• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating Surgery & 4 Booked Shows - Confused and Need Advice

In summary, the author is trying to figure out what to do because their back has gotten worse and they have 4 shows booked for January. They are thinking about having surgery in December or January, but they may not be able to do it because their husband is away that week. They are also thinking about moving some of the shows up.
Kjurich
Ok some of you may remember I said that I just resigned after taking a year off due to some back problems and having to have my tailbone removed due to a fall. Anyway over the pass few weeks my back has gotten worse and now it looks like I am not going to be able to put off having to have surgery any longer which sucks because I have 4 shows booked for January and now I am trying to figure out what to do. My first one is January 15th and I was thinking maybe if I can squeeze my surgery in litteraly right after Christmas and then maybe move my January 15th show to the 29th that would give me 3 weeks to recover from a spinal fusion which I am thinking may be a far stretch and then just bring my daughter with me to help me out at the shows. :cry::cry: I am so bummed cause I don't want to not do the shows but I also know I need to have the surgery before things get even worse. Help anyone have any advice? :(

You can do this. I had 8 surgeries between fall 2009 and spring 2011, three of them major and I was able to submit at least $1250 each month. I scheduled my surgery and shows to allow me to get the shows in for each month while having the maximum recovery times. One of the surgeries was a total knee replacement and the others were abdominal so while different than back surgery I still couldn't lift or walk...Tell your hosts you'll need help. Bring someone with you to help. Let guests help with the demo. Schedule catalog shows to supplement. It will work! I would definitely do the surgery as soon as you can (I'd even try to get it in before Christmas if at all possible) so you get them most recovery time possible. Good luck!

BethCooks4U said:
You can do this. I had 8 surgeries between fall 2009 and spring 2011, three of them major and I was able to submit at least $1250 each month. I scheduled my surgery and shows to allow me to get the shows in for each month while having the maximum recovery times. One of the surgeries was a total knee replacement and the others were abdominal so while different than back surgery I still couldn't lift or walk...

Tell your hosts you'll need help. Bring someone with you to help. Let guests help with the demo. Schedule catalog shows to supplement. It will work! I would definitely do the surgery as soon as you can (I'd even try to get it in before Christmas if at all possible) so you get them most recovery time possible.

Good luck!

Thanks for the words of confidence. . . .

I totally agree! Let your host know how much you are looking forward to her show and helping her get all the things she wants and needs for free and having tons of fun with her friends. Then let her know your situation, that you can totally do it but you'll need her help. Take a helper, have your host or her hubby carry your bags in and out, get the guests to do EVERYTHING! Let them know if they want to eat, they'll have to make the food! I'd also plan for something super easy with minimal products, perhaps salsa and chips. You never know whom you will influence to consider joining your team - perhaps someone with similar back problems who thinks "I could never carry all those tools!" And, I'm sure you'll get sympathy purchases;)

Go for it! Don't be shy about asking for help, then ask everyone to join your team and book a show!

Totally different but when I had shoulder surgery this summer, I took my husband, and also sometimes a "favorite customer/host" someone who I thought would be good at this... The one girl signed in October. I had given her a product I had in stock and she was thrilled. I was unable to use my arm for 3 months and it helped with getting people to try the products at shows instead of sitting there.. Use it to your advantage.. DON'T QUIT

OK so I just got off the phone with the doctors office and well. . . .there blows that plan of trying to have it done right after Christmas cause he is away that week so I have an apointment to see him on January 5th so maybe another thing I could do is try to move all my shows up. . . . the only problem with that is they all wanted the end of the month so they had time to recove from the holidays. . . . however maybe I will try to change thier mind with the host bonus and see what I can do. I wont quit but I just wanted to try to keep my strong January going . . . :cry::confused:

Kjurich said:
OK so I just got off the phone with the doctors office and well. . . .there blows that plan of trying to have it done right after Christmas cause he is away that week so I have an apointment to see him on January 5th so maybe another thing I could do is try to move all my shows up. . . . the only problem with that is they all wanted the end of the month so they had time to recove from the holidays. . . . however maybe I will try to change thier mind with the host bonus and see what I can do. I wont quit but I just wanted to try to keep my strong January going . . . :cry::confused:

Another option is to get them to change to catalog shows and book them in March for cooking shows - point out that they get the hot bonuses in January (stress the $500 show extra $100 free bonus) AND get 2 of the 60% off choices in March - and a new catalog.

Good luck!

BethCooks4U said:
Another option is to get them to change to catalog shows and book them in March for cooking shows - point out that they get the hot bonuses in January (stress the $500 show extra $100 free bonus) AND get 2 of the 60% off choices in March - and a new catalog.

Good luck!

I like this idea this may work. . . .Thank you

I had my lower back fussed, the recovery is long but with help you will be able to do shows about week 3-4! You will need someone to lift and carry but other than that you should be fine. I am now 2 yrs post op and I feel like a new person free of pain. Good luck.

ldynred7 said:
I had my lower back fussed, the recovery is long but with help you will be able to do shows about week 3-4! You will need someone to lift and carry but other than that you should be fine. I am now 2 yrs post op and I feel like a new person free of pain. Good luck.

:angel: Ahhh you give me hope! Thank you all so much for your words of confidence and wisdom! This is why I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!:sing:

If you call them, I bet they would understand and maybe willing to move their shows up to help you out.There was a sister consultant in our team who had scheduled several shows leading up to the birth of her son. Her son was born three weeks early and she had all these shows book. She rescheduled the one that was scheduled while she was in the hospital and with help from her husband and her host (and a chair during the show!) she held all the rest including the one that was two days after she got out of the hospital. Now I know it's different with back surgery but you have to think outside of the box.

I don't have any advice over what others have offered, but I had my tailbone removed too about 11 years ago from a fall!

I know this is a bit late as you have probably already had your surgery...but a consultant on our team broke her back in an auto accident. She was confined to a wheelchair for a while and used Skype to do her shows. Probably her best month ever.

1. How do I manage my time between surgery and booked shows?

It can be challenging to balance surgery and booked shows, but communication is key. Reach out to your hostesses and let them know about your surgery and any potential changes to the show schedule. You may also consider delegating tasks to team members or rescheduling shows if necessary.

2. What should I do if I am unable to attend a booked show due to surgery?

If you are unable to attend a booked show due to surgery, the first step is to contact your hostess and explain the situation. Offer to reschedule the show or find a replacement consultant to run the show in your absence. You can also provide your hostess with online ordering options and personalized attention after your surgery.

3. Should I inform my customers about my surgery?

It is up to your personal preference whether or not you want to inform your customers about your surgery. However, it may be beneficial to let them know in case there are any changes to their orders or show schedule. You can also use this as an opportunity to share any special offers or promotions you may have during your recovery period.

4. How can I stay organized and on top of my business while recovering from surgery?

One way to stay organized and on top of your business while recovering from surgery is to utilize technology such as scheduling apps or online ordering systems. You can also delegate tasks to team members and plan ahead by scheduling social media posts or creating pre-written email templates for customer communication.

5. What tips do you have for staying motivated and positive during recovery?

Recovering from surgery can be physically and emotionally draining, but it's important to stay positive and motivated. Surround yourself with a supportive team and lean on them for help when needed. Set small achievable goals for yourself and celebrate your progress. Remember to take breaks and prioritize self-care during your recovery period.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
sfdavis918
  • AmaraJ
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg