• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Catalog Show Frustrations: What Should I Do?

In summary, if you can get an individual order for $50 from someone else in your list of 100, your show will count as a 'show' and you will be able to receive the benefits listed above.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
a friend of mine, hosted a catalog show ....it was suppose to close 8th ( so i could submit by the 10th...) but she said she was going out of town..and asked if she could wait...hoping she could have her family she was going to visit...look at her catalogs..I said sure..

Only 1 order was placed from that trip...thus bringing her show commisionable sales to $107.

not enough to really qualify as a show..

here is the clincher..

This is my first 30 days..and this was my 4th show....and I have until midnight tomorrow ( 15th) to submit this to count ( or not count in this case) as my 4th show..

what would you do..

I feel as if i called her several times, followed up with her, and couldn't have done more directly to help her show be more successful, but now i'm pretty frustrated...and don't know what I should do -

Have you done more than $1250 in sales in your other three shows? If so, then as frustrating as this is, you are still qualified. I'd work with her to get her orders over $150, but you are still qualified and don't need to sweat it.

However, if you NEED this to qualify, I would call your friend and explain the situation to her... be specific. Don't guilt her into anything, but passionately ask if she can think of anyone else to ask about placing an order because you were counting on this show to qualified.

Regardless of what happens, if you feel that you did the best job you could do of host coaching, you need to "Bless and Release" this one. There are some hosts that no matter what you say or do or promise or threaten (o.k., maybe the last one isn't such a good idea), they will not have enough orders to make a show or to make your efforts worthwhile. Everyone has these hosts and we all just hope they are few and far between! Then after you have Blessed and Released, move on to the FIVE bookings from your first show (I'm reading your siggy line now)!! Go host coach THOSE people to $1K shows!!!

Is it possible that you might be able to get an individual order for $50 from someone else in you list of 100 that you could add the this show remember the discountinued list. Maybe make a few calls to people on your list and tell them this would be the last time they could order these items before they are gone. Or is there something on the discountinued list that you might want.

pamperedcindy said:
Is it possible that you might be able to get an individual order for $50 from someone else in you list of 100 that you could add the this show remember the discountinued list. Maybe make a few calls to people on your list and tell them this would be the last time they could order these items before they are gone. Or is there something on the discountinued list that you might want.
That's what I would suggest too. Definitely let the host know where you stand. It may give her the added incentive, but try and get an order or two just for added reassurance.

well, this is a copy of the email i sent her last night ...

I am going to call her around 10am.... -

--This all just gave me a sinking feeling in my stomach last nigt -

-------------
Hi Jessica,

I'm about to head to bed..Tomorrow will be here fast.
Just wanted to bring you to speed on your show.
The current total in sales for your show is $107 (before taxes and shipping).
In order for your catalog show to count as a 'show', it needs to have $150 in
sales....you are just $43 from that amount...Not that far.
If your show were able to get up to the $150 minimum required for a show, you'd be able
to get the following benefits:

1. You'd receive a free gift for hosting a catalog show in my first 30 days (either the HOT PAD TRIVET ($10.50 value) or 17 oz. Lemon and Rosemary Hand Soap ($12.50 value)

2.You'd receive free a Season's Best Cookbook

3. You'd get FREE shipping

4. You'd be able to get 15% off any remaining balance

5. You'd be able to purchase the host or guest special, if you were interested

I am in no way wanting you to feel pressured, I'm just sharing with you, as a friend, that if you can think of 'any' friends or family that may want to make a purchase helping you with the last $43 needed, but just didn't have a chance yet, it would really help you out on your show..And it would help me out greatly as it would allow this show to help me qualify in my first 30 days. Tomorrow is of course the deadline for my first 30 days. I wouldn't have intentionally cut it this close, which is why I had the original close of your show on the 8th.

They can place an order with me over the phone (I'd be happy to call them, or they can call me) 931-XXX-XXXX. or via the web www.XXXXXXX

I have until midnight tonight (wed, aug 15th) to get your show submitted in order for it to count towards the incentive program that I was trying to qualify for as a new consultant...

Looking forward to talking to you.

I think that sounds great and you get $100 because you would have submitted 4 shows with in 30 days, right? So...even if YOU put in the $43 in on discontinuing products or something that you really need, you'd get $100 to spend from HO. I would call her to check in, but don't push b/c it's not worth it and she KNOWS what was expected and didn't do it. That happens, especially with catalog shows b/c they ARE more work. I'd call a few people on your list and have the retiring product list in hand. Is there anything on there that you love or think someone could use? Good luck! Let us know what happens.

Your best bet is to CALL her ~ not email ~ you'll get better results and faster!

Ginny

I have until midnight tonight (wed, aug 15th) to get your show submitted in order for it to count towards the incentive program that I was trying to qualify for as a new consultant...

Heather,
I understand how you are feeling and I hope you do get ahold of her today. I just wanted to let you know that it is Midnight (Chicago time). I am not sure where TN is on the whole time scale but I don't want you to have submitted your show and not get in on time.

Good Luck!

I agree with the list of 100 to see if you can add any orders to the show. Also if you have filled it out the list of 100 and aren't getting bites, call everyone from your first few shows and see if there was something that they wanted but didn't purchase. Do customer care calls with all of them and possible tell them that you are so close to a goal and if they could help you would really appreciate it.

Maybe there are people on that aren't on the list of 100 yet. Neighbors that you thought you could never talk to - go talk to them.

Did you have a show when you signed up that the consultant got all the sales and you got the bookings? I wonder if since those people were your friends and family, maybe they haven't had their customer care call on the products they ordered becuase she figured they were yours. See if there is anything else they need.

Thanks everyone--

I did speak with her this morning ---Basically she says that she could care less right now about getting any of the host specials/gifts b/c her funds are really tight, but she feels bad about the sales..I told her not to worry about it,and that I just was asking...(as she had mentioned some more 'might' want to order) so I told her to touch base with any of them..and I'd be happy to call anyone who wanted to place an order.

And in the meantime, I called my mom...(who lives 8 hrs away..and i'm doing a show at her home Sept 1)..she is going to buy a cookbook (b/c she wants it at her house for the show...AND she is going to look at the discontinued products..she's calling me back in 2 hrs..

Then..

I sent emails to 25 friends/contacts with the discontinued list ( and offerred a free mini spatula to anyone who placed an order today over $25...Still no bites from that..

My client base is really small..and I feel that I have called on my friends/family a lot lately..( I hosted my own 2 cooking shows...and the other 2 I had this month were catalog shows of friends..This being the last to close..)..

So, yes, I'll get 100 in PCD after I submit this show....

All of the free stuff you will get if you qualify this first thirty days. I would consider placing an order yourself as another guest. There's bound to be something you can use or use for hostess gifts. I usually buy one little item each time I turn in an order. I use it to sell at craft fairs. Buy some knives at 20% off and then you will get another 20% back for commision.
My first recruit is still mad from 18 months ago because he missed qualifying by just a few dollars.

Bobby

Another thing I do to get more customers is to ask a neighbor if they want the host special if that host doesn't want it.

Bobby

smilesarepriceless said:
And in the meantime, I called my mom...(who lives 8 hrs away..and i'm doing a show at her home Sept 1)..she is going to buy a cookbook (b/c she wants it at her house for the show...AND she is going to look at the discontinued products..she's calling me back in 2 hrs

Set up your mom as a co-host and set a booking off of that. This will let your mom (or you) buy 2 of the host specials in September. :D

May you get few orders to make a show out of this.

I totally understand where you're coming from... if you submit this 4th show, you'll get extra PC dollars, since it's in your first 30 days.

I'd call around to family and friends. I actually sent out an SOS email, since I needed $80 to make the $3000 June SAT level, and my brother helped me reach it.

Anyway.... I know the 15th is getting close to an end. Did you make it???

I just submitted the show!

My mother wanted not only a cookbook, but also the lift and serve and the round up trivet.....So, I bought a set of bamboo tongs, and told my mom that I would pay for her direct shipping.And since she already had a past host discount from the 2nd show I did at my house...She ended up saving $14!

So i felt good overall.

When i called the host to tell her, she ended up placing a $15 order, and I now can sleep better..

But I think catalog shows sometimes can be harder than they seem..B/c sometimes the host thinks everyone will just order online, when in fact, they may not...:> So, I'll work more on my host coaching for a catalog show!

Yay on getting the show submitted. It can be hard getting hosts to take the catalog show seriously and understand that they should call people to tell them how excited they are about PC as a follow-up to the show/order online email.

I have learned not to count on catalog shows to be submitted on a time frame. It never happens as planned. I just put them out there and what I get from them is bonus. I had a hard time getting 2 catalog shows to close last month. When I finally got a commitment out of the 2nd one I found out she lost her job the day we were supose to close. I am sure this was the last thing on her mind.

Glad you got the show sent in! I hate doing catalog shows because you never know how much they'll be, when they'll close, etc. So much is out of your control. I've actually stopped doing them unless someone specifically asks for one.

What is "Frustrated! Insight? 0"?

"Frustrated! Insight? 0" is a cookbook from Pampered Chef that offers recipes and tips for creating tasty and healthy meals in a short amount of time. It is designed for busy individuals who want to enjoy home-cooked meals without spending hours in the kitchen.

What makes "Frustrated! Insight? 0" different from other cookbooks?

This cookbook is unique because it focuses on providing quick and easy recipes that are also nutritious and flavorful. It also includes tips and tricks for maximizing efficiency in the kitchen and streamlining meal prep.

Are the recipes in "Frustrated! Insight? 0" suitable for all dietary restrictions?

Yes, the cookbook includes a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary needs, including vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free options. It also offers suggestions for substitutions to accommodate other dietary restrictions.

Do I need special equipment to make the recipes in "Frustrated! Insight? 0"?

No, the recipes in this cookbook can be made using basic kitchen tools and equipment. However, some recipes may suggest using Pampered Chef products, which can be purchased separately.

Can I purchase "Frustrated! Insight? 0" directly from Pampered Chef?

Yes, the cookbook is available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. It can also be found in select retail locations that sell Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaggieChef13
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
MaggieChef13
Replies
Views
Katiek77
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies