• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Lemon Cakes in Stoneware: Tips and Tricks for a Delicious Dessert

In summary, users on a forum have discussed trying to make the recipe for new Mini Lemon Cakes as one cake in stoneware, specifically using a Square Baker or Deep Dish Baker. One user mentioned following a suggestion to use the fluted pan and double the recipe. Another user tried microwaving the cake and reported success but with a funky tasting glaze. Others have also tried the fluted pan, with mixed results. Some suggest omitting the lemon slices for a less tart taste. One user successfully flipped the cake out of the fluted pan onto a large round stoneware.
bridgetbakes
Has anyone tried to make the recipe for the new Mini Lemon cakes as one cake in stoneware? (Square baker or Deep Dish Baker?)

If so, any tips? I wanted to try this today. I am wondering if I can flip the cake over out of the stoneware or if I will need to serve it from the square baker.

On the original thread of who has tried the new recipes, Kelly had mentioned doing the full size version in the fluted pan! So today I am trying it out, and it's baking as I type!

I believe you just use a full package of cake 18oz and just double the recipe, exept I added 3 eggs instead of 2. Then bake at 350 for 45 min. from what was posted on that thread. I hope that helps!

I will let ya know how it turns out this afternoon after my preview show!

I made the lemon cakes last minute last night with some friends. I didn't add anything extra.....just what the recipe called for: box of cake mix, an egg and the sour cream. I didn't add anything else except lemon zest. I cooked it in the microwave for 13 minutes as I do all my micro cakes on my microwave at home. Turned out fine. I also made the glaze and maybe because I didn't measure exactly (Maybe it had too much lemon juice?) but it tasted kinda funky.

It worked, but I may need to tweak the glaze. It's all gone today, though, so SOMEONE must have liked it!:)

I did this a couple weeks ago in the fluted stone and I did not like it...but I likes it in the prep bowls.....to me the lemons (on the bottom)cooked longer on the stone made it have a tart taste..maybe it was the lemons I had...I don't know..but I would not feel comfortable doing it in the stone for a show....for fear that it would have that tart taste...it was really bitter and bad ...JMO!

I think on the video they said not to use the lemon slices if you go the oven route.

lisa717 said:
I did this a couple weeks ago in the fluted stone and I did not like it...but I likes it in the prep bowls.....to me the lemons (on the bottom)cooked longer on the stone made it have a tart taste..maybe it was the lemons I had...I don't know..but I would not feel comfortable doing it in the stone for a show....for fear that it would have that tart taste...it was really bitter and bad ...JMO!
Maybe that's what my issue was. Certain parts seemed really tart. I did put lemon slices on the bottom of the fluted pan before I microwaved it.

I've been wondering if this would work as a skillet cake. February was busy, so I have to admit I have not taken the time to watch either DVD yet. I did do the prep bowl recipe, and loved them! I thought it would make a pretty skillet cake on a platter. But, from legacypc's post, maybe omit the slices? If anyone has tried it this way, let us know.

Tammy

I couldn't get the hang of slicing lemons on the mandoline, so my slices were too thick. Also, I think I overdid it on the zest.

If I do it again, I think I'm going to skip the sliced lemons and just use the juice and the proper amount of zest.

Ok, my fluted cake came out good I think? Everyone liked it and it was almost gone! I did add lemons to the bottom and everyone seemed to eat them, being baked for 45min they were cooked through!

pamperedbecky said:
I made the lemon cakes last minute last night with some friends. I didn't add anything extra.....just what the recipe called for: box of cake mix, an egg and the sour cream. I didn't add anything else except lemon zest. I cooked it in the microwave for 13 minutes as I do all my micro cakes on my microwave at home. Turned out fine. I also made the glaze and maybe because I didn't measure exactly (Maybe it had too much lemon juice?) but it tasted kinda funky.
It worked, but I may need to tweak the glaze. It's all gone today, though, so SOMEONE must have liked it!:)

Becky...did you use butter or margarine?

We talked about doing them in the fluted pan on Thursday at our training Bridget. I definitely want to try it!

I'd think you should be able to flip it out, but not 100% on that.

My fluted pan recipe of the lemon cakes flipped out fine. I just waited about 10 minutes, loosened the edges and flipped it onto the large round SA platter.

KellyTheChef said:
Becky...did you use butter or margarine?
For the glaze, right? I used butter.

I'm confused. Did you use a regular size cake mix or the 9 oz. Jiffy version in the stoneware fluted pan? I'm thinking regular but from the previous posts it sounds like the other??

And did you use the butter and sugar on the fluted pan like they say to on the prep bowls?

I have made the lemon cakes in the Silicon Floral Pan and they were absolutely fabulous. I used a regular lemon cake mix, added all the ingredients indicated in the PC lemon cake recipe. I did add 1/2 cup water because way too thick. I baked them for 20-30 min in 350 degree oven. The key is to not overfill. There was enough batter to make a few cakes in the prep bowls as well. I test ran these for my co-workers and my husband's co-workers and every one thought great. I glazed them as well.
Scrumptious!
Cathy

cvaccaro said:
I have made the lemon cakes in the Silicon Floral Pan and they were absolutely fabulous. I used a regular lemon cake mix, added all the ingredients indicated in the PC lemon cake recipe. I did add 1/2 cup water because way too thick. I baked them for 20-30 min in 350 degree oven. The key is to not overfill. There was enough batter to make a few cakes in the prep bowls as well. I test ran these for my co-workers and my husband's co-workers and every one thought great. I glazed them as well.
Scrumptious!
Cathy

You used a lemon cake, not yellow?

I'm going to be testing the microwave fluted pan method for the very first time today. Anyone have any tips for a first-timer???

1. How do I properly grease my stoneware before baking a lemon cake?

To properly grease your stoneware, use a cooking spray or brush on a thin layer of vegetable oil. Make sure to coat all surfaces of the stoneware to prevent sticking.

2. Can I use a boxed lemon cake mix in my stoneware?

Yes, you can use a boxed lemon cake mix in your stoneware. Just follow the instructions on the box and make sure to properly grease the stoneware before pouring in the mix.

3. How do I clean my stoneware after baking a lemon cake?

To clean your stoneware, let it cool completely before washing it with warm, soapy water. Do not use harsh chemicals or abrasive scrubbers, as they can damage the stoneware's surface.

4. Can I bake other desserts besides lemon cake in my stoneware?

Yes, you can use your stoneware to bake a variety of desserts, such as brownies, cookies, and fruit crisps. Just make sure to adjust the baking time and temperature accordingly.

5. How do I prevent my lemon cake from sticking to the stoneware?

To prevent sticking, make sure to properly grease your stoneware before baking. You can also sprinkle a thin layer of flour or sugar on the bottom of the stoneware before pouring in the batter.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tara Volpenhein
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
Admin Greg