• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Molten Chocolate Minicakes

In summary, the Molten Chocolate Mini Cakes do not turn out well when made in a silicone pan. The truffle brownie cups are a better recipe choice.
ejleinenbach
Gold Member
Hi All,

I am getting ready for a PC show coming up this Wednesday night and my host really wants me to make the Molten Chocolate Mini Cakes (she saw it in the SB recipe book). I do not have the Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan. Has anyone made this recipe in the Prep Bowls or the Stonewars Muffin Pan? I would love to hear feedback on this recipe.

Thank you!!!:chef:

I don't recommend making this for a show. The timing is really important...too little time baking and the mix is too undercooked; too much time and it is cakey-dry. Personally, I would use the excuse of not having the silicone pan as your excuse not to make them. (You can tell the host that this isn't one of the recipes your kit is designed to support....but if she wants a great chocolate fix, the truffle brownie cups are delicious.)

Hope this helps

legacypc46 said:
I don't recommend making this for a show. The timing is really important...too little time baking and the mix is too undercooked; too much time and it is cakey-dry. Personally, I would use the excuse of not having the silicone pan as your excuse not to make them.(You can tell the host that this isn't one of the recipes your kit is designed to support....but if she wants a great chocolate fix, the truffle brownie cups are delicious.)

Hope this helps

Great advice!

I agree, the Molten Brownie Cups aren't a good demo recipe. I've had hosts want things I don't do for demo before, and I always have just told them that the recipes that I choose for demo are for the most WOW in the least amount of time. I want their guests to see a good number of products in action, and to be able to recreate it at home...

I've found that usually when a host is picking the recipe, they are thinking of more the catering value (hmmm, I can't make that, but I'll get the PC consultant to do it for us...) than the show value.

ChefBeckyD said:
I've found that usually when a host is picking the recipe, they are thinking of more the catering value (hmmm, I can't make that, but I'll get the PC consultant to do it for us...) than the show value.

So true! Sometimes hosts seem to think the name of our business is 'Pampered Catering'! :rolleyes:

I tried the molten chocolate minicakes. They did not turn out molten, just gooey in the middle. I only cooked it until the time indicated by the recipe, but I think my friend's oven was too hot or something. I took the batter and the pan to my friends one night when we were invited over for dinner, and cooked it after dinner so it would be hot.

Since you do not have this pan, I would call her and tell her you don't have the equipment for this recipe, and other consultants have not had good luck with this recipe turning out right, and suggest other chocolate recipes!!

The tuxedo brownies
The turtle brownies
The microwave chocolate strawberry cake

Whatever you choose, practice the recipe at least once at home, so you feel confident cooking it in front of a crowd!! I tend to try the microwave recipes at work and share for lunch. I have actually made sales at work this way!!!

Thank you so much for this feedback! I have made the Truffle Brownie Cups at a couple of shows and the guests LOVED those! If you do not let the truffle mixture set too long, they can be "molten" too! There were only 4 guests at one of those shows and the ladies had a blast "drinking" the chocolate out of the brownie shells. We just kept filing the shells with more filling. They loved them and called them "true chocolate shots". Your advice has given me the confidence to propose this.

Thanks again!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Molten Chocolate Minicakes?

To make Molten Chocolate Minicakes, you will need all-purpose flour, unsalted butter, semi-sweet chocolate chips, eggs, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract.

2. Can I use a different type of chocolate instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate you prefer, such as dark chocolate or milk chocolate. Just be sure to use the same amount of chocolate as the recipe calls for.

3. How do I know when the Molten Chocolate Minicakes are done?

The Molten Chocolate Minicakes are done when the edges are set and the center is still slightly jiggly. You can also insert a toothpick in the center, and if it comes out with moist crumbs, they are done.

4. Can I make Molten Chocolate Minicakes in advance?

Yes, you can make the batter for the Molten Chocolate Minicakes ahead of time and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours. When ready to bake, let the batter sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking. You can also bake the minicakes ahead of time and reheat them in the microwave before serving.

5. Can I use a different type of pan to make Molten Chocolate Minicakes?

Yes, you can use a regular muffin tin or a mini muffin tin instead of a mini bundt pan. Just be sure to adjust the baking time accordingly. You can also use ramekins or small oven-safe bowls to make larger individual servings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LeslieSGI
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JennLizFran
  • pamperedchef.carol
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • AZPampered Chef