• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Let's Brainstorm Tips for Saving Money to Share at Shows

In summary, the expert shares tips on cooking at home, using PC products, and saving money on groceries. They suggest using PC products such as the juicer, bread cube maker, Twix-It clips, and oven window. They also suggest using coupons, storing food correctly, and using the oven to save energy.
Here are some ideas that I printed up on paper to keep at my table during demos...then I can throw out ideas throughout my show!

I am also uploading two flyers that I printed out for my table (put into a plexiglass frame) when I did my speech the other day about saving time and money!

Attachments

• Money saving tips for shows.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 543
  • 15 Shopping Tips to Save TIME and MONEY one page flyer.doc
    33 KB · Views: 543
  • Cooking Tips to Save TIME and MONEY one page flyer.doc
    32 KB · Views: 633
Those are awesome Kelly!! Thank you for sharing!!!:)

One of the best suggestions, I have used at my shows, is to cook a 30 minute chicken in Deep Covered Baker and serve it for dinner. Take remainng chicken and remove from carcus then the following evening use it for the Mexican Chicken Lasagna. There's no way either of those recipes resemble one another and you won't hear we just had that the night before.

ALso, the Mexican CHicken lasagna is fantastic if you have left over Pork Roast or Beef roast and just substitute for the chicken. I have sold on average 1 of the bakers at my past shows for the last 2 months, besides to my host taking one at half off.

*bumping*. Been reading folks having alot of cancellations or trouble getting bookings because of the tough times- thought maybe those of us who missed this the first time around might benefit (I know I didnt' read it the 1st go, but have marked it this time).

Does anyone have any tips they share with their guests about Meal PLANNING? That's a huge money and time saver in my opinion...at least for me...so much so that sometimes I refuse to go shopping until I have one put together because I know I'll (A) blow the budget, and (B) waste food/time/money because I'll buy things for meals that I don't have written down andt hen forget WHY I bought the food in the first place or I don't get all the ingredients I needed for a recipe becuz I didn't have it written down.....so this is an area I'd love to work on and figure out quick way so I can share with guests.

With the lemon peel you can also put it on the stove or a crockpot with water to make the house smell good. Sometime I do this with rosemarry or oranges with cloves or cinnamon.

CarrieB said:
With the lemon peel you can also put it on the stove or a crockpot with water to make the house smell good. Sometime I do this with rosemarry or oranges with cloves or cinnamon.

I like to share this tip with the peel from an apple once I am done demo-ing the Apple Peeler Corer Slicer. Throw it in a pan of water with some of our Cinnamon Plus and simmer it on the stove to add some comfort smells to the house!

And about the Cookie Dough Casserole...being a food service director and being a teacher on sanitation, it too would not be my cup of tea, however, it is better than the idea of "dumpster diving". People do not realize that even though a food item looks unspoiled...it may have been mishandled an not fit for serving.

I too worked in the back of a restaurant where the saved the mini bread loaves offered as an appetizer. If the customers did not finish the loaf it was put in a bin. Then it was ground up and used as breading or stuffing. This too is not a sanitary practice. Whether it is heated to temp or not.

I sound like a sanitation nazi, but with all of the food borne illnesses out there...better to be safe than sorry. My employees have it drilled in their heads...when in doubt, throw it out!

What I do for meal planning... I make a list of all the things that I typically make, one column for main dishes and another for sides. I even highlight the ones that I'll only make on a weekend because of time. The day before I go shopping I hand it out to the family and they circle what they want to eat. I get them back and go through my pantry and freezer and decide what I need. This plan has saved me a ZILLION hours of frustration trying to plan and shop for every meal.

ChefBeckyD said:
I've been using vinegar in place of fabric softener. It works great!:thumbup:

Do you put it in when the fabric softener goes in or along w/the detergent?

Just read this thread for the 1st time...thanks for the tips and the laughs!!!

