• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's going on with this booking?

In summary, Bill's friend did not return his calls and he is worried that she may not want the party. He recommends calling her again and leaving a message that if she does not call him back by the date specified, he will have to assume she has changed her mind.
Bill Faber
Gold Member
Hi Everyone,
I know I havent posted in awhile. I have been a bit frazzled lately. I have had such a hard time with bookings. I did a fair, got the coordinator of the fair to book a show.....Yeah( my first booking out of my group of friends). She set her date. Did my host call, she was not home and her husband who both the other consultant working the fair with me and I talked to the night of the fair spoke to for like 45 minutes that night acted like he had never spoken to me before. I told him who I was and why I was calling. He proceeded to tell me his wife was not home and I asked when a better time would be to call and he told me 4pm. I thought this a little strange but made a note. Asked him to let her know I had called and made a note to call back a couple of days later.

Called back a couple of days later, tried cell phone her mail box completely full and unable to leave a message. Tried the house again and he answered, heard him tell her in the background who I was and she said tell him I am in a meeting and I will call back. That was on Monday, he took down my information and she has still not called back. The party is on Friday the 30th. She and I have never confirmed the party, discussed how many are coming, what I am making.

This is my first real booking outside of my circle of friends and I am thinking that I should call her one more time and basically just cancel at this time. I have gotten the feeling that she does not want the party. If she has not bothered to return my calls now twice. What do you think?

Bill

Yup. Call back & leave a message that you haven't heard back from her and that if you haven't heard from her by [insert date here] then you'll have to assume that she's changed her mind about hosting a party.I'm sure it's too late for you to book another show, too bad they don't get that they are leaving us unemployed for the night when they do this, huh?!?!

Yes and it is a bit frustrating to say the least. Did not expect that.

Bill

One of the best tips I've gotten is to start host coaching the minute they agree to the date. You're already talking to them, so you can go over some of the most important things right then. One of the most important things for me is to tell them that even though I have a lot of fun, this is my business (I also state during my show that I contribute to the family budget with my business, they don't need to know how little it is some months ;) ), and if they need to cancel, I understand, things happen, but to let me know as soon as possible, so I can re-book the date.

Bill, once you begin booking outside your circle of contacts, this will happen. In hind sight, my experience has been that those who do not return my calls, and don't answer the phone when I called, have changed their minds.

Funny, but it reminded me of my teen years when it was difficult to know if someone who asked for your phone number, really would call. I'd sit by the phone, not wanting to be away from the house, for fear of missing "that call". Now, of course, with cellphones that is so different. People are clueless about how important it is to us.

How about having your own party? I once called neighbors on a Friday, for a Sunday afternoon party. They all showed up. I got two bookings that led to two other bookings. At least give yourself six months to test your commitment.

Do you want her to call you back? If you have her address, you can leave a message saying, "Hi, its Bill from PC. So excited for your show. I've picked up the ingredients for the recipe and got directions to you home off the internet, and I will arrive at 6:30pm. If you need anything in the meantime, call me at ____." If you get the really bad short-term memory husband again, I'd tell him something similar. Or something like, "I just want to go over the recipe for Friday with her."

And, I have NO idea what it is with people I met at fairs. Some have been great: hosted a show, became a consultant, and others: "Where are you calling from?" "Who are you" and my favorite "How did you get my number?" :eek:

What is "Weird Booking"?

"Weird Booking" is a term used by Pampered Chef consultants to refer to party bookings that are outside of the traditional in-home party format.

What are some examples of "Weird Booking"?

Some examples of "Weird Booking" include virtual parties, catalog parties, fundraiser parties, and themed parties.

How can I book a "Weird Booking" party?

You can book a "Weird Booking" party by contacting a Pampered Chef consultant and discussing your preferred party format. They will be able to provide you with options and assist you in planning the party.

Are "Weird Booking" parties as successful as traditional parties?

Yes, "Weird Booking" parties can be just as successful as traditional parties. In fact, they can often reach a larger audience and be more convenient for both the host and the guests.

Do I still earn rewards for hosting a "Weird Booking" party?

Yes, you will still earn the same rewards for hosting a "Weird Booking" party as you would for a traditional party. These rewards can include free and discounted products, as well as exclusive host specials.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RMR1984
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Deb Bixler
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • amy07