• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Friend Keeps Booking Through Another Consultant...

In summary, the conversation revolves around a friend who initially agreed to book a PC show with the speaker but ended up booking with another consultant. The speaker is feeling hurt and unsure of how to approach the situation. Other participants offer advice and suggest that the friend may feel a sense of loyalty towards the other consultant. The speaker plans to ask her friend for a booking opportunity in the future.
kdangel518
Gold Member
I'm curious as to what your opinions are on this. I try my darndest not to mix business with friendship, but this is irking me for some reason. More like bumming me out I guess.

I have a friend who earlier in the summer said she was going to book a PC show with me for the fall. She ended up booking with another consultant, someone she had previously booked a party through and had cancelled (the original party was booked prior to me becoming a consultant) I was a little bummed at first because we had talked about setting a date and unexpectedly she went with the other consultant, but I got over it pretty fast- figured maybe she was making up for the other consultant's lost show.

Now she is talking about continuing to book with her- doing a party over the summer. This is what's bothering me the most. She knows I am trying hard to build my biz and I'm surprised and taken back a little that she would take her biz to someone else vs. a friend.

Any advice? TIA!

It's hard dealing with friends sometimes. I've had some who were great and got it and others who felt they could really take advantage. I much prefer to do shows for people out of my circle of friends. I also have more confidence in host coaching and closing the show with other people.

That would bum me out, too. Have you told her your feelings are hurt, and asked her why she booked with someone else?

I can understand your feelings. It could be that she feels a loyalty toward the other consultant. If she's a good friend, ask her. Otherwise, wish her well on her party and move on. It's possible that you'll out-last the other consultant.

that would totally bum me out too. i know myself and i know that after that i would find it hard to be around her. just my personality. i tend to let things bother me longer than most...and yes i admit it i hold grudges lol
i would ask her why she decided to go with someone else, and then tell her you would be totally excited to do her next party, maybe next fall when the new products come out again!

Thanks for all the advice ladies. We fell out of touch a bit towards the end of the summer, so I'm guessing this other consultant happened to call her- timing is everything, so she scooped her up and got the booking.

We are back in touch now, and I am just building up the nerves to ask her, lol. She is going to be attending a party of mine in November, so I will probably offer her a booking then and see how we proceed from there.

Rae- I HIGHLY doubt the other consultant is going anywhere, she's been TPC for a number of years now! ;) I'm actually bummed I didn't make it to her party Saturday- I had a party of my own. I wanted to see her show :)

If the other consultant has been a TPC achiever, maybe your friend thought her sales, and therefore her host benefits, would be higher with that consultant instead of you. Also, if you're relatively new, she might not picture you as the PC Lady in her head. Sure, you were discussing it, but "out of sight, out of mind" as they say. If she's a good friend, maybe you can make a joke about it - and mention that you had really hoped to come to the show to get tips from a seasoned consultant that you could use to make your show better. That will help communicate that you're planning to continue with PC and will be available for future shows.

And, not to play devil's advocate or anything, but maybe your friend just feels a real sense of loyalty to the other consultant. If you look at the situation from that consultant's perspective, then you getting the booking could be interpreted as stealing her customer/past host.

Ann- I get that part of it too, and if that's the way my friend is feeling, loyalty towards this consultant, then I would 100% be ok with that. I guess I just need to put myself out there and say "I'd love the opportunity to do a show for you and your group, I know you had a show with consultant XYZ, and I don't want to steal you away from her, but since you're my friend I would love the opportunity!" And just see what she says.

kdangel518 said:
Ann- I get that part of it too, and if that's the way my friend is feeling, loyalty towards this consultant, then I would 100% be ok with that. I guess I just need to put myself out there and say "I'd love the opportunity to do a show for you and your group, I know you had a show with consultant XYZ, and I don't want to steal you away from her, but since you're my friend I would love the opportunity!" And just see what she says.

That is perfect!

Thanks for the reassurance Beth!!

Things like this bother me. I think I woul have to say, "Barbara, you expressed interest in hosting a show with me, and it seems like you have changed your mind and I am a little concerned. Is there a particular reason, or something I have done? If I have, whether you date a show with me or not, I would like an opportunity to fix it." And see what she says. Loyalty makes sense. There are a number of reasons that could make sense. Perhaps she will book later.

kdangel518 said:
Thanks for the reassurance Beth!!

And, fwiw, I always consider Beth to be the voice of reason!

1. How do I politely tell my friend to stop booking parties through another consultant?

It's important to approach the situation with kindness and understanding. You can try saying something like, "I appreciate your support for my business, and I would love to continue hosting parties for you. However, I am an independent consultant with Pampered Chef, and it would mean a lot to me if you could book your parties through me."

2. What if my friend is getting better deals or discounts through the other consultant?

As an independent consultant, I have the ability to offer personalized deals and discounts for my customers. I would be happy to work with you to find the best options for your budget and needs.

3. My friend keeps booking parties through another consultant without telling me. How do I handle this situation?

Communication is key in any business relationship. I would suggest having an open and honest conversation with your friend. Let them know that you value their support and would appreciate it if they could book their parties through you in the future.

4. How can I make my friend understand that booking through me directly supports my business?

You can explain to your friend that as an independent consultant, each party and sale directly supports your business and helps you reach your goals. By booking parties through you, they are not only supporting a small business, but also receiving high-quality products and services.

5. What can I do to make sure my friend continues to book parties through me?

Building a strong relationship with your friend as a customer is key. Offer exceptional customer service, personalized deals and discounts, and make sure to communicate regularly. You can also consider hosting special events or promotions specifically for your loyal customers to show them your appreciation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sailorsarah
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • flemings99
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • naekelsey