I came across this site, I'm not sure if it covers all of your areas but it's really handy where it does! It lists the items on sale from all the main stores in your area, and then matches them with manufacturer coupons for some killer savings! Check it out! Coupons I've been looking for something like this forever!

I also now promote the Microfiber Towels as replacements for Swiffer cloths (especially the dishcloth size). I have two dogs who shed like crazy, so instead of continually buying new Swiffers, I just throw the towels in the laundry. They also can save money on paper towel use as well![/QUOTE]

I too love the Microfiber cloth! I use it to clean my hardwood floors with soap and water, so no more buying hardwood floor cleaner. I use them to dust-they dust amazingly and I use a lot less Pledge. I use them to clean windows and glass surfaces with soap and water-haven't bought Windex in so long! I have black appliances, and our towel takes fingerprints and smudges off beautifully! I keep one in my car so I can wipe down dashboards while waiting in line at stop lights, train tracks or at the bank, etc. It's also great in the car because if I take my dog she sheds, so I have the towel in there to clean it all. It wipes up dog hair from surfaces like a magnet!

<h2>1. What are some easy ways to save money on groceries?</h2><p>One tip for saving money on groceries is to plan your meals for the week and make a grocery list before going to the store. This will help you avoid buying unnecessary items and sticking to a budget. Another tip is to buy in bulk and freeze extra portions for future meals.</p><h2>2. How can I save money on kitchen tools and appliances?</h2><p>Consider investing in high-quality, multi-purpose kitchen tools that can serve multiple functions. This will save you money in the long run compared to buying single-use gadgets. Also, shop for kitchen appliances during sales or discount events to get the best deals.</p><h2>3. What can I do to save money on eating out?</h2><p>Try to limit eating out to special occasions and instead cook at home using budget-friendly recipes. You can also save money by packing your own lunch for work or school instead of buying it. When you do eat out, look for coupons or special deals to save some extra cash.</p><h2>4. How can I save time in the kitchen?</h2><p>Meal prepping is a great way to save time in the kitchen. Set aside a few hours on the weekend to prepare meals for the week, so you can just reheat and eat during busy weekdays. You can also use a slow cooker or pressure cooker to save time on cooking.</p><h2>5. What are some general tips for saving money around the house?</h2><p>To save money on household expenses, try to reduce your energy usage by turning off lights and unplugging electronics when not in use. You can also save on water bills by fixing any leaks and using low-flow showerheads and faucets. Additionally, consider shopping for household items at thrift stores or garage sales instead of buying new.</p>

1. What are some easy ways to save money on groceries?

One tip for saving money on groceries is to plan your meals for the week and make a grocery list before going to the store. This will help you avoid buying unnecessary items and sticking to a budget. Another tip is to buy in bulk and freeze extra portions for future meals.

2. How can I save money on kitchen tools and appliances?

Consider investing in high-quality, multi-purpose kitchen tools that can serve multiple functions. This will save you money in the long run compared to buying single-use gadgets. Also, shop for kitchen appliances during sales or discount events to get the best deals.

3. What can I do to save money on eating out?

Try to limit eating out to special occasions and instead cook at home using budget-friendly recipes. You can also save money by packing your own lunch for work or school instead of buying it. When you do eat out, look for coupons or special deals to save some extra cash.

4. How can I save time in the kitchen?

Meal prepping is a great way to save time in the kitchen. Set aside a few hours on the weekend to prepare meals for the week, so you can just reheat and eat during busy weekdays. You can also use a slow cooker or pressure cooker to save time on cooking.

5. What are some general tips for saving money around the house?

To save money on household expenses, try to reduce your energy usage by turning off lights and unplugging electronics when not in use. You can also save on water bills by fixing any leaks and using low-flow showerheads and faucets. Additionally, consider shopping for household items at thrift stores or garage sales instead of buying new.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• twinkie10
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefliz
  • texasteacher
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
Replies