• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Follow-Up Dilemma: Catalog Request at School Drop-off - What to Do?

In summary, advice? I just dropped my son off at school and had a mom come up to me and ask for a catalog! Yay right? Happens once or twice a week so I got pretty good at asking for info, do you have our stuff, etc, etc. I wrote down her number and said I'd call her in a few days in case she found something she liked. She said "I just ordered somethign from a friend, but didn't get the catalog," and walked away to talk to another mom...I'm confused, so now do I follow up with her or not!? :confused:So all she wanted was your catalog? Her "friend" was a host? Well
KaiKendall
Gold Member
Advice?? I just dropped my son off at school and had a mom come up to me and ask for a catalog! Yay right? Happens once or twice a week so I got pretty good at asking for info, do you have our stuff, etc, etc. I wrote down her number and said I'd call her in a few days in case she found something she liked. She said "I just ordered somethign from a friend, but didn't get the catalog," and walked away to talk to another mom...I'm confused, so now do I follow up with her or not!? :confused:

So all she wanted was your catalog? Her "friend" was a host? Well the good thing is she has your info now.

I wouldn't do anything at all for now except put her on your newsletter list. Check back in a month or two and ask if she needs anything for the holidays or wants to book to get free products. You never know she just may call you first.

I disagree. I would call her. You said you would, so keep your word and do it. Ask her what is on her wish list so you can keep her updated if those items go on sale.

If she gave you her phone number, then I'd give her a call and see what her needs are. If she says she doesn't need anything or whatever, then ask if she wants to get your monthly newsletter.

I would call her right now. If she wants to look at a catalog again then she is interested in our products. If I order something I really don't need or desire from a friend's party then I'm doing them a favor. But, if I order something and wish I had the whole catalog then I'm probably wanting more.

Call and say you wanted to see how she is liking all of her products? Didn't she love all of our 35 new products? Does she cook a lot...or entertain? What kind of cookware does she have right now? Guess what?!...Cookware 60% off!

Just today I set up another Taste Testing event for Thursday 21st at my home. If you set up one then you'll have the perfect reason to call her and anyone else back. It's great customer service that will set you apart from the others!

You told her you'd call, so call and just say that you were following up. Ask if she'd like to be added to your newsletter list. Feel her out to see how she might fit into your business--occasional orders, host, etc.

I agree that if she's asking for a catalog there's more stuff that she's interested in getting. Maybe not this week or this month, but eventually. I'd also follow up. You can even do it in person at school the next time that you see her. Just start a casual conversation. I do a monthly newsletter, so I always ask if they want to be added to the newsletter. I've booked a couple of shows with people who just asked for a catalog, then while filling out a contact form decided to host a cooking/catalog show. Casual conversation can take you to new places! :D

If she's low on funds and has a big wish list, hosting a show could help her get what she wants for free or at a discount ... but becoming a recruit could solve both of her issues!!! :D

call, you have nothing to lose

JUST DO IT and GO FOR NO!!! All she can say is NO and you can check another NO off your list!

pampered1224 said:
JUST DO IT and GO FOR NO!!! All she can say is NO and you can check another NO off your list!

Yay for the enthusiam for NO John!!

1. Do I need to follow up with customers after a Pampered Chef party?

Yes, it is recommended to follow up with customers after a party to thank them for attending, answer any additional questions, and potentially schedule a follow-up order or party.

2. How soon should I follow up after a party?

It is best to follow up within 48 hours after a party to keep the momentum going and ensure your customers' interest is still fresh.

3. What should I include in my follow-up message?

Your follow-up message should include a thank you, a brief recap of the party highlights, any special offers or promotions, and a call to action for booking future parties or placing orders.

4. Should I follow up with customers who did not attend the party?

Yes, it is still important to follow up with customers who did not attend the party. You can offer them a virtual party or send them a catalog and information about your products to keep them engaged.

5. How often should I follow up with customers?

It is recommended to follow up with customers every 2-3 months to stay in touch and remind them of any new products or specials. However, be mindful not to follow up too frequently as it can be seen as pushy or spammy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KaiKendall
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefcharity
  • beepampered