls and stay focused on your goals.

3. How do I know who to call for my 3 contacts a day?

Think about who your target audience is and make a list of potential customers or leads. You can also reach out to past customers or friends and family who may be interested in your products. Additionally, network at events or join online communities related to your business to find new contacts.

4. What should I say during my phone calls?

Be direct and confident in your communication. Introduce yourself and your business, and then briefly explain the purpose of your call. Listen actively and ask questions to learn about the person's needs or interests. Be prepared to share information about your products or services and offer a call to action, such as scheduling a demonstration or placing an order.

5. How can I make my phone calls more effective?

Before making your calls, do some research on the person or business you will be contacting. This will help you tailor your message and make a more personal connection. Practice your script or talking points beforehand and have any necessary materials or information ready. Remember to follow up with your contacts and track your progress to see what works best for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Bren706
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies