• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Politics It's Official... Obama Is Our Next President...

negative feelings about Obama because of his politics, but I think we should pray for him anyway.Um, Cathy, I hope you're not serious about leaving.
jcsmilez
Gold Member
It's pretty much official now.. I hope that we can put all the strife behind us and come together, democrat and republican, just to be American and do our best to serve one another in love, under God. God bless all of you!

May we all pray for Obama/Biden as they assume the highest office in our country!

I'm so thankful this day has come. I want to wish you all the best. I'll never be back again. This board has been ruined for me, and I'll never forget it. Goodbye.

We need to 'Bless and Release' at this time. We also need to pray for our new President and Vice President.

pcchefjane said:
May we all pray for Obama/Biden as they assume the highest office in our country!

Already on my list. They have quite the task ahead.
I also pray that Obama will not have to face the struggles JFK did and that his children will be shielded from the media and allowed to grow up as normal kids.

And John McCain is showing what kind of honorable man he is in his speech right now.

I agree Becky!

ChefBeckyD said:
And John McCain is showing what kind of honorable man he is in his speech right now.

I just said that on the other thread! He is a man of honor. I don't agree with him 100%, but he is a stand-up man!

today is a day when the us showed its good side - record voter turnout, patience waiting in line to vote, a celebratory atmosphere, and a feeling that voting is a right to be cherished and exercised. in the end, we took a giant step forward in confirming that anyone, no matter your name, looks, brains, etc, can be elected president.

the election, the results, and mccain's very classy concession speech showed the rest of the world that we can still walk the talk.

cathyskitchen said:
I'm so thankful this day has come. I want to wish you all the best. I'll never be back again. This board has been ruined for me, and I'll never forget it. Goodbye.

Did McCain win and I missed it?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Where do you come up with these things?? You crack me up!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Yes, KG... McCain won- and pigs just flew past my window! ;)

Kitchen Diva said:
Yes, KG... McCain won- and pigs just flew past my window! ;)

Shoot 'em - there is extra meat in those wings. ;)

Now cut out those painkillers Kacey! :p

janetupnorth said:
Shoot 'em - there is extra meat in those wings. ;)

Now cut out those painkillers Kacey! :p

Didn't take one painkiller today. Had some yummy brownie cookies at bible study, but no pain killers! :)

And, I don't have any ammo yet, and I don't want blood on my pitchfork- so I'll just let the pig fly- might make bacon more lean! :)

Stock up on ammo, trust me on this one.

Are you guys kidding? You are now going to become the crazy people that have bunkers in their basements? Or worse yet, the reference to the pitch fork I have been wondering if it is a racist comment.So you go to bible study and listen to teachings of love and faith and speak of hatred on here. I am no expert but what does that make you?Whether you were for or against Obama the fact is he will be our next president. Now go back to your daily life and hope that Bush doesnt destroy the country before anyone else gets a chance to try to fix it.

armywyf said:
Are you guys kidding? You are now going to become the crazy people that have bunkers in their basements? Or worse yet, the reference to the pitch fork I have been wondering if it is a racist comment.

So you go to bible study and listen to teachings of love and faith and speak of hatred on here. I am no expert but what does that make you?

Whether you were for or against Obama the fact is he will be our next president. Now go back to your daily life and hope that Bush doesnt destroy the country before anyone else gets a chance to try to fix it.

You are obviously new around here. Search for other posts by the people you are questioning & you will figure it out.

I'm confused..... Why the negativity???

Um, Cathy, I hope you're not serious about leaving.I think it is time that we follow our Biblical obligation to pray for the next president, and I see people here are doing that. There are also many of us who have supported the next president all along.As the pastor of the church I attended last week said, "It's all about praying for whoever gets in."

Thanks for the heads up... I am not so new but I choose not to read the posts that spew hatred, no matter who their hatred is directed towards. I dont typically speak up but lately things have gotten so extreme on here I find it hard to keep quiet.

armywyf said:
Are you guys kidding? You are now going to become the crazy people that have bunkers in their basements? Or worse yet, the reference to the pitch fork I have been wondering if it is a racist comment.

So you go to bible study and listen to teachings of love and faith and speak of hatred on here. I am no expert but what does that make you?

Whether you were for or against Obama the fact is he will be our next president. Now go back to your daily life and hope that Bush doesnt destroy the country before anyone else gets a chance to try to fix it.

You sorta answered your own question with that question.

LOL!

I'm sorry but this was a funny way to end the evening....I think I need to go to bed.

:D:D:D

I predict that the stock market will take a nosedive tomorrow. Don't bet the farm on it, it's just a prediction.

armywyf said:

WOW...no crazy people here. The pitchfork comment was the farthest thing from "racist". It was a funny reference from another thread. Totally harmless. I heard no word of hatred coming from Kacey. WOW...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I predict that the stock market will take a nosedive tomorrow. Don't bet the farm on it, it's just a prediction.

Isn't that what has happened traditionally when a Dem is elected? I think I read that somewhere.

ChefJWarren said:
I'm confused..... Why the negativity???
I'm with you!

Tonight as I sat in my living room I witnessed a huge moment in history that I will never forget.

I think I am going to sign off for awhile. I'll be back after a period of mourning. Hopefully things will be calmer when I come back! I am so stressed that I'm sure my blood pressure is skyrocketing!

YEAH!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY THAT SOON WE WILL HAVE A NEW PRESIDENT... BARACK OBAMA. INTELLIGENT, HONEST, ARTICULATE! ...and for once....we will have a healthy, loving marital relationship in the White House. A family that we can all aspire to be like.
What a great day for America!

LisaDream said:
YEAH!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY THAT SOON WE WILL HAVE A NEW PRESIDENT... BARACK OBAMA. INTELLIGENT, HONEST, ARTICULATE! ...and for once....we will have a healthy, loving marital relationship in the White House. A family that we can all aspire to be like.
What a great day for America!

i agree =)

There are many Barack supporters who have been hesitant to express their support all along.Believe me, I come from another board where it is much worse. I do not talk about politics there! At least here, we may disagree but we are friends in the end. We have so much in common that transcends politics!So now we can get back to discussing the Scraper Special ...

I love the scrapers!

Everybody say it with me, "A scraper for every pot ..."

I am very very happy for you all! we have been watching your election closely and I think that you are very fortunate to have such a great man running the country!

Congrats from Canada!

:D

Veevahchef said:
I am very very happy for you all! we have been watching your election closely and I think that you are very fortunate to have such a great man running the country!

Congrats from Canada!

Stop thinking. Ha Ha. Can I join you in Canada.

Veevahchef said:

Congrats from Canada!

Thank you!

Veevahchef said:

Congrats from Canada!

Thank you! I have to agree!:D

My prayer is that all Americans can come together and support our new President. We can all express our opionions by contacting our legislators. I thought McCain gave a VERY gracious speech last night (in stark contrast to what Hillary did).

I'm all for looking ahead and making this forum totally about working our PC businesses!

Last edited:
I got enough laughs for today - thank you everyone!!

Di_Can_Cook said:
Everybody say it with me, "A scraper for every pot ..."

Thanks Di, that was great! :D Yep, let's get back to work.

Let's not lash out at each other. I hope everyone on both sides can take a deep sigh, and move forward. Let's not reflect on everything that was said here and harbor resentment, let's try to forgive and forget. It's a new day. We will see the future as it unfolds itself. Let's work together and support each other in our businesses and lend a hand where we can.

I love this site and hope that it can be the uplifting, exciting, impressive, and inspiring site that I found back in May, when I was thinking of signing. I've recommended this site to everyone in my cluster because you guys all have great wisdom and ideas. Let's continue to motivate, encourage, help, and share.

(stepping off box now ;) )

babywings76 said:
Thanks Di, that was great! :D Yep, let's get back to work.

Let's not lash out at each other. I hope everyone on both sides can take a deep sigh, and move forward. Let's not reflect on everything that was said here and harbor resentment, let's try to forgive and forget. It's a new day. We will see the future as it unfolds itself. Let's work together and support each other in our businesses and lend a hand where we can.

I love this site and hope that it can be the uplifting, exciting, impressive, and inspiring site that I found back in May, when I was thinking of signing. I've recommended this site to everyone in my cluster because you guys all have great wisdom and ideas. Let's continue to motivate, encourage, help, and share.

(stepping off box now ;) )
Well said! I agree totally with your statement.

...going back to revise my post on this thread to reflect your suggestions. :chef:

I think it is absolutely fabulous that a black man has won the election to become president. It's about time. HOWEVER....I hope that everyone is happy with their vote when nothing changes.

Well, I am not happy about the win that's for sure. But I will be praying hard b/c I think were going to need it. That's the only thing I can do now to bring about the change I think we need-a change to focus on God's word and His commands for us.

And KG I agree we need to stock on on the ammo.:D

As far as the pitchfork comment, Kacey was not being racist. She's the devil in disguise! HAHA!:eek:

Definitely not happy with the outcome. Our Country is in need of prayers regardless of who is in the White House, but especially now. Let's not forget history and we all know of Lot. God will show mercy even for 1 good man.

I too am not happy with the outcome, but even more disgusted by some of the reactions on here. I locked the "What Scares me Thread". Election is over, time to move on. No need to call people names and attack them.So, I ask the OP to lock this thread too if they know how. We all know the results, we have access to the internet. No need to dwell on the back and forth. Build a bridge and get over it. Time to work harder at your businesses and take care of your families.

janetupnorth said:
I too am not happy with the outcome, but even more disgusted by some of the reactions on here. I locked the "What Scares me Thread". Election is over, time to move on. No need to call people names and attack them.

So, I ask the OP to lock this thread too if they know how. We all know the results, we have access to the internet. No need to dwell on the back and forth. Build a bridge and get over it. Time to work harder at your businesses and take care of your families.

I agree that we all need to move on and come together but in defense of the "other side" what I am reading is a lot of negativity on the McCain side. I'm hearing "the world as we know it is ending" - of course it is but I choose to believe that it's not a bad change. McCain supporters will say I'm drinking coolade. I choose to believe that we now have a respectable president for the first time in 16 years and now have new hope for our country and world. You may not agree and that's okay but you don't need to attack because of it. Give it a chance.

