• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Obama Is Not Pro Life and He Wants Taxpayers to Pay for Abortions

In summary, the article discusses how Obama is not pro life and his campaign is trying to convince people that he is. The article also talks about how Obama wants to allow minors to have abortions without their parents' permission and how FOCA will invalidate any law requiring parental notification.
The Left's Big Blunder

For your reading pleasure
JAE- this should help answer what you PM'd me about the other day...

Kitchen Diva said:
The Left's Big Blunder

For your reading pleasure
JAE- this should help answer what you PM'd me about the other day...

Wow! That was excellent.

Here is another one on polling that I thought was interesting:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20081021/pl_politico/14778

Thank you kitchen diva and chefbeckyd for sharing these...I felt this is what was happening.. more hype than fact (they have never called me to ask my opinion..) this just affirms what I was thinking. Human nature is so odd. LOL I just pray daily this is what is happening.

Hope everyone remembers to pray nightly at the proper time (8:00 p.m. for me) I really think we need God's intervention!!

Thanks for the prayer reminder, Ginger!

They are calling the election early so that people will not go out and vote for McCain. If they think that Obama has already won, why bother going out to vote. They do it every year, except this year they've been doing it for 6 weeks prior to the election... Sounds rather desperate to me... :) (rememeber I don't have spell check at work for CS)

I think it might backfire.. at least I pray it does.. that thought process makes me mad and want to vote even more.. maybe it will do the same for others LOL Other wise they are saying my vote doesn't count.

gingertannery said:
I think it might backfire.. at least I pray it does.. that thought process makes me mad and want to vote even more.. maybe it will do the same for others LOL Other wise they are saying my vote doesn't count.

I'm with you on the praying it will backfire! Thankfully, God is in control- and I'm praying like mad for our country and leaders! Thanks for all these great links everyone! :)

Becky- have you heard from our friend?

Kitchen Diva said:
I'm with you on the praying it will backfire! Thankfully, God is in control- and I'm praying like mad for our country and leaders! Thanks for all these great links everyone! :)

Becky- have you heard from our friend?

Ummm, I'm not sure...who's our friend?:confused: (sleep is a commodity that has been in short supply these days - I'm not at the top of my game.:eek:)

ChefBeckyD said:
Ummm, I'm not sure...who's our friend?:confused: (sleep is a commodity that has been in short supply these days - I'm not at the top of my game.:eek:)

PM me and I'll tell you. ;)

Great line from Beth Moore, today.

"He (God) does not come to take sides. He comes to take over!"

If we want peace, and I'm not talking about world peace, we have to give Him authority in our own lives.

JAE said:
Great line from Beth Moore, today.

"He (God) does not come to take sides. He comes to take over!"

If we want peace, and I'm not talking about world peace, we have to give Him authority in our own lives.

Oooo, that is a good one!

<h2>1. What is the "Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA)" and how does it affect abortion rights?</h2><p>The "Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA)" is a bill that would establish a federal abortion right, allowing for abortion throughout the entire nine months of pregnancy for any reason. It would also prohibit any level of government from restricting access to abortion services, including funding, services, and information. This would essentially make abortion a national entitlement and invalidate any state or federal policies limiting funding for abortion. </p><h2>2. Why is the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops warning against FOCA?</h2><p>The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops is warning against FOCA because it would not only establish a federal abortion right, but also sweep away hundreds of anti-abortion laws and policies. They believe this would lead to an increase in abortions and go against the Catholic Church's stance on the sanctity of human life. </p><h2>3. How does Obama's support for FOCA contradict his claims of wanting to reduce abortions?</h2><p>Obama's support for FOCA contradicts his claims of wanting to reduce abortions because the bill would essentially make abortion an unlimited right, with no checks or restrictions. This goes against the idea of working towards reducing the number of abortions, as it would make it easier and more accessible for women to obtain them.</p><h2>4. What is the Hyde Amendment and why does Obama want to repeal it?</h2><p>The Hyde Amendment is a federal law that prohibits the use of federal funds for abortion, with a few exceptions (such as in cases of rape, incest, or danger to the mother's life). Obama wants to repeal this amendment, which would allow for federal funding of abortion and potentially lead to an increase in abortions. </p><h2>5. How does FOCA affect parental notification laws for minors seeking abortions?</h2><p>FOCA would invalidate any state laws requiring parental notification for minors seeking abortions. This means that minors would be able to obtain abortions without their parents' knowledge or consent. Obama has consistently voted against legislation that would give parents notification rights in these situations.</p>

1. What is the "Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA)" and how does it affect abortion rights?

The "Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA)" is a bill that would establish a federal abortion right, allowing for abortion throughout the entire nine months of pregnancy for any reason. It would also prohibit any level of government from restricting access to abortion services, including funding, services, and information. This would essentially make abortion a national entitlement and invalidate any state or federal policies limiting funding for abortion.

2. Why is the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops warning against FOCA?

The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops is warning against FOCA because it would not only establish a federal abortion right, but also sweep away hundreds of anti-abortion laws and policies. They believe this would lead to an increase in abortions and go against the Catholic Church's stance on the sanctity of human life.

3. How does Obama's support for FOCA contradict his claims of wanting to reduce abortions?

Obama's support for FOCA contradicts his claims of wanting to reduce abortions because the bill would essentially make abortion an unlimited right, with no checks or restrictions. This goes against the idea of working towards reducing the number of abortions, as it would make it easier and more accessible for women to obtain them.

4. What is the Hyde Amendment and why does Obama want to repeal it?

The Hyde Amendment is a federal law that prohibits the use of federal funds for abortion, with a few exceptions (such as in cases of rape, incest, or danger to the mother's life). Obama wants to repeal this amendment, which would allow for federal funding of abortion and potentially lead to an increase in abortions.

5. How does FOCA affect parental notification laws for minors seeking abortions?

FOCA would invalidate any state laws requiring parental notification for minors seeking abortions. This means that minors would be able to obtain abortions without their parents' knowledge or consent. Obama has consistently voted against legislation that would give parents notification rights in these situations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • susanr613
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
fikibiff
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat