• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick Tips During Shows (Let's Share!!)

In summary, these are three quick tips to sharpen your blades, soften a lemon or lime, and store fresh produce: use a sheet of tin foil, crush ice, and keep herbs in a plastic baggie with a piece of paper towel.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
Ok, I want this thread to be FILLED w/ all the awesome quick tips, that you do during your show. I want to add more quick tips to my show, as I reach everyone with something that 'speaks to them' and will make their time in the kitchen easier, and more fun..

So let's get started....

Here are a few to start..

1. When using garlic, be sure to keep the cloves attached to the root, rather than breaking off for storage. The longer they stay on the root, the longer your garlic will last. And the more fresh it will be.

2. Same goes for onions, ( and w/ items like bell peppers...leave what you aren't using attached to the stem/seeds, etc. It will keep nicer)

Okay here is my tips that I like the share at my shows....1.) To sharpen the blades on the food chopper take a sheet of tin foil and chop on it. OR take crushes ice and chop it it.....2.) To soften a lemon or lime before zesting or cutting role on the counter for a few seconds to soften it up.

mommyhugz1978 said:
Okay here is my tips that I like the share at my shows....

1.) To sharpen the blades on the food chopper take a sheet of tin foil and chop on it. OR take crushes ice and chop it it.....

2.) To soften a lemon or lime before zesting or cutting role on the counter for a few seconds to soften it up.

Someone told me this dulls the blade....now I'm confused.

Never store tomatoes in the fridge. It affects the chemical compounds in them and turns them favorless.Ripen fruit quickly by placing it in a paper bag with a ripe apple. Fold down the top of the bag and let it sit for a day or two. The apple emits ethylene gas, which is a natural ripening agent."Wash" your hands with a stainless steel item (like a spoon) to remove onion and garlic odors.

You shouldn't keep potatoes in the fridge either! Something about the carb turn to sugar. It suggests you don't right on the bag, too--as I had to point out to my MIL this past week! If you don't have our herb keeper or have more herbs to store, keep them in a plastic baggie with a piece of paper towel. They'll last longer.NEVER use knives on a glass or marble cutting board. You'll dull your knives faster than....

There are 3 things that, if you are not using fresh, you are cutting the flavor of your food by at least 50%.
Those 3 things are Citrus fruits (like lemons, limes, or oranges) - if your lemon juice comes in a little lemon shaped bottle, than you are not getting the true flavor or lemon juice!
Next is Garlic! There is no substitute for fresh garlic in regards to flavor or health benefits.
And the last thing is hard cheeses like Parmesan and Romano.......you need just a very small amount of fresh parm. to make a dish flavorful, but have you noticed when you are shaking your cheese out of a green can, you have to use a 2 inch layer to get the flavor?

If you peel a banana from the bottom instead of the top, it takes more of the little stringy things with the peel.
Remember that one clove of garlic is one piece; a bulb is made of lots of cloves....if you use a whole bulb when a recipe calls for a clove; you're either going out to dinner or keeping the vampires away! (I always like to say that if people say they don't use fresh garlic; gets some laughs!)

I highly recommend "The New Food Lover's Tiptionary" by Sharon Tyler Herbst! It is loaded with random tips for food and cooking techniques. For instance:
Cinnamon is the inner bark of a tropical evergreen tree. Ceylon (or true ) cinnamon has a tan color and mildly sweet flavor. Cassia - a close relative of true cinnamon- is what commonly sold in the US as ground cinnamon (it has a darker, reddish-brown color and more pungent slightly bittersweet flavor).

Chocolate - The word chocolate come from the Aztec xocolatl (transliterated to chocolatl) meaning "bitter water", an apt mane for the unsweetened drink the Aztecs made with pounded cacao beans, vanilla, and spices. Aztec emperor Montezuma was said to have been exceedingly fond of this bitter potion, his daily consumption up to 50 goblets. But chocolatl was reputed to be an aphrodisiac (the cacao came form a tree Aztecs held divine), so who knows is Montezuma really liked the flavor, or if he was just trying to maintain his royal reputation with the ladies. :rolleyes:

I love this book!

When cracking eggs, if you get a small piece of shell in them, use the EGGSHELL to fish it out. It will attract the small piece and it's easy to get!

Ok...I know tons of tips but can't think of anything else right now! Doh!

OK i dont know that many tips, but I am going to learn ALOT from this thread!! Thanks for starting!

Ok here is my few tips:

To crack an egg, I heard that instead of cracking in on the edge of something(bowl..ect) crack on a flat surface. it cracks cleaner..

I have also heard that if you keep bananas in the fridge they last longer(dont look like it.. but taste like it)

Christ Follower said:
Someone told me this dulls the blade....now I'm confused.

I have heard many people say that.... but that is what I was told by my upline as a tip during a cluster meeting...... I haven't tried it.... my blades haven't needed to be sharpen ......yet..........;)

Bananas
To keep your bananas fresh longer break them all apart - don't leave them clumped together. When you break them apart it slows down the ripening process. (kind of reverse of the onion, bell pepper tip earlier)

If your bananas get too ripe on you, don't throw them away. Take a freezer bag and peel the banana - then squish it up in the bag - remove all of the air and put it in the freezer. Add to it as you "forget" about your bananas. When you need bananas for a recipe, take out your bag and scoop out what you need. Great for breads, smoothies, pancakes, etc. and they are already mushed up so you don't have to wait for them to soften up to use them.

Apples
To pick apples that are the freshest turn them over and look at the bottom. there is a little "bud" in the middle - that bud should be nice and tight - if it is open or missing it is not as fresh. If you are going to use them right away they may be fine but if you are going to store them longer get ones that are tight.

Bell peppers
When picking bell peppers pick those up an look at the bottom also. Count the bumps. 4 bumps means it is a sweet pepper - better for summer type recipes - salads, dipping, shish-ka-bobs. Odd number of bumps (3, 5, etc) means it will not be sweet - it will have a bolder flavor that can stand up better in soups and stews - winter type recipes. Also if you arent' going to use the entire pepper in a recipe don't cut the stem and seeds out - leave them attached and the pepper will "seal" itself off and stay fresh much longer.

I also tell people that before becoming a consultant I left out stuff like Bell Peppers because I didn't like them but I have started adding them and the flavor they add are amazing - but I just pulverize them with my food chopper so I don't have the texture - I usually tell them this as I'm pounding the heck out of my chopper on the pepper. Same thing with zest - I thought "whatever!!" but since I have been using it it really adds a ton of flavor that you can't get any other way.

thanks for starting this! I love giving tips in my show!

Oh and this was on here a few weeks ago - when you are boiling pasta, potatoes, anything in your pots - put a wooden spoon across the top - it will prevent the liquid from boiling over. (Great for upselling our bamboos stuff).

sorry, that was long!

The scientific name for the cocoa tree is Theobroma Cacao, which translates to "Food of the Gods."

don't store apples and carrots in the same drawer apples give off a ethlyne gas that makes carrots bitter.

eating a spoonful of peanut butter cures the hiccups (just had to trow that in)

to add to Ann's tomatoe tip - store stem side down

place a lit candle near your work area when chopping/slicing onions so you won't cry. (this really works too)

to keep ice cream fresh & avoid ice crystals from forming
Place a sheet of plastic wrap directly on top of ice cream and then replace lid

I learned to chew a piece of gum while cutting onions to prevent tears. My grandmother always ran her hands over the sink faucet after cutting onions to get the smell off her hands. (They're usually stainless) (Does that mean we should rub our new stainless pans after we cut onions?)

Has anyone else ever hear that if you rub a bannana peel over warts, it removes them? 'Course I understand duct tape will get rid of warts too.

A ripe jalapeno peppere will have brown, woodsy looking lines on it.

--Jenny L

When you are chopping onions, if you start to "cry" open the freezer, keep your eyes open put your "head in the freezer" for a few seconds.. I don't know maybe it just freezes your tears...LOL...it always works for me.

Our Clock/Timer works great as a pager for kids. If they want to go to a friends house, and they have say, an hour, set the timer for on hour. Show them how to turn it off and explain when it goes off, they need to come home.

Works great for time-outs also.

--Jenny L

KellyTheChef said:
When cracking eggs, if you get a small piece of shell in them, use the EGGSHELL to fish it out. It will attract the small piece and it's easy to get!

Ok...I know tons of tips but can't think of anything else right now! Doh!

If you do this, wash your eggs prior to washing- most salmonella (sp?) is actually on the outside of the egg. This is also important when separating an egg. If you do not have the egg separator, and you use the egg to separate the yolk, wash the egg prior to doing so.

Lettuce leaves should be torn by hand; cutting with a knife will turn the edges brown faster. If you must cut lettuce, be sure to use a stainless steel knife or salad chopperLettuce tends to keep well in plastic bags in the crisper section of the refrigerator. Iceberg lettuce keeps the best, lasting around two weeks, while Romaine, ten days, and butterheads types and endives lasts approximately four days.Salad greens should not be stored near fruits that produce ethylene gases (like apples) as this will increase brown spots on the lettuce leaves and increase spoilage.

Ooh- that reminds me of another one about keeping fruit.

When you get home from the market, rinse strawberries in a bowl containing 2 quarts water and 1 cup white vinegar. Remove the berries, rinse under running water, then spin dry in a salad spinner (I line the big basket of ours with a microfiber towel to absorb ALL the moisture). Store in an airtight container. This will help your strawberries keep for a week or more!

chefann said:
Ooh- that reminds me of another one about keeping fruit.

When you get home from the market, rinse strawberries in a bowl containing 2 quarts water and 1 cup white vinegar. Remove the berries, rinse under running water, then spin dry in a salad spinner (I line the big basket of ours with a microfiber towel to absorb ALL the moisture). Store in an airtight container. This will help your strawberries keep for a week or more!

Great tip Ann, I will use this one. I love strawberries but hate how they seem to go bad so quick.

Of course, now I'm second-guessing myself about the amount of water in that strawberry tip. It might be just 1 qt, with 1 cup of vinegar. It's mentioned in another thread around here from earlier this summer...

Huh, that is neat!
Oh and the lettuce turning when in the same drawer as fruit, DID not know that!! thanks for sharing all of you!! Man i am learning alot. I hope i get some great tips to remember at my shows!

and dropping a lettuce leaf into your cooked soup for the last few minutes will absorb a great deal of fat/grease.

feather18 said:
Huh, that is neat!
Oh and the lettuce turning when in the same drawer as fruit, DID not know that!! thanks for sharing all of you!! Man i am learning alot. I hope i get some great tips to remember at my shows!

I had to do some research on lettuce... becasue at my show last night.... a lady told everyone that you don't' want to buy the salad chopper becasue your not supposed to cut it with medal.... it will turn the lettuce brown........ so now I know what to say properly.

mommyhugz1978 said:
I had to do some research on lettuce... becasue at my show last night.... a lady told everyone that you don't' want to buy the salad chopper becasue your not supposed to cut it with medal.... it will turn the lettuce brown........ so now I know what to say properly.
That's true - but if you're chopping it with the salad choppers, chances are pretty good that you're going to be eating it right away, in which case, it won't have time to turn. Also, the sharper the knife, the less likely that it will turn brown, as there is less cellular damage to the lettuce.

chefann said:
That's true - but if you're chopping it with the salad choppers, chances are pretty good that you're going to be eating it right away, in which case, it won't have time to turn. Also, the sharper the knife, the less likely that it will turn brown, as there is less cellular damage to the lettuce.

thanks!! got to love the no it alls in the crowd!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefann

Really huh? man and the funny thing is that it turns out that they DIDNT know it all! man not trying to steal thread, but How do you recover from that? So far if that would happen to me , i would probally not know what to say!

Use chopper
chefheidi2003 said:
When you are chopping onions, if you start to "cry" open the freezer, keep your eyes open put your "head in the freezer" for a few seconds.. I don't know maybe it just freezes your tears...LOL...it always works for me.

I recommend using the Food chopper cover and inserting the onion into it to cut. This keeps the onion smell in the chopper and lid instead of wafting through the air to sting their eyes. So many of my hosts and customers love this. I personally am not sensitive to this, I love eating raw onions with my burger or chicken from Bill Miller's. I have grown up eating all kinds of veggies and raw onions is one of them.

Debbie :D

feather18 said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefann

Really huh? man and the funny thing is that it turns out that they DIDNT know it all! man not trying to steal thread, but How do you recover from that? So far if that would happen to me , i would probally not know what to say!

I didn't know what to say to her last night........ It doesn't' happen to me to offten but on occasion it does!!!! and throws me off!!!

any more ideas?

I was getting ready for a Halloween Themed show this weekend and ran across this...
Did You Know?
For Halloween, American candy manufacturers produce about 20 million pounds of candy corn each year. That's 8.3 billion kernels.

To make stew/soup, use the garlic press to press a bouillon cube through. It helps dissolve better. First, soften the bouillon cub in the microwave for a few seconds prior to pressing.

Another idea for our timer, in the bathroom, when your children are brushing their teeth set it for 2 minutes. This is the recommended time by dentists.

I have heard of lots of uses for our garlic press.. anyone know more of them?? Those are so fun!

feather18 said:
I have heard of lots of uses for our garlic press.. anyone know more of them?? Those are so fun!

Play-doh hair or cookie dough, red or black licorice, clay or fimo clay.

--Jenny L

Update About Food Chopper From Test KitchensHi Leah,

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef Test Kitchens with your
product question. We do not have a tool in our line to sharpen the
blades of the Ultimate Mandoline or Food Chopper. If these products are
still within the guarantee and the blades seem dull - contact the
Solution Center. If the products are out of guarantee the product may
be taken to a hardware store or sewing shop in your area to see if they
can sharpen the blades. Please let us know if you have more questions.

mommyhugz1978 said:
Hi Leah,

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef Test Kitchens with your
product question. We do not have a tool in our line to sharpen the
blades of the Ultimate Mandoline or Food Chopper. If these products are
still within the guarantee and the blades seem dull - contact the
Solution Center. If the products are out of guarantee the product may
be taken to a hardware store or sewing shop in your area to see if they
can sharpen the blades. Please let us know if you have more questions.

Thanks for nothing HO! At least they got back to you! I have guests ask me ALL THE TIME about sharpening the food chopper blades. I wish I had an old one so I can practice on the ice.....

Christ Follower said:
Thanks for nothing HO! At least they got back to you! I have guests ask me ALL THE TIME about sharpening the food chopper blades. I wish I had an old one so I can practice on the ice.....

But the weird thing is that my up line told us in a cluster meeting a year ago that to sharpen them to chop crushed ice.... SO I DON'T" KNOW............:confused:

I got this tip from this site;

When buying your garlic, you want to shop for it like men shop for their underware: Tight and White.:D

When buying a pineapple, give a tug to one of the leaves (stems?) on top, if it comes out easily, it's ripe.

Also, tuning the pineapple upside down for a day or two before cutting it will allow the sugars to flow through the whole pineapple...

mommyhugz1978 said:
But the weird thing is that my up line told us in a cluster meeting a year ago that to sharpen them to chop crushed ice.... SO I DON'T" KNOW............:confused:

I'm not sure if I want to chance it, but your upline probably has more knowledge on the subject than I do.

Christ Follower said:
I'm not sure if I want to chance it, but your upline probably has more knowledge on the subject than I do.

I have had my chopper a year and half and haven't had to sharpen the blades... but I am not going to chance it either ....

Christ Follower said:
Really!! Ok well i have 3 food choppers, no, none of them are really old, but ok how will i know if it dulls them?? will i be able to see it? if i find out anything i will let yall know!!

If you dont want to cry when you cut into an onion place it in the freezer for 10 minutes before cutting.

TAke 1/2 cup soft butter, 1 tsp Bell; Pepper Rub and 1/2 tsp salt combine all ingredients and refrigerate. This is delicious on sweet corn, any cooked vegtables or warm biscuits. Ust on italian bread then toast on the gas grill.
You could switch any of the herbs to do this.

If you dont want the smell of onions to bother you while cutting place the onion in the freezer for 10 minutes before cutting.

Bell Butter
1/2 cup soft butter, 1 tsp Bell Pepper Rub, 1.2 tsp salt. Mix ingredients together and refrigerate. Delicious on sweet corn, any cooked vegetable or warm biscuits. Can be used on sandwiches also. Ust on italian bread the place on gas grill to toast.

Do not store tomatoes in the fridge - it kills their flavor really fast.

To keep green onions and celery fresh in the fridge, take them out of plastic bags that you put them in when you buy them at the store.....they don't' get soggy!!

I love this thread! Thanks for getting it started

I am all about the quick tips and fun facts at my shows. I could fill a whole page myself, I am sure of it! :eek:

Some of my favorites:
If you add an apple to your bag of potatoes once you get home from the grocery store, it will keep your potatoes from sprouting.

Kiwi is a natural meat tenderizer. If you have a cheap cut of meat, rub a cut kiwi on it. Kiwi is also very good for men with impotence... of course, with this course of action it should be eaten and not rubbed! :blushing:

If you slice a small bit off a garlic clove and put it on a wart, covered with a bandaid, your wart will disappear within a day or two.

If you have to cut lettuce with a metal knife, dip it in vinegar first, it will keep your lettuce from browning.

Room temperature ingredients for cakes. Eggs and milk brought to room temperture will yeild a higher cake.

However, a pie crust will be more easily made if all the ingredients are kept cool.

If your brown sugar has turned hard as a rock, break a piece off and run it through our Deluxe cheese grater. You can grate it right into your measuring cups!

If you want the frosting on your chocolate cake to really shine, use your blow dryer on it for a few seconds.

When making hamburgers, add a little flour to it to make them hold together better.

Grate an apple into hamburger to add moistness.

Bacon dipped in flour will not shrink. Soaking it in ice water a few minutes also works.

For golden brown fried chicken, roll it in powdered milk instead of flour.

Peeling onions under cold water will keep the tears from flowing. Or if you hold a match between your teeth, it will keep the tears away... of course, it would be un unlit match, unless you really think you can chop faster with it lit! :rolleyes:

When celery loses its crispness, throw it in some ice cold water.

To keep celery longer in your frige, wrap it in aluminum foil.

Red peppers are simply more ripened green peppers and contain twice the amount of vitamin C.

To improve the taste of old potatoes, add a little sugar to the water which they are boiled.

Also, boil your corn on the cob with sugar added... it brings out the sweetness of the corn.

Remember, soup boiled is soup spoiled. Soup should be cooked gently and evenly.

Lots of garlic facts!!
Garlic eaten during pregnancy reduces the risk of pre-eclampsia. Studies also show that garlic may boost birth weight of babies desitined to be too small.

If you are taking any sort of blood thinning medication, or regularly taking aspirin, consult your doctor before taking garlic supplements. Garlic has anti-boagulant properities, meaning, it thins your blood.

Garlic is a great defense against Tick bites and mosquito bites.

Garlic used in the garden has been known to ward off many different types of animals and insects.

One clove of garlic is TEN TIMES STRONGER when pushed through a press than a clove minced fine with a sharp knife.

Garlic Breath?? Try chewing on a sprig of fresh parsley with lemon squeezed on it. Or eat a strawberry to cleanse your breath.

Ok... off to search for more! :D

Green peppers are either the smartest vegetable, or the dumbest... I can’t decide!. A pepper won’t know it has been cut into if you cut from the bottom and leave the stem in tact. Hence, they keep longer that way.

If you cut an onion from the opposite end of the mustache (the hairy end) it will also keep longer in the fridge!

Use The Corer, normally for apples, to core the seeds out of your cucumbers. It’s the seeds that cause gas! Plus, if you then shove a fat carrot in that cuke hole, and slice, you will have an attractive vegetable combination!

You can use the V-shaped cutter, crinkle cutter, and The Corer for carving jack-o-lanterns! Plus, if you sprinkle cinnamon inside before lighting your candle, it will smell great too!

Use the Garlic press for Ginger root too! To get optimal flavor, first freeze your ginger root, then microwave for 15 seconds. Freeze it again, and microwave it again for another 15 seconds before pressing it.

When grating cheese ~ microwave it for 10-15 seconds first! The natural oils will come out and the cheese will easily fall from your cheese grater.

If you over salt a dish on the stove top while boiling.... drop a peeled potato in it. The potato will absorb all the salt for you!

If your potatoes grow arms and legs and party it up in the bag after you bring them home, try throwing an apple in the bag with them! Potatoes are real party animals when alone, but throw in a stranger, and they will keep to themselves! Guaranteed, your apple will go bad before your potatoes start to sprout!

A slice of apple in your cookie jar will keep your cookies soft as the minute you took them out of the oven!

When you saute’ onions and garlic, be sure to add the garlic at the very end. Saute less than a minutes if possible. Garlic cooked on the stove top longer than that will become bitter.

If you place your bananas in a ziploc baggy when you get them home from the grocery store, they will continue to ripen, but won’t turn black!

If you love bacon, but hate the splattered mess, try baking it on your bar pan! 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes will give you the best bacon you have ever tasted!

Room temperature lemons will yield more juice. Also, if you roll them on the counter or microwave them for 10 seconds, that will also get the juices flowing.

When sending your significant other to the grocery store for a lemon, make sure he picks out a good one! Ripe lemons will have a smooth surface, and the top “nub” will be elongated. The bigger the nub, the riper the lemon.... So when your man comes home with a big nub, everyone is happy!

Turn a carton of eggs sideways in the refrigerator the night before you make deviled eggs and the yolks will be in the middle!

When baking a chocolate cake, dust cake pan with cocoa powder instead of flour. It will cause the same non stick effect without the white residue.

Want a hint of garlic on your salad? Cut a clove in half and rub it on the rim of your salad bowl.

Kitchen knives should be sharpened after every 5 uses.

Peach skins come off smoothly when peeled with the Vegetable Peeler.

To easily peel a kiwi, cut it in half and then slide a spoon between the skin and fruit. Spoon around the entire fruit for a perfect kiwi!

Quickly cut a medium sized onion into wedges for a stir fry by using the apple wedger.

Steam your broccoli for one minute, then dip into cold water to keep a beautiful vibrant green color.

Use your kitchen sheers to cut biscuits into quarters for a quick garlic biscuit treat!

When making mashed potatoes, instead of cutting them into chunks, try slicing them when the Ultimate Slice and Grate. They will cook MUCH faster!

Try squeezing a bunch of lemons at one time. Put the juice in an ice cube tray and freeze for when you want to make a quick lemon aid or extra flavor for your tea.

If you place a piece of bread in your brown sugar bag, it will keep it from getting hard.

If your brown sugar is all ready hard, throw a bit of peeled apple in the bag, and it will soften right up!

The Skin from a garlic clove will slip right off if you place the clove in the microwave for 15 seconds first!

Place bay leaves in kitchen drawers and flour/sugar containers to keep crawling insects away!

Keep your Saran Wrap in the freezer. It is easier to unroll, doesn’t stick to itself until it warms up and it is easier to tear!

Don’t throw out that leftover wine. Freeze it into an ice cube try to use in casseroles or sauces at a later date.

To test whether an egg is still fresh, put them into a bowl of water. If it floats, throw it out.

To save time, add salt to the pasta water AFTER it comes to a boil. Salted water takes longer to boil than unsalted.

Storing tomatoes with the stem side pointed down will help the tomato stay fresher longer.

Add fluff to your mashed potatoes by adding a pinch of baking soda during mashing.

To keep peeled apples and bananas from turning brown, soak them in Sprite, 7-Up, lemon juice or pineapple juice!

To keep potatoes from browning, place then into a bowl with 4 cups of water and 4 Tbsp. Lemon juice.

