• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Let's Brainstorm Tips for Saving Money to Share at Shows

In summary, the expert shares tips on cooking at home, using PC products, and saving money on groceries. They suggest using PC products such as the juicer, bread cube maker, Twix-It clips, and oven window. They also suggest using coupons, storing food correctly, and using the oven to save energy.
jcsmilez
Gold Member
I know the economy is on everyone's mind. It has been something on my heart for some time, and subsequently I have been attempting to research recipes and tips for saving money in the kitchen. Unfortunately, other than the great power cooking ideas and recipes that I've gotten through Pampered Chef, I haven't had much luck (I know many that are dealing with less than a $1 per serving budget).The desire to share such tips at my shows has reworked its way to the forefront of my mind after reading the articles in the June CN. Any ideas out there?What do you do to personally save time and money on eating and other home related expenses?What sort of tips do you share at your shows?

Last edited:
Start off with some thoughts...

At home I...

Power cooking of course
Once a Month Cooking -- casseroles, sauces, burritos, etc. that I freeze (I cruise through the frozen section - anything they can make, we can make more healthy and delicious!)
I'm attempting to make more homemade versions of cleaning supplies - more economical and less hazardous to your health

At my shows...

Still a blank... :(

I think showing them how our tools can save them money helps. One example:

Take a lemon:

With the peel: Use the lemon zester scorer and the microplane.

They can freeze some of the peel scored for summer drinks (non alcoholic and alcoholic)

The zest can be measured and frozen for cooking as well as some of the peel finely grated using the microplane.

Using the juicer, they can then juice the lemon juice. Put it in ice cube containers to add to water or iced tea.

I haven't really thought it through, but that one example comes to mind.

When I make sauces or something of that sort, I usually make a double (or triple now that I have the 12 qt. stock pot!) & freeze what we don't eat in meal sized portions.

I buy chicken in bulk & sort into serving sizes before freezing.

When I'm going to Sam's, etc, I go with someone else & we split the fresh fruits & veggies (Sam's usually has better than the stores around me, but I can't use 6 lbs. of grapes before they go bad!!).

That's all that I can think of right now.

I would promote the versatility of our products - you get 2+ uses out of one product always makes sense!

PC promotes cooking at home - so people will spend time with their families while saving money by eating at home (instead of eating out at restaurant or for fast food)

Here is a list I've had on my website for the last year...not that anyone had noticed. ;)Money Saving Kitchen Tips
·Place a slice of bread in hardened brown sugar to soften.·Cut a roll of clear plastic wrap in half to use for individually wrapping brownies, cookies and other small items. You end up with two narrow rolls of the perfect size wrap.·Bread stale? Don't toss it out, cut it into cubes or process into crumbs; place in a freezer bag and freeze for later use in recipes.·Save money by using low-salt beef, chicken and vegetable bases, available in any supermarket, to make the broth called for in recipes instead of using canned broth.·Store shelled nuts in the freezer to retain their freshness.·Use Twix-It clips to seal bags of chips, packets of crackers, and cereal-box liners (available here from Pampered Chef).·Bread will stay fresher longer at room temperature or frozen. It is best not to store bread in the refrigerator.·Honey is best stored in a dry place because it tends to absorb moisture and become granulated.·Every time the door of the oven is opened, the oven temperature drops 25 to 30 degrees. Use the oven window to conserve energy.·You'll get more pop out of your popcorn if you store it in the freezer and pop while still frozen.·To soften brown sugar, place in a microcooker (from Pampered Chef), add a slice of soft white bread or an apple wedge, cover tight and microwave at 100% power for 30 seconds. Discard the bread or apple and stir.·Cottage cheese, sour cream and yogurt will stay fresh longer if the cartons are stored upside down. Just make sure the lids don't leak!·Recycle the plastic containers you get at the deli or salad bar. They're great for storing leftovers or freezing small portions.·To re-crisp stale crackers, spread them on a baking sheet and bake in a 300*F (150*C) oven for 5 minutes. Cool completely and seal in an airtight container or plastic bag.·...and of course, cut and USE your coupons - the I-slice works great for that.

I am going to be talking about how PC products can help save them money all winter long.

Shred and freeze zucchini and summer squash to put into receipes, I like to put it into my spag. sauce, or layers when making lazagna.

Use the Ultimate madoline to shredd cabbage and freeze or freeze in chunks. If you like steamed cabbage you can steam this up when you are ready. and saves a lot of money when vegtable prices are so much higher in the winter months.

You can freeze peppers, chop them with the food chopper and place them into ice cube trays with a little water and freeze. When frozen remove and store in ziploc freezer bags to use during the winter.

I also cut up and freeze peppers and onions together for sausage.

You can make stuffed peppers and freeze them.

You can use the salad spinner to clean fresh grapes, place them in a ziploc bags and freeze then in single layers. They are great for the kids as a frozen treat, great into drinks.

chop or mince garlic and freeze in ice cube trays again and then into a ziploc bag.

Other spices such as basil, chives,

At Colleen's meeting a couple of weeks ago, we did a simple exercise to illustrate how expensive eating out is. We each told how many of us there were at home, how often we eat out per week, and how much we typically spend each time we go out. Multiply the amount by the number of times per week, then multiply that by 4 to get a monthly total. Sometimes people don't realize how much they actually spend to eat out.And once you have a monthly number, you can show how fast they'll pay off a large ticket item (like a 12" skillet) which will make it easier to eat at home and skip eating out.

chefann said:
At Colleen's meeting a couple of weeks ago, we did a simple exercise to illustrate how expensive eating out is. We each told how many of us there were at home, how often we eat out per week, and how much we typically spend each time we go out. Multiply the amount by the number of times per week, then multiply that by 4 to get a monthly total. Sometimes people don't realize how much they actually spend to eat out.

And once you have a monthly number, you can show how fast they'll pay off a large ticket item (like a 12" skillet) which will make it easier to eat at home and skip eating out.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this idea! Thanks Ann & Colleen!

Love all these ideas!

Only one that comes immediately to mind is to know when to buy generic and when to buy name brand. Pasta, for instance ... doesn't make a bit of difference. I'll happily buy it at Aldi's. Same goes for cake mix and eggs. Produce is a different matter ... I want the freshest possible, and am willing to spend a bit more to get it.

These are great! Anyone else have some thoughts to share?

Buy in bulk...
Buy Chicken & slice & pound it with the meat tenderizer yourself.
Buy cheaper cuts of meat & use the tenderizer on them.
Buy grapes, wash them all & put in a bowl in the freezer, they will last almost forever & also a GREAT diet tip...;) (thanks WW)
Use meats for more than 1 meal...ie...
Pot Roast, then whats left over pull apart add some seasoning & you can have hot open sandwiches.
Make Meat Loaf, then chop up whats left mix some seasonings,some peas & or corn, some tomato sauce. Put in a baker put mashed potaoes over the top & bake, you'll have Shepards Pie!
I could go on & on, but I've got to get back to work....HTH:chef:

Ginger428 said:
Buy in bulk...
Buy grapes, wash them all & put in a bowl in the freezer, they will last almost forever & also a GREAT diet tip...;) (thanks WW)
Pot Roast, then whats left over pull apart add some seasoning & you can have hot open sandwiches.Make Meat Loaf, then chop up whats left mix some seasonings,some peas & or corn, some tomato sauce. Put in a baker put mashed potaoes over the top & bake, you'll have Shepards Pie!

Thanks! now I know what we are having for dinner!

Ginger428 said:
Buy in bulk...
Pot Roast, then whats left over pull apart add some seasoning & you can have hot open sandwiches.
Make Meat Loaf, then chop up whats left mix some seasonings,some peas & or corn, some tomato sauce. Put in a baker put mashed potaoes over the top & bake, you'll have Shepards Pie!

Anytime! I cooked in a restaurant for quite a few years & the owner never wanted to throw anything out. I'll try & think of some other ones...;)

legacypc46 said:
I use the twix-its to close my brown sugar and have never had it harden on me.
Me either but there is SOMEONE out there who has to soften it because they just finally bought Twix-Its. ;)

Just browsing through the catalog for more "inspirations" Also, look at the Product Information Guide on CC. They have many tips for each product.

The page with the Trifle Bowl has beautiful pictures that give guests 7 different ideas along with a free recipe. This product has so many uses!

The Salad Berry Spinner will dry your lettuce and greens out so less salad dressing is required. Also, to save calories, use one of the pinch bowls for salad dressing to dip your lettuce into. If you have leftover dressing, simply pop the lid on and use for the next time you need salad dressing.

The kitchen spritzer saves from buying PAM or other types of aerosal sprays (and it is better for the environment)

There are many savings of time and saving of food from using the prep bowls.
Especially seeing your leftovers before they become science experiments. Pre cutting vegetables to be used in preparing dinner faster during the week.
Having a healthy snack available for the kids (that they can see).

Ofcourse, use that I-slice for getting coupons out of the paper.

Never throw away leftovers. I save every bit of chicken, pork, steak, vegetable and potato (either mashed, baked, roasted) pop it all in a freezer bag along with a chopped onion, celery stalk, and a few carrots. Once the bag is pretty full I pull it out and make a pot pie out of it. I also take my chicken carcas and make my own chicken stock so I don't have to buy it. I store it in my 1 cup prep bowls for future use.

This may not have anything to do with food or Pampered Chef, but I found this to be extremely helpful.Just enter your zip code in the site below, and it tells you which gas stations have the cheapest prices (and the highest) on gas in your zip code area. It's updated every evening. Just click on the link. You will see a map of your area and then scroll down and you will get a listing of gas prices in your area with addresses and brands starting with the cheapest and going up.Click Here <http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx>

encourage your hosts to use her own silverware, glasses and plates instead of disposable it will save her some $$ when hosting a show

This is on a small scale but I do a "Life Savers" game at some of my shows. I get individually wrapped Life Savers (usually the Wal-Mart knock offs) and put them in a basket. I tell the guest that it's time to share all of their "Life Saving" tips. These can be penny pinching tips, cleaning tips, cooking tips or time saving tips. I make sure to tell them that I love the ones that take an ordinary household item and gives it a new or recycled use!
Then I set the timer for 5 minutes or so (it depends on the amount of guests) the basket is passed to whomever speaks up first and then is passed to the next guest with a tip...it doesn't go in any kind of order. The guest with the most candies when the timer goes off gets a door prize.
This is really good for a Bridal Shower! I haven't done one yet but will be doing one in a few months. I plan to take all of the tips that are given and put them togther in a book that will be passed among guests to give the bride some "words to live by". I thought it would be a neat and helpful gift!

Here are some of the tips that I have learned from guests or have found on my own. I always like to give them a few tips so they know exactly what kind of thing we are looking for!

For really tough laundry stains put about a cup of coke, pepsi, sprite, whatever you drink, in the washer along with your soap. This is what I do with "flat" soft drinks!

Cottage Cheese will last at least a week longer when stored up-side-down.

Eggs will last for weeks if you will rub them with a small amount of vegetable oil when you first pruchase them.

To remove food odors from your fridge, place a small cup of used coffee grounds on a couple of shelves.

Always keep a plastic bag handy when you have both hands in dishes preparing a meal. This way it is easy for you to answer the phone!

When making meatloaf, you can use a grated potato to make the meat go farther. And with all Meatloafs, wait about 10 minutes to cut it and it won't fall apart.

To keep a chicken moist place a cored apple into the chicken instead of stuffing it.

Always remove the core of lettuce (hit the core against the counter and then twist) before storing it.

Slightly wilted veggies can be revived by placing them in a bowl of ice water in the fridge for 45 minutes.

Always poor boiling water over frozen veggies to revive them.

A scorch can be removed by rubbing raw onion on the area and allowing it to sit for 2-3 hours.

To make your kids scratch and sniff paints just use 1 1/2 Tbsp. (each color) of unsweetened Kool-aid, in whatever colors you like, and warm water. Place about 1/4-1/2 Tbsp of water into your cups(I use baby food jars or pudding cups) and then add one color each. Stir until desolved and Tah Da!!

Pour white vinegar on weeds in sidewalk cracks. Vinegar will also remove most fresh ink stains. 1 Tbsp. can be mixed 1 qt. of water to clean windows. Use Coffee filters instead of paper towles.. they don't produce lint and they are cheaper.

When potato chips go stale place them in the microwave for 45 seconds on high. Allow the chips to stand for about 2 minutes.

Bread that is near the expiration date, or just over it, makes great croutons. Just brush them with butter and seasonings of your choose and bake them at about 325 until they are golden brown. This works well with old hot dog and burger buns as well.

I have a TON of tips but you get the idea!!

Great question and even better responses!!

I promote the Rice Cooker plus for saving money on rice. I used to buy boil in bags, which cost about $4/box and would last maybe 2 dinners. Now I buy a big 10-lb bag of rice for $4, which gets me through almost 2 months of dinners (or more) and my rice comes out perfectly every time.

I also now promote the Microfiber Towels as replacements for Swiffer cloths (especially the dishcloth size). I have two dogs who shed like crazy, so instead of continually buying new Swiffers, I just throw the towels in the laundry. They also can save money on paper towel use as well!

I Like To Take Leftover Steak, Roast Beef, Vegetables Such As Carrots, Onions, Corn, Green Benas, Lima Beans, Tomatoes, Celery, Even Gravy, And Dump Them In A Large Bowl I Keep In The Freezer. Then When It's Time To Make Vegetable Soup I Have A "souper" Start! Nothing Goes To Waste And It Really Makes Delicious Soup On A Cold And Rainy Day!

I love the idea of a bowl or bag in the freezer to dump leftovers in and use as a soup or pot pie!! I never thought of doing that and I always have leftover veggies that never seem to get eaten, no wasting them now! Thanks
The only tip I have right now and it may have been said is do the 30 minute chicken and then take all meat off the bones and use for Chicken Alfredo, Chicken noodle casserole, Chicken pot pie, Chicken and Dumplings...you get the idea. This is a huge time saver to already have cook chicken on hand for your meals. You could strip meat off bones and then freeze it for later use.

Buying 1 lb. of ground beef at our local grocery stores in my area costs about $4 or more per pound. When Power Cooking hit last season, I tried most of the recipes and loved them all, but thought about all of the other things you can make with ground beef. So I started buying 5 lbs. of meat (in bulk, you can get that for about $13-14 for the lean meat) and browning it in my 12" skillet with garlic and onion. I use 1 lb. right away for dinner and then package the other 4 lbs. in freezer bags in 1 lb. packs. That way, if I'm in a hurry to get dinner going, I just take one out, thaw it and throw it in spaghetti sauce, taco mix, whatever we feel like having that night. Not quite as convenient as Power Cooking, where you freeze all the ingredients together, but it saves money and gives you flexibility for whatever recipe you might need it for.

Instead of getting my hamburger at the grocery store, I've started going to my local butcher. They always have lower prices and better meat. When I cook hamburger from the butcher I don't even have to drain the fat! Even less grease than a great 97/3.

The Suds Pump makes soap last 10x longer

It is easy to make your own household cleaners...much cheaper and healthier than the potion aisle at the store. My all-purpose cleaner (safe on ANYTHING):
1c. water
1c. distilled white vinegar

I am going to start making my own laundry and dishwasher detergent....I will let you know how that goes. The laundry (including detergent, bleach alternative and softener) will cost 1 cent per load!

Get_Pampered said:

It is easy to make your own household cleaners...much cheaper and healthier than the potion aisle at the store. My all-purpose cleaner (safe on ANYTHING):
1c. water

I am going to start making my own laundry and dishwasher detergent....I will let you know how that goes. The laundry (including detergent, bleach alternative and softener) will cost 1 cent per load!

I've been using vinegar in place of fabric softener. It works great!:thumbup:

Buy chicken breasts on the bone when they are offered in those big value packs. Put them in a crockpot, cover with water and cook on low overnight. By morning when it's done, I save the broth and freeze it for recipes later. It's so tender and really easy to separate and discard all those nasty bones. Then I shred or chop the chicken and place in freezer bags in 2 cup amounts. Most recipes call for 2 cups so then you just thaw or defrost in the microwave and you are ready to go. You could even season the chicken when it's in the crockpot--lemon herb seasoning or southwestern/taco seasoning.

Use Coffee filters instead of paper towels.. they don't produce lint and they are cheaper.I forgot about that!! That's what we did at the restaurant I worked out!! Thanks for the reminder!

chefann said:
At Colleen's meeting a couple of weeks ago, we did a simple exercise to illustrate how expensive eating out is. We each told how many of us there were at home, how often we eat out per week, and how much we typically spend each time we go out. Multiply the amount by the number of times per week, then multiply that by 4 to get a monthly total. Sometimes people don't realize how much they actually spend to eat out.

And once you have a monthly number, you can show how fast they'll pay off a large ticket item (like a 12" skillet) which will make it easier to eat at home and skip eating out.

I am going to use this idea at my show tomorrow! Thanks!

Get_Pampered said:

1c. water

I'd love to know how you make your laundry and dishwasher detergent.

A day or two after cooking a big turkey, I take it all off the bones and freeze it in zip loc baggies (quart sized), which turns out great to have on hand for many different chicken or turkey dishes.

I know it sounds gross, but run with me on this.

Every night I scrape all our dinner plates clean (with PC scrapers - shocking I know), I put everything into an old cookie dough container and put it in the freezer. Every night I add to it and when it gets full I defrost it and either:
A - Put the whole mess into the DCB, stir it all up and add a ton of cheese, then bake it for 30 min in the oven at 350 degrees - Ta-Da Cookie Dough Casserole.
B - Put the whole mess into my crock pot, stir it all up with water and cook it all day on low - Ta-Da Cookie Dough Soup

I have yet to get a bad meal and it's always different. Some of them I wish I could make again.;)

Disclaimer: If you are a person who can't stand your food to touch, then I am sorry if I have made you ill. I told this great tip to my Best Friend and she was almost sick because she is a "No food shall touch" kind of gal.

Oh and I call it Cookie Dough Casserole/Soup because that is the container I put it all in. :rolleyes:

Crystal Patton said:
I know it sounds gross, but run with me on this.Every night I scrape all our dinner plates clean (with PC scrapers - shocking I know), I put everything into an old cookie dough container and put it in the freezer. Every night I add to it and when it gets full I defrost it and either:
A - Put the whole mess into the DCB, stir it all up and add a ton of cheese, then bake it for 30 min in the oven at 350 degrees - Ta-Da Cookie Dough Casserole.
B - Put the whole mess into my crock pot, stir it all up with water and cook it all day on low - Ta-Da Cookie Dough SoupI have yet to get a bad meal and it's always different. Some of them I wish I could make again.;)Disclaimer: If you are a person who can't stand your food to touch, then I am sorry if I have made you ill. I told this great tip to my Best Friend and she was almost sick because she is a "No food shall touch" kind of gal.Oh and I call it Cookie Dough Casserole/Soup because that is the container I put it all in. :rolleyes:
OMG that is soooooo disgusting! :eek: I am laughing sooo hard! I could hardly speak when reading this aloud to husband - I have tears in my eyes! I am a no-food-shall-touch kind of gal because God put tastebuds in our MOUTHS and not our STOMACHS for a REASON!!!!! My husband says: Dude, people slobber all over the place and she is serving it as leftovers! hahaha I just love you Crystal! (but I won't be coming over for dinner;))

Get_Pampered said:
OMG that is soooooo disgusting! :eek: I am laughing sooo hard! I could hardly speak when reading this aloud to husband - I have tears in my eyes! I am a no-food-shall-touch kind of gal because God put tastebuds in our MOUTHS and not our STOMACHS for a REASON!!!!! My husband says: Dude, people slobber all over the place and she is serving it as leftovers! hahaha I just love you Crystal! (but I won't be coming over for dinner;))

Ahh, I feelin' all warm and fuzzy inside. What do you mean, not coming for dinner? LOL

Hey I put in the disclaimer for people just like you. I wasn't kidding when I said my Best Friend was almost sick, she was acctually clamping her jaw shut so hard it hurt. Maybe I should have put the disclaimer at the top? Hmm

By the way, tell you DH that I will toss in the left-over cat food and a little extra cheese just for him.;)

By the way, tell you DH that I will toss in the left-over cat food and a little extra cheese just for him.

UGH! Okay! That one made me gag! :yuck: Arggh, ech ech Uh blah. :yuck: Thoughts like that and being pregnant simply DO NOT go hand in hand! :yuck: LOL

The extra cheese just might get him - he is from Wisconsin ya' know and they just love their cheese!!

jcsmilez said:
UGH! Okay! That one made me gag! :yuck: Arggh, ech ech Uh blah. :yuck: Thoughts like that and being pregnant simply DO NOT go hand in hand! :yuck: LOL

Sooo sorry hon! I didn't know you were 'in the family way'. I've had three and remember the days my stomach ruled with an iron 'fist'. ;)

Sooo sorry hon! I didn't know you were 'in the family way'. I've had three and remember the days my stomach ruled with an iron 'fist'.
LOL, Crystal, that's okay.

Crystal Patton said:
I know it sounds gross, but run with me on this.

Every night I scrape all our dinner plates clean (with PC scrapers - shocking I know), I put everything into an old cookie dough container and put it in the freezer. Every night I add to it and when it gets full I defrost it and either:
B - Put the whole mess into my crock pot, stir it all up with water and cook it all day on low - Ta-Da Cookie Dough Soup

I have yet to get a bad meal and it's always different. Some of them I wish I could make again.;)

Disclaimer: If you are a person who can't stand your food to touch, then I am sorry if I have made you ill. I told this great tip to my Best Friend and she was almost sick because she is a "No food shall touch" kind of gal.

Oh and I call it Cookie Dough Casserole/Soup because that is the container I put it all in. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, I am not a "no-food-shall-touch"person and this still doesn't work for me... I love caseroles and I use leftovers, but not from people's plates... sorry, just not for us...

ChefPaulaB said:
I'm sorry, I am not a "no-food-shall-touch"person and this still doesn't work for me... I love caseroles and I use leftovers, but not from people's plates... sorry, just not for us...

Umm, yeah - I don't think this is a tip I'd be sharing at shows.

DH and DS are pretty good about eating what I make, but I can't see trying to make them eat table scraps. Usually what we have left over on plates is stuff we didn't want to eat the first time around....really can't see us eating it with the addition of cheese!:D

Sorry guys.:blushing:
This was a tip I got from a friend when my DH and I were really poor. It was a way to avoid ketupe soup the night before pay day. I still do it because I'm thrifty.

OK OK, I'm cheap.:D

A better version of this that first MY DH takes lots of leftovers for lunches at work. He is not a sandwich guy so I try to make enough for an extra serving. It goes in plastic containers and into the freezer.

Then if there are still leftovers I put the veggies and potatoes in seperate zipper bags or containers. Then when I am making a soup stew or casserole I just add my leftovers. It has worked really well!

Also I am working with my family (myself and DH especially) to serve ourself less to start with. You can always go back for more. My DH is notorious for heaping his plate. If he is serving the kids he tends to give them 3 times what they need. My DS is notorious for not eating his dinner because he is picky, so I serve him verry little to start.

Crystal Patton said:
This was a tip I got from a friend when my DH and I were really poor. It was a way to avoid ketupe soup the night before pay day. I still do it because I'm thrifty.

Don't apologize! I am really thrifty, too (I get a big thrill out of saving pennies). So, if this works for you, it will probably work for someone else too and that is GREAT. Besides, I had a really stressful day yesterday and you made me laugh so hard I cried! I love you for that!

Crystal Patton said:

Hey - if it works for you, it works for you!

It would take me about 6 months to come up with enough from our plates to do that anyway. My DS and I both use the Dots salad plate as our dinner plates, and DS uses the regular dinner plate, but I try to only put on DS's plate what he will eat. (and none of his food can touch - I made the Stirfry recipe from the SB a couple nights ago, and had to separate it into individual little piles on his plate.:rolleyes:) DH and I don't usually leave anything on our plates - because we only take what we can eat, and DS may have a bite or two left on his plate, but not enough to warrant sticking it in the freezer.....

I do freeze leftovers though, if I think they won't be eaten in a couple days. I'll often make quesadillas out of leftover veggies, meat and rice, or beans. I pull it out of the freezer, and add some cheese and more veggies.

I scrape our plates and freeze it too... To mix with dog or cat food at the end of the month. It helps their food last longer and we waste nothing except chicken bones!

When a recipe calls for chicken I use turkey breasts instead because I was so discouraged by how much fat I was having to cut off the chicken. When you consider how much fat you cut off chicken you get more bang for your buck buying turkey breasts because there is virtually no fat on turkey breasts (at least that has been my experience).

I used to be a construction worker and adding Coke (not Pepsi) to laundry cuts the grease. Also, I add borax to my laundry and to my dishwasher. I've used borax in my laundry before but about 6 months ago I decided to try it in my dishwasher too and I couldn't believe the results and the sparkle on the glasses.

Also, my mother will put a couple of spoons of fresh ground coffee on top of the old that was in there from the day before and run it through again (I do realize some people can't handle this) but it does save money.

Last edited:
I love all the great ideas. On thoughts on how to organize them to share with guests

lindasewnice said:
Click Here <http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx>

Thank you so much for sharing this site! I was stunned at the price spread for gas in my area (from $1.88 a gallon to $1.99).

<h2>1. What are some easy ways to save money on groceries?</h2><p>One tip for saving money on groceries is to plan your meals for the week and make a grocery list before going to the store. This will help you avoid buying unnecessary items and sticking to a budget. Another tip is to buy in bulk and freeze extra portions for future meals.</p><h2>2. How can I save money on kitchen tools and appliances?</h2><p>Consider investing in high-quality, multi-purpose kitchen tools that can serve multiple functions. This will save you money in the long run compared to buying single-use gadgets. Also, shop for kitchen appliances during sales or discount events to get the best deals.</p><h2>3. What can I do to save money on eating out?</h2><p>Try to limit eating out to special occasions and instead cook at home using budget-friendly recipes. You can also save money by packing your own lunch for work or school instead of buying it. When you do eat out, look for coupons or special deals to save some extra cash.</p><h2>4. How can I save time in the kitchen?</h2><p>Meal prepping is a great way to save time in the kitchen. Set aside a few hours on the weekend to prepare meals for the week, so you can just reheat and eat during busy weekdays. You can also use a slow cooker or pressure cooker to save time on cooking.</p><h2>5. What are some general tips for saving money around the house?</h2><p>To save money on household expenses, try to reduce your energy usage by turning off lights and unplugging electronics when not in use. You can also save on water bills by fixing any leaks and using low-flow showerheads and faucets. Additionally, consider shopping for household items at thrift stores or garage sales instead of buying new.</p>

1. What are some easy ways to save money on groceries?

One tip for saving money on groceries is to plan your meals for the week and make a grocery list before going to the store. This will help you avoid buying unnecessary items and sticking to a budget. Another tip is to buy in bulk and freeze extra portions for future meals.

2. How can I save money on kitchen tools and appliances?

Consider investing in high-quality, multi-purpose kitchen tools that can serve multiple functions. This will save you money in the long run compared to buying single-use gadgets. Also, shop for kitchen appliances during sales or discount events to get the best deals.

3. What can I do to save money on eating out?

Try to limit eating out to special occasions and instead cook at home using budget-friendly recipes. You can also save money by packing your own lunch for work or school instead of buying it. When you do eat out, look for coupons or special deals to save some extra cash.

4. How can I save time in the kitchen?

Meal prepping is a great way to save time in the kitchen. Set aside a few hours on the weekend to prepare meals for the week, so you can just reheat and eat during busy weekdays. You can also use a slow cooker or pressure cooker to save time on cooking.

5. What are some general tips for saving money around the house?

To save money on household expenses, try to reduce your energy usage by turning off lights and unplugging electronics when not in use. You can also save on water bills by fixing any leaks and using low-flow showerheads and faucets. Additionally, consider shopping for household items at thrift stores or garage sales instead of buying new.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• twinkie10
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefliz
  • texasteacher
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
Replies