• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Book a Direct Sales Show if Another Consultant Didn't Follow Up?

In summary, it is ethical for you to do the show for the potential hostess who was previously booked with another consultant but did not receive a follow-up. The previous consultant did not provide adequate customer service, so it is within bounds for you to act as the new consultant. It is also important to always ask for business, as someone else may end up getting it if you don't. You should go ahead with the show and provide great customer service.
LisaAnn
Silver Member
I had someone call me to ask if I would do a show for them. The potential hostess booked off another show she was at in early May and told the consultant to call her in June. The consultant never called her back and she found out through a friend that I am now selling PC and wants me to do her show. Is this OK for me to do, or should I tell her she should contact the other consultant?:confused:

She called YOU and asked YOU to do the show, right? So, do the show and have fun! That other consultant never followed up, so just be sure you do! I don't like to take business away from another consultant, but if the lady really wants to do the show and she hasn't heard from her, I think its fair. And it doesn't sound to me like the host wants her/him at this point! Let me know how the show goes!

I agree with Anne....unless you're feeling extra guilty you could ask them to call the consultant? But I would probably go ahead with the show. I had a lady awhile back call me to order a stone. I didn't think anything of it; but she was at my show yesterday and was mentioning the reason she had called me was she had tried for 3 months to order it from a lady she worked with...and she wouldn't order it! So then she called me....and ordered about 250 worth yesterday! I guess the other consultant was very part time; this is a small town & I didn't even know she sells! So anyway, it was worth it for me to gain a new customer;) Might be worth it for you too! If someone wants to order or book, they don't want to wait around for someone who puts them off; just give them your great customer service!

The other consultant did not follow through and the potential host called you. It is totally ethical to do that show. The past host can get the monthly host special even though you are a different consultant than the one she had. The benefit goes with the show not the consultant. Just be sure to use the past host number that she got from that show.

Beth... I always wait to see what your thoughts are. You are always fair and know your PC stuff!

AJPratt said:
Beth... I always wait to see what your thoughts are. You are always fair and know your PC stuff!
:eek: Awe... thanks!

Thanks ladies...I really wanted to do the show for her but just didn't want to be doing something underhanded!:)

Since this is a customer based business, and apparently the customer didn't feel 'served', you are perfectly within bounds of professional conduct to go ahead and act as her new consultant. I don't think you are taking business away from the other consultant. The other consultant simply lost that customer due to inadequate customer service. :)

Do u even know for sure that the other consultant is still in the business??!!

Also as they say in recruiting if you don't JUST ASK--the next show they are at the consultant may JUST ASK THEM and they say yes--no one ever asked me before---You snoo:D ze you lose!!!!

I agree! If the first consultant didn't call her back, it's your show.

Absolutely go for it...

So, did you call her back and say that you would do it?

Related to Can I Book a Direct Sales Show if Another Consultant Didn't Follow Up?

1. Can I book a direct sales show if another consultant didn't follow up?

Yes, you can still book a direct sales show even if another consultant did not follow up. It is important to communicate with the host and understand why the previous consultant did not follow up. This will help you tailor your approach and provide a better experience for the host.

2. Will the host be charged twice if they book with me after another consultant didn't follow up?

No, the host will not be charged twice. The commission for the show will go to the consultant who actually holds the show and provides the products and services. If the previous consultant did not follow up, they will not receive any commission.

3. How can I ensure that the host will book with me after another consultant didn't follow up?

It is important to build a good relationship with the host and show them the value and benefits of working with you. Listen to their concerns and offer solutions tailored to their needs. You can also offer incentives or discounts to show your appreciation for their business.

4. Is it ethical to book a show with a host who previously worked with another consultant?

Yes, it is ethical to book a show with a host who previously worked with another consultant. As long as you are honest and transparent with the host and provide value and excellent service, there is nothing unethical about booking a show with a host who worked with another consultant in the past.

5. What should I do if I am the consultant who didn't follow up with the host?

If you are the consultant who did not follow up with the host, it is important to communicate with them and apologize for any inconvenience. You can also offer to provide a discount or incentive for the host to book with you in the future. Learn from the experience and make sure to follow up promptly with future hosts to avoid similar situations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• marystell1
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • flemings99