Rubbing a cut lime on your forehead will get rid of a headache!

Eating a cut garlic will get rid of a husband!! Hehehe.

Use the Pizza Cutter to quickly cut cooked spaghetti noodles! Much easier to cut, and perfect for bite sized kid pieces!

Crafters in a pinch? Try using our Pizza Cutters to cut fabric with ease!

Use our Easy Accent Decorator for more than just frostings! Fill your deviled eggs, manicotti shells or jelly doughnuts with ease!

Take your cheese from the plastic it came in and wrap it in aluminum foil, cheese cloth or parchment paper instead. It will take the shelf life in your refrigerator to 5 or 6 months or more!

Want a quick clean up tip? Try baking on Parchment paper instead of a bare pan. Makes clean up a breeze and doesn’t alter the cooking time or flavor!

When making soup, to absorb the grease that settles to the top, place a leaf of lettuce on top of the soup while cooking. Remove when it has done its job!

Sprinkle a little salt into your frying pan before cooking to keep the grease from splattering.

Butter the rim of a pan in which you cook rice or macaroni so it won’t boil over.

When making apple pies, sprinkle 1 Tbsp. Lemon gelatin over apples before you put the top crust on. It not only adds flavor, but also prevents spillovers!

Use the Cooks Corer to get those stray apple seeds from a wedged apple.

Try grating carrots with the Deluxe Cheese Grater. No slippery carrots to keep a hold of, and better yet, no grated knuckles!

A marshmallow stuffed into an ice cream cone will prevent dripping!

Instead of ditching the grease and fat from browned meats, use a slice of stale bread to soak it up while still in the pan. Let the bread dry a bit and then crumble it to feed to outdoor birds. A good way to safely rid yourself of grease and the birds will love you for it!

To keep salad greens and cut veggies fresh ~ put a paper towel with them in a plastic bag. It will absorb the moisture so your produce will last longer!

Did you know, garlic juice and its constituents can slow, or kill more than 60 different fungi and twenty type of bacteria? WOW!

Boil the remnants of your lime, lemon and oranges after juicing them. It will make your house smell wonderful!

Use your garlic press for bits of sugar cookie dough during the holidays. Makes wonderful angel hair and santa beards for cookies!

<H2>1. How do I keep my garlic fresh?</H2><p>When using garlic, be sure to keep the cloves attached to the root, rather than breaking off for storage. The longer they stay on the root, the longer your garlic will last and the more fresh it will be.</p><H2>2. What about onions and bell peppers?</H2><p>Same goes for onions and items like bell peppers. Leave what you aren't using attached to the stem, seeds, etc. This will help keep them fresher for longer.</p><H2>3. How can I easily chop herbs?</H2><p>Use a pair of kitchen shears to easily and quickly chop herbs like parsley, cilantro, and chives.</p><H2>4. What's the best way to peel ginger?</H2><p>Instead of using a peeler or knife, use the edge of a spoon to easily scrape off the skin of ginger. It's quicker and less wasteful.</p><H2>5. How do I prevent my cutting board from slipping?</H2><p>Place a damp paper towel or kitchen towel underneath your cutting board to prevent it from slipping while you chop and prep ingredients.</p>

1. How do I keep my garlic fresh?

When using garlic, be sure to keep the cloves attached to the root, rather than breaking off for storage. The longer they stay on the root, the longer your garlic will last and the more fresh it will be.

2. What about onions and bell peppers?

Same goes for onions and items like bell peppers. Leave what you aren't using attached to the stem, seeds, etc. This will help keep them fresher for longer.

3. How can I easily chop herbs?

Use a pair of kitchen shears to easily and quickly chop herbs like parsley, cilantro, and chives.

4. What's the best way to peel ginger?

Instead of using a peeler or knife, use the edge of a spoon to easily scrape off the skin of ginger. It's quicker and less wasteful.

5. How do I prevent my cutting board from slipping?

Place a damp paper towel or kitchen towel underneath your cutting board to prevent it from slipping while you chop and prep ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • dannyzmom