• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Ask Customers to Host Book Shows

In summary, the author is coming to you with a cry for help as they have broken their ankle and will be out for four to six weeks. They are asking for your help in holding book shows for them during this time. You can also offer to help them with their PC consultant duties or host a catalog show while they are healing. Spring Launch is a difficult topic for the author as they are not able to attend, but they hope that their clustermates will help out.
otisbg
Gold Member
Good morning my fellow cheffers.
I am coming to you with a cry for help. I slipped in my kitchen yesterday and fractured my ankle. I will be laid up for 4-6 weeks as it is the right ankle so I am unable to drive. I plan to ask my customers to hold book shows for me in the hiatus. Does anyone have any good lines or perhaps ideas so that it doesnt seem like a sympathy plea?
This also means that I cannot attend Spring Launch in Columbus Ohio that I was so looking forward to. My injury could have been much worse but still I am bummed. I am thankful for a very supportive family.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I know that it makes things hard to have something like that happen. I broke my foot when my son was a baby and it was a real challenge getting around, especially since he wasn't mobile yet.

As far as your shows, can't you get someone to drive you? I have had several surgeries lately and sometimes I paid friends with PC product to come to shows with me when I couldn't drive. You could also ask cluster members if any of them are free. It's always great to see someone else's show. At the show you'd need to set up so you can sit but that has worked out fine when I did it.

I realize you need a couple weeks to get past the initial pain but you shouldn't have to not do live shows for the whole time.

When there's a will there's a way.

As far as Spring Launch, why can't you go? Hitch a ride and ask for an extra chair to put your foot up or look into getting a wheelchair for the day.

Linda, I am so sorry to hear about your injury! I hope you mend quickly and with as little pain as possible!

You could send out a mass email to everyone informing them that due to an injury, you will be unable to offer cooking shows. That you want to be sure everyone receives the best possible customer service during this time, and that you do not want anyone to miss out on the fab feb "we love our hosts" specials. You are offering everyone the opportunity for an online show where guests will be able to view the catalog, shop and order online.

Then call and follow up with anyone who indicated (before and from the email) interested in a show. Just let them know that they can host a catalog show in Feb, while you mend and then they can host a cooking show when you're healed in April when the new stuff comes out. Who knows, you may get 2 shows from hosts....making lemonade out of those lemons?

I so appreciate the ideas and will work on a good script. My injury is non-weight bearing and I so admire anyone who can use crutches as I am having a heck of a time. As far as Spring Launch my gut feeling is not to inflict my injury on others but I know that my clustermates would always help. Keep the ideas and support coming - I need the positive vibes.

Why not a symphaty plea? You have a real problem and are asking for real help. I think a few loyal customers are always looking for a reason to get stuff while helping someone. (Think about calling a friend and saying, "my PC consultant can't walk right now and needs my help. Will you help too?")

I agree about the spring launch. It will be a great conversation starter for you to meet more people...

otisbg said:
I so appreciate the ideas and will work on a good script. My injury is non-weight bearing and I so admire anyone who can use crutches as I am having a heck of a time. As far as Spring Launch my gut feeling is not to inflict my injury on others but I know that my clustermates would always help. Keep the ideas and support coming - I need the positive vibes.

I wouldn't worry about inflicting on others!! A clustermate of ours went to conference a few years back in a wheel chair, there was no way she was going to miss it. She had broken both legs and other injuries! Some of her close clustermates were more than happy to help her out!

I had a catalog show going on while I was was on the operating table doing a c-section and a couple more while I was doing a 6 week recovery. I didn't have to do a sales waiver, my customer's got me through my down time. :DYou can always have a friend/hubby go with you to your shows to carry in your stuff & help you set up the table, then do an interactive show where you sit close by & give tips while the guests are making the recipe. :D Or even offer to have the show come to your house so that you don't have to carry the stuff to them!!!Otherwise, don't worry about calling people & asking for catalog shows! ;)I also agree that you shouldn't have to miss Spring Launch! If you have to go to a medical supply place & rent a wheelchair, go for it! :D

As always , you all never let me down. You have offered wonderful ideas and my utmost goal is to keep my business going through this. I will not be able to go to Spring Launch though and HO is refunding my money. It is a 2 hour drive to the meeting and at this early stage of my injury I need to keep the ankle elevated to promote healing. Maybe in a few weeks, I can get help as you suggested with set-up and all. My goal is to get through Feb. as I have 3 shows on the books for March already. I am blessed in that I am able to get Short Term Disability from my full time job. 3 years ago I had total hip replacement and this is nothing like that in that I am totally immobile now. Who would have thought with the brutal Ohio winters that this would happen in my own home.
Keep the good vibes and ideas coming....and bless you all.:angel:

1. How do I ask customers to host book shows?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, it's important to remember that hosting book shows is a key part of our business. One way to ask customers is to simply reach out and ask if they would be interested in hosting a book show. You can also offer incentives, such as free products or discounts, to entice them to host. Be sure to explain the benefits of hosting, such as earning free products and having a fun night with friends.

2. What should I say when asking customers to host book shows?

When asking customers to host book shows, it's important to be genuine and personal. Start by explaining the benefits of hosting, such as earning free products and having a fun night with friends. Then, ask if they would be interested in hosting and offer incentives if they say yes. You can also tailor your pitch to each individual customer, highlighting products that may interest them and how hosting a show can benefit them.

3. How many customers should I ask to host book shows?

There is no set number of customers you should ask to host book shows. It's important to continuously reach out and ask as many customers as possible. Not everyone will say yes, so the more people you ask, the higher chance you have of booking shows. Keep track of who you have asked and follow up with them if they haven't given a definite answer yet.

4. What if a customer declines to host a book show?

It's important to remember that not every customer will be interested in hosting a book show. If a customer declines, thank them for considering and ask if they would be interested in attending a show as a guest. You can also ask if they know anyone who may be interested in hosting a show. It's important to be respectful and understanding of their decision.

5. How can I make hosting a book show more appealing to customers?

There are a few ways to make hosting a book show more appealing to customers. First, offer incentives such as free products or discounts. You can also emphasize the social aspect of hosting, highlighting the opportunity to have a fun night with friends. Additionally, make sure to showcase the products and recipes that will be featured at the show, as this can pique the interest of potential hosts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kjurich
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
tearbear
  • MissChef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • kristanmary