The racist comments were a reaction. Look at history. I don't see why it's such a sin to be sensitive. Comments like getting more guns and ammo just adds to the fire.

I hear the Obama side celebrating but I don't see where you see them being so negative.:confused:

Come on everyone. Get over it. Someone had to win and someone had to lose. Let's get back to work.

BethCooks4U said:
I agree that we all need to move on and come together but in defense of the "other side" what I am reading is a lot of negativity on the McCain side. I'm hearing "the world as we know it is ending" - of course it is but I choose to believe that it's not a bad change. McCain supporters will say I'm drinking coolade. I choose to believe that we now have a respectable president for the first time in 16 years and now have new hope for our country and world. You may not agree and that's okay but you don't need to attack because of it. Give it a chance.

The racist comments were a reaction. Look at history. I don't see why it's such a sin to be sensitive. Comments like getting more guns and ammo just adds to the fire.

I hear the Obama side celebrating but I don't see where you see them being so negative.:confused:

Come on everyone. Get over it. Someone had to win and someone had to lose. Let's get back to work.

Beth - I'll PM you. I don't want to add fuel to the fire and stir up another debate.

BethCooks4U said:

Would you have not expressed your disappointment if McCain had won? I doubt you or any of the Obama supporters would not have had something to say...

chefsteph07 said:
Would you have not expressed your disappointment if McCain had won? I doubt you or any of the Obama supporters would not have had something to say...

No. I think I would have not said anything - except maybe congratulations. I know you all would have been celebrating and why rain on your parade? I see no purpose in dissing the winner.

I'm with you there Beth. We've already heard for months now why you don't support Obama. GET OVER IT!! He IS the New President.

My goodness guys! Knock it off and quit telling people to get over it. That just adds fuel to the fire. The comments above were a direct result of some rude comments last night. Then people came on after those comments were deleted or changed and said, "I don't see where they are being negative." ...and negated the fact that someone was called a racist. I'm sorry, but being called a racist WAS A NEGATIVE PERSONAL ATTACK.I've haven't heard anyone "dissing" Obama today. I've heard, I'm not happy, BUT I will support and pray for him and his family and things like that. People are trying to move on but keep getting told not to say ANYTHING else in any, way, shape or form that can be construed as negative.Right when I think it's done and we are moving on...the same comments come up again. Are people even reading dates/times on comments and knowing what they were in response to?I already put in a request this a.m. to create a 2008 election sub-category and archive these threads. I hope it happens now.

Chef Kearns said:
I'm with you there Beth. We've already heard for months now why you don't support Obama. GET OVER IT!! He IS the New President.

I just wanted to add...if you paid attention, the "What scares me thread" is locked and ended way before these comments all were made. It is closed and we are "OVER IT".

BTW, Obama is NOT the new President. Bush is still President until January and deserves our respect and not knocking him either or how much you think he screwed up the country. Obama is our President-Elect and in January will take that position and deserves positional authority also.

<h2>1. What does it mean that "it's pretty much official" that Obama is our next president?</h2><p>This means that all the necessary steps and processes have been completed and it has been confirmed that Barack Obama has been elected as the next president of the United States.</p><h2>2. Will all the strife between Democrats and Republicans end now that the election is over?</h2><p>While the election being over may ease tensions, it is ultimately up to each individual and party to choose to come together and work towards unity and cooperation.</p><h2>3. How can we as Americans serve one another in love under God?</h2><p>We can serve one another by showing compassion, kindness, and respect towards each other, regardless of political beliefs. We can also volunteer and give back to our communities and those in need.</p><h2>4. Is it important to come together as a nation after the election?</h2><p>Yes, it is important for the nation to come together and move forward united for the betterment of our country and its citizens.</p><h2>5. Can we expect any changes or new initiatives under Obama's presidency?</h2><p>As with any new administration, there may be changes and new initiatives that are implemented. We will have to wait and see what policies and plans President Obama puts forth during his term.</p>

Related to It's Official... Obama Is Our Next President...

1. What does it mean that "it's pretty much official" that Obama is our next president?

This means that all the necessary steps and processes have been completed and it has been confirmed that Barack Obama has been elected as the next president of the United States.

2. Will all the strife between Democrats and Republicans end now that the election is over?

While the election being over may ease tensions, it is ultimately up to each individual and party to choose to come together and work towards unity and cooperation.

3. How can we as Americans serve one another in love under God?

We can serve one another by showing compassion, kindness, and respect towards each other, regardless of political beliefs. We can also volunteer and give back to our communities and those in need.

4. Is it important to come together as a nation after the election?

Yes, it is important for the nation to come together and move forward united for the betterment of our country and its citizens.

5. Can we expect any changes or new initiatives under Obama's presidency?

As with any new administration, there may be changes and new initiatives that are implemented. We will have to wait and see what policies and plans President Obama puts forth during his term.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebbieSAChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gingertannery
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva