• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Voluntary Evacuaton of Military Dependents Here in Japan

In summary, the President of the United States authorized a voluntary departure of dependents from Japan today. Air Force cargo passenger planes will land on Atsugi, Narita, and Yokota over the next 24 hours, and civilian airliners will be brought in to move the people out. There are plans to take the people to a shelter in Korea, but people who are more stressed are allowed to leave first.
Nope! Trying to catch up on the things I haven't had access to for a VERY long time! I did make a trip home to Texas last May, but otherwise, this is stuff I've not seen or tasted in 4 year & 4 months! Wonder how much weight I'll gain? LOL

Welcome home from one Texan to another! Glad you and your family are safe.

Welcome home - everytime I read this thread I marvel at your strength. God Bless You all. :angel:

The sacrifices you military couples make, was brought home to me, when you wrote that
it was your anniversary. Thank you both, from one of those you all serve to keep FREE,
and safe here in the USA. Honey, I feel like your Grandma, and am so thankful you are
home safe. You are in my prayers, every day, and I do check here, for your progress.
I chuckled when you took your catalogs with you, and booked a party! What an inspiration you are to me.

Glad you are safe. I have been thinking about you.

Happy Anniversary to you. That was super sweet of your hubby to send you flowers and dinner with family! Take care. Will you be with your friends long or are you planning on different living arrangements? Prayers be with you on this journey!

Aw, that's too bad you weren't together for your Anniversary. But how sweet of him to make those arrangements for you! Glad you and the kids are safe over here. :)

Thanks for all you are doing and giving up to support your husband's military career. I am thankful for couples like you that help keep us safe. Happy Anniversary!

I can't say it any better than cookscorner. Thank you, and happy anniversary!

I'm glad that you're safe...it sounds like you are blessed with a wonderful husband and support system!

Thanks guys! I do have a vacant house (no renters right now) in the area, but I'd have to connect utilities, and basically furnish the house for us to live there. My friend already has electricity, water, beds, bedding, kitchen stuff, TV's, cable, washer/dryer, etc. So it's easier to just stay here for a couple of weeks & see what's going to happen. If this looks like a long-term thing, then I'll look at trying to furnish the house & moving us there.Thanks everyone. We do put up with a LOT to follow our military members around the world. We live a very nomadic life ... always on the move. My 24 year old nephew just said goodbye to his wife & 1 month old to do a 1 year tour overseas. :( It's pretty rough sometimes to be so far away especially when it's for extended periods of time. We do hear the thank you's on occasion and we certainly appreciate them! But we also see the military funeral protests which can be very heartbreaking to know that a family is having to say goodbye forever while listening to the protesters voice their freedom of speech that the deceased fought so hard to ensure that the protesters have. Kind of ironic. :(

Thank you for all that you do! My own daughter just joined the Navy in September, and is currently in school over in Maryland. It's been a good thing for her, but she definitely gets a bit homesick....and that's her being single, not having to worry about a spouse and children!
We miss her too, of course, but thankful she's not too far away, only about a 6 hour drive...for now, at least! (Who knows where she will go after graduation? lol I'm trying to prepare myself for it, but I know it's going to have some tough days involved!)
Anyway, I was definitely inspired to see how many Pampered Chef Consultants offered thoughts, prayers, and homes to you. It's great to see how many people, in spite of the protesters, really do appreciate the military and what they have done, are doing, and will continue to do to support the basic freedoms of this great country. And it's really awesome to see how many of those people are also a part of the Pampered Chef "family"!! No wonder we have one of the best companies around...it's made up of some of the best people, after all!
At any rate, please stay safe, and keep us posted on your status, as it unfolds, and on how we can be of help in any way to you and your family!
Blessings!!

Thanks Paula! :D

Sheila said:
Thanks everyone. We do put up with a LOT to follow our military members around the world. We live a very nomadic life ... always on the move. My 24 year old nephew just said goodbye to his wife & 1 month old to do a 1 year tour overseas. :( It's pretty rough sometimes to be so far away especially when it's for extended periods of time. We do hear the thank you's on occasion and we certainly appreciate them! But we also see the military funeral protests which can be very heartbreaking to know that a family is having to say goodbye forever while listening to the protesters voice their freedom of speech that the deceased fought so hard to ensure that the protesters have. Kind of ironic. :(

I whole heartedly agree with you, but being a military spouse myself I am biased.

cookscorner said:
Thanks for all you are doing and giving up to support your husband's military career. I am thankful for couples like you that help keep us safe. Happy Anniversary!

My son (Army--S. Korea) and his wife (Air Force--Iraq) both have served our country. Thank you, Sheila, and your brave husband. We really a:chef:ppreciate it!

<h2>1. What is the reason for the VOLUNTARY departure of dependents from Japan?</h2><p>The President of the US has authorized this measure as a precautionary measure due to the current situation in Japan.</p><h2>2. How will the evacuation process be carried out?</h2><p>Air Force cargo passenger planes will be used to transport women and children first to a temporary destination, possibly Korea, for 1-2 days before transferring them to a final destination that is yet to be determined. Pacific Air Force planes will also be utilized, with a goal of evacuating 10,000 people per day through the three designated sites of Narita, Yokota, and Atsugi. Civilian airliners, such as United and American, may also be used to transport additional individuals.</p><h2>3. What should individuals prepare for before the evacuation?</h2><p>It is advised to pack a suitcase with enough supplies for 3-5 days, including important documents like passports, and any necessary items such as diapers and baby food. Individuals should also plan to be away from Japan for a few days.</p><h2>4. Is this an emergency evacuation?</h2><p>No, this is a precautionary measure and not an emergency evacuation. The goal is to ensure the safety of dependents living in Japan.</p><h2>5. When will the evacuations begin?</h2><p>The evacuations are expected to start within the next 24 hours.</p>

1. What is the reason for the VOLUNTARY departure of dependents from Japan?

The President of the US has authorized this measure as a precautionary measure due to the current situation in Japan.

2. How will the evacuation process be carried out?

Air Force cargo passenger planes will be used to transport women and children first to a temporary destination, possibly Korea, for 1-2 days before transferring them to a final destination that is yet to be determined. Pacific Air Force planes will also be utilized, with a goal of evacuating 10,000 people per day through the three designated sites of Narita, Yokota, and Atsugi. Civilian airliners, such as United and American, may also be used to transport additional individuals.

3. What should individuals prepare for before the evacuation?

It is advised to pack a suitcase with enough supplies for 3-5 days, including important documents like passports, and any necessary items such as diapers and baby food. Individuals should also plan to be away from Japan for a few days.

4. Is this an emergency evacuation?

No, this is a precautionary measure and not an emergency evacuation. The goal is to ensure the safety of dependents living in Japan.

5. When will the evacuations begin?

The evacuations are expected to start within the next 24 hours.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies