• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Time-Saving and Money-Saving Tips...

In summary, the author is suggesting that people buy bigger chickens so they will have more meat, buy a turkey that is at least 12 lbs, and store leftovers in a stainless steel mixing bowl.
twinkie10
Gold Member
I'd like to make a compilation of time-saving and money-saving tips we can share with our guests at shows this year. If the economy is affecting as many as we are led to believe, I'd like to have a come-back with how WE, as consultants, can share with our Hosts and guests ways to help during these difficult times.

How can our tools be an investment for them and worth it for them to purchase? What grocery tips can you share with your guests to help them save money?

Any kind of tips are welcome:

Here are a few I've come across...

The Salad and Berry Spinner is a great investment b/c they now know they don't have to throw all the bagged salad in the garbage after just a few days from opening it. Teach them how to clean and store it correctly... it will last several weeks!

You can enjoy less cheese with MORE flavor by using the RG and grating from a block of cheese!

Save money by buying beef in bulk and save your arm by using the Mix 'N Chop and 12" Skillet to brown it all at once!

How are the tools going to save them $$$$$ and TIME???

If you buy the round stone w/ handles AND pizza dough/toppings from trader joe's, you'll spend less than if you go to just about any pizza place for your family ONCE!!! Then you have the stone forever, making pizzas really cheaply, and not taking the drive to the pizza place to do it!

Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Adding on to your salad spinner tip. Once you have spun out those greens, store them in one of our Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls. The bowl gets colder than the fridge and the greens will keep well over a week.

My MIL just talked about a great tip tonight. She read that if you separate your bananas after you bring them home they will last longer.

Instead of buying pre-grated cheese get a huge block and use the UM to grate it all. Put one bag in the fridge to use that week then break the rest into weekly portions, sprinkle in a little flour, shake and freeze (be sure to press out all the air and use a freezer bag). You can set your kitchen up with cheese for a month on half the cost.

Hi, I just signed up last night to be a consultant and am very excited. I think your idea is great to share with customers and each other.
My tip.. and I think it will work with storage bowls from PC.
I use a salad spinner to clean the salad. I then place the clean salad back into the spinner and store it in there. Mean while I use another bowl to store the "wetter" stuff; tomatoes, olives...etc. The lettuce lasts a week in the refrige if you don't eat it all by then.

Congratulations on your new business! The Food Chopper makes it easier to chop your own veggies--much cheaper than buying already chopped. Yet, it's quick and easy to use and to clean, since you can pop it right in the dishwasher.

A tip I learned at Leadership:Buy the biggest chicken and you get more meat. Rather than spend the least amount, spend more and realize all chickens grow to approximately the same skeletal size - anything bigger, is meat on the bird and value in your kitchen!A restaurant owner who cooked many many turkeys for the town he lived in said, always buy a turkey at least 12 lbs or over. Anything over 12 lbs is meat.

Great tip! I like it!

susanr613 said:
Adding on to your salad spinner tip. Once you have spun out those greens, store them in one of our Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls. The bowl gets colder than the fridge and the greens will keep well over a week.

Wow! That is a great tip! Thanks Susan!

Bring left over french fries home. Heat them up in a saute pan and they are again firm (keep mixing them)! No oil necessary (as there is still enough!) Or put them in the oven in a stone piece.

gailz2 said:
Bring left over french fries home. Heat them up in a saute pan and they are again firm (keep mixing them)! No oil necessary (as there is still enough!) Or put them in the oven in a stone piece.

Leftover French fries? What are those? You mean it's not a requirement to eat each and every one? Huh. Who knew? :confused:

I think just in general if you have tools that make cooking easier and are easy to clean up, you cook at home more, which is cheaper. My 12" Family Skillet is the BEST piece of cookware b/c I use THAT everyday. You do NOT need to buy a whole set of cookware. Just the pieces that you'll use most often. Since we so rarely make commission on a whole cookware set, it doesn't even hurt our pocket! I think people appreciate when we help them spend less or show ways tools can be multi-taskers.

Crystal Patton said:
Instead of buying pre-grated cheese get a huge block and use the UM to grate it all. Put one bag in the fridge to use that week then break the rest into weekly portions, sprinkle in a little flour, shake and freeze (be sure to press out all the air and use a freezer bag). You can set your kitchen up with cheese for a month on half the cost.

What is the flour for? :confused:

:cry: Onion Tips :cry:

You know how the fridge/container ALWAYS smells rancid when you store the unused portion of an onion? Well, if you leave the root end intact, it won't smell and it will stay fresh longer!

If you cut an onion in half with the outter peel still on and place it in the Food Chopper, when you're finished chopping simply pull out the peel. It will save a step!

!!!NO MORE TEARS!!! If you have problems with onions stinging your eyes, cut the onion in half and place cut side down in cold water for a few minutes. Or place whole onion in the fridge for 15 minutes before using

ThePampered1 said:
What is the flour for? :confused:

The flour is a substitute for the cellulose that manufacturer's add to keep the cheese from sticking together (clumping).

scottcooks said:
A tip I learned at Leadership:

Buy the biggest chicken and you get more meat. Rather than spend the least amount, spend more and realize all chickens grow to approximately the same skeletal size - anything bigger, is meat on the bird and value in your kitchen!

A restaurant owner who cooked many many turkeys for the town he lived in said, always buy a turkey at least 12 lbs or over. Anything over 12 lbs is meat.

awesome to know!!

To make produce last...

If you need smaller amounts, treat fruits and plant vegetables like flowers - use the end farthest from the stem first. The part closest to the stem will last 4-5 times longer than the end away from the stem.

If you need smaller amounts of root vegetables, leave the part you don't need intact with its skin on. Cut the potato/carrot/turnip/parsnip first, return the other part to your cold storage. Then peel what you are using. The unpeeled root will last 3-4 days until you need it.

If your lettuce/bag salad is limp, place a clean thick slice of potato in a large [gallon size] plastic bag with the lettuce and hydrate with 1/4 cup of water. Shake so the water coats all lettuce and refrigerate 4-6 hours. Your lettuce will bounce back good as new. (the starch from the potato helps revive the cells of the lettuce leaves)

Bread going moldy in summer? Place new bagged loaf in refrigerator - remove what you need and return the loaf there. It will last up to a month. (Careful not to leave it against the fridge wall or an edge of it could freeze)

You can buy bulk milk at Costco/WalMart/Sams Club and freeze it. Defrost a frozen gallon for 2 days in the fridge. Shake well before opening the first time.

twinkie10 said:
The flour is a substitute for the cellulose that manufacturer's add to keep the cheese from sticking together (clumping).

Thank you for answering, I've been really busy.

Plus I had no idea how it worked, only that it did.:D

This is actually a health and money saving tip:

When buying bleu cheese or feta, freeze it---then when you are ready to use it, grate it with our microplane adjustable grater. It goes much further and you still get the flavor! :)

What are some time-saving tips for meal prep?

1. Meal plan for the week ahead: Take some time to plan out your meals for the week so you can save time and avoid last-minute trips to the grocery store.

2. Use kitchen tools and gadgets: Invest in tools like a food processor, spiralizer, or slow cooker to help cut down on prep time.

3. Prep ingredients in advance: Chop vegetables, marinate meat, or cook grains in advance to save time when making meals.

4. Utilize leftovers: Don't let leftovers go to waste. Use them to create new meals or freeze for later use.

5. Clean as you go: While cooking, try to clean up as you go to avoid a big mess at the end and save time on clean-up.

How can I save money on groceries?

1. Make a grocery list: Plan out your meals and make a list before heading to the store to avoid buying unnecessary items.

2. Buy in bulk: Stock up on non-perishable items or items you use frequently to save money in the long run.

3. Shop sales and use coupons: Keep an eye out for sales and use coupons to save money on your groceries.

4. Buy seasonal produce: Seasonal produce is often cheaper and fresher than out-of-season options.

5. Cook at home: Eating out can be expensive, so try cooking meals at home to save money.

How can I save time and money when entertaining?

1. Plan a potluck: Ask guests to bring a dish to share to save time and money on food.

2. Use disposable or reusable plates and utensils: This can save time on clean-up and also save money on buying paper products.

3. Serve buffet-style: This allows guests to serve themselves and saves time on plating and serving individual dishes.

4. DIY decorations: Get creative and make your own decorations using items you already have at home.

5. Choose simple recipes: Stick to easy and budget-friendly recipes to save time and money on ingredients.

What are some time-saving tips for cleaning?

1. Create a cleaning schedule: Set aside specific days and times for cleaning tasks to avoid feeling overwhelmed.

2. Use multi-purpose cleaners: Instead of using different cleaners for every surface, use one cleaner that can be used on multiple surfaces.

3. Delegate tasks: Split up cleaning tasks among family members or roommates to save time.

4. Keep cleaning supplies organized: This will save time when you need to quickly find a specific cleaning product.

5. Don't wait until things get too dirty: Try to do smaller cleaning tasks throughout the week to avoid spending hours on deep cleaning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcsmilez
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Kelly8
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies