• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating an Experienced Consultant in a Show: Advice Needed

In summary, the conversation discusses the concern of having a more experienced consultant attending a show as a guest. The host is worried that the consultant's presence may affect the success of the show as other guests may feel obligated to be loyal to her and not buy from the host. The conversation also mentions the courtesy among consultants to not attend each other's shows without an invitation. It is believed that the presence of the experienced consultant may still impact sales, even if they do not say anything. Recommendations are welcomed for the situation.
AmaraJ
Has anyone ever done a show where one of the guests is a more experienced consultant?

I am having my second show in about a week and I just realized that the host has invited a circle of people that includes this consultant. I guess I'm not that concerned that she will be there to critique, but rather that it will not be a successful show due to the fact that the rest of the guests will most likely be pretty loyal to her and may not buy or book from me.

Hmmm, when I say that, it sounds pretty trivial, but at this point, I am worried about bookings after I qualify.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be welcomed!

AmaraJ said:
Has anyone ever done a show where one of the guests is a more experienced consultant?

I am having my second show in about a week and I just realized that the host has invited a circle of people that includes this consultant. I guess I'm not that concerned that she will be there to critique, but rather that it will not be a successful show due to the fact that the rest of the guests will most likely be pretty loyal to her and may not buy or book from me.

Hmmm, when I say that, it sounds pretty trivial, but at this point, I am worried about bookings after I qualify.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be welcomed!

Is she in your cluster?

Most consultants out of courtesy for other consultants will not attend unless invited. I got invited to a PC party when I first started and the other consultant was new too. I would have loved to see her party but I can't buy from her anyway so I politely declined due to courtesy for her.

My cluster will only attend fellow consultant's shows if they ask first or are invited to. That's what we have training and cluster meetings for - to do mock shows and learn each other's techniques, not to attend other shows where we can't purchase any and potentially "spy" on another consultant or make them nervous or see what our customers are up to...

I can guarantee even if she says NOTHING all night it may hurt your sales having her there and people thinking the have to be loyal or that she is watching.

As a fellow consultant, I can understand your concern about having a more experienced consultant as a guest at your show. However, I wouldn't worry too much about it affecting the success of your show. In fact, having someone with more experience in the direct sales industry can actually be beneficial for you. They can offer valuable insights and tips that can help improve your own sales and bookings.Instead of viewing this consultant as competition, try to see them as a mentor or resource. You can even use this opportunity to network and potentially collaborate with them in the future. As for the other guests potentially being loyal to this consultant, remember that they are there to support you as the host and to have a good time. Focus on providing a great show and showcasing the products, and the sales and bookings will follow.In terms of post-show bookings, it's important to follow up with all of your guests, including the more experienced consultant. Don't be afraid to ask for their support and to book a show with them in the future. You never know, they may even become a valuable team member or mentor for you. Just stay positive and confident in your abilities, and your show will be a success! Good luck!

1. How can I improve my sales as an experienced consultant in a show?

As an experienced consultant, it's important to continue building relationships with your customers. Offer personalized recommendations based on their needs and preferences, and follow up with them after the show to thank them for their support. You can also offer special incentives or discounts for repeat customers.

2. How can I stand out among other experienced consultants at a show?

Find ways to make your booth visually appealing and interactive. Offer samples or demonstrations of products, and engage with customers by asking them questions and listening to their needs. You can also offer unique products or exclusive deals that are only available at the show.

3. How can I handle competition from other experienced consultants at a show?

Instead of seeing other experienced consultants as competition, try to collaborate with them. You can work together to offer complementary products or services, and refer customers to each other. This can help create a positive and supportive atmosphere at the show.

4. How can I ensure a successful show as an experienced consultant?

Prepare well in advance by setting goals, creating a budget, and promoting the show to your network. On the day of the show, make sure to arrive early, set up your booth neatly, and have all necessary materials and products on hand. Engage with customers and follow up with them after the show to continue building relationships.

5. How can I keep track of sales and customer information at a show as an experienced consultant?

Consider using a customer management system or a spreadsheet to record sales and customer information. You can also offer customers the option to sign up for your email list or connect with you on social media. This will allow you to stay organized and keep in touch with customers even after the show is over.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennis
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Rosechef
  • Kjurich