• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is the Appropriate Follow up to This?

In summary, the person had to cancel their party due to their mother falling and being taken to the ER. They plan to follow up with the host to reschedule, but also want to be considerate of her current situation. They decide to send a handwritten card and wait a few days before approaching the topic of a new date. Other people in the conversation agree with this idea. The person who asked for the summary hopes it works out for the original person who had to cancel.
kdangel518
Gold Member
I had my host for tonight just call and cancel b/c her mom fell yesterday in adult daycare- they sent her home, and then she fell again today at home. My host is now on her way to the ER with her mom and is not mentally prepared, nor is her home prepared, for a party tonight.

Obviously I completely understand this and told her to please take care, I hope her mom is ok, and get back to me when she's ready to reschedule.

I would like to follow up with her so she doesn't fall off the radar though. I was thinking tonight when I get home to shoot her a quick email as follows, do you think this is a good response or too pushy?

Hi Theresa! I'm so sorry again to hear about your mom, I hope all is ok with her. Below are the dates I currently have available for November- let me know if you'd like me to hold one of them for us to reschedule your party and we can catch up next week to confirm. If you're not ready to pick a date yet that's ok, just get in touch with me when things have settled down a bit. I'll try to check back with you in a week or two! I hope the rest of your weekend is enjoyable and best wishes for a quick recovery for your mom!

When people call to cancel/reschedule, I ALWAYS suggest we pick a new date right away that way when she is calling to let her guests know about the cancellation, she can give them the new date right away.

Well, she was literally in the car on the way to the ER with her mother. I don't think that would have been appropriate for me to suggest or possible for her to do. She sounded incredibly frazzled.

So, this is what I would do... for what it is worth. :)
I would drop a 'thinking of you' card in the mail today with a note saying hope your mom is feeling better. I'll be in touch next week to follow up with you.
I think this is the last thing on her mind today and if she is faced with the email upon returning home she might just automatically think - I don't have time for this.
A written note is so much more personal too.

Good luck!
-c

Charity I agree! That would be a very thoughtful touch!

I agree with Charity and it's a great idea to send a card - so few people do nowadays. Good luck!

I was thinking basically the same thing. For now, just say that you hope that her mother is doing fine and wait 3-5 days before approaching the topic of picking a new date. Having been a live-in care giver for two elderly grandparents and a father who was paralyzed from the neck down I can attest to making multiple last minute ER trips with each of them over the years. I would have been more focused on dealing with the current injury/illness and not mentally in the state to think about setting a new date right then.I can't use the military mail for business purposes, so all of my contact is by phone or e-mail. But I agree that in your position, the hand written letter is an excellent idea! It definitely is more personable and will be appreciated much more. :D

chefcharity said:
So, this is what I would do... for what it is worth. :)
I would drop a 'thinking of you' card in the mail today with a note saying hope your mom is feeling better. I'll be in touch next week to follow up with you.
I think this is the last thing on her mind today and if she is faced with the email upon returning home she might just automatically think - I don't have time for this.
A written note is so much more personal too.

Good luck!
-c

Exactly what I would've done!

Ditto on the sending card thing. Plus, by stating in the card that you'll be in touch next week, she'll be better mentally prepared for your call/email.

nikked said:
Ditto on the sending card thing. Plus, by stating in the card that you'll be in touch next week, she'll be better mentally prepared for your call/email.

I think I am going to do that for all of my reschedules due to medical problems. Thanks for the idea! I hope it works out for you, Kdangel!

Thanks for the suggestions ladies!

so, Kara... what happened?

1. What should I do after hosting a Pampered Chef party?

After hosting a Pampered Chef party, it is appropriate to follow up with your guests within 24-48 hours. This can be done through a simple thank you note or email, as well as checking in to see if they have any questions about the products or ordering process.

2. How should I follow up with customers who have placed an order?

After a customer has placed an order, it is important to follow up with them to confirm their order and provide estimated delivery dates. You can also offer any additional assistance or answer any questions they may have about their order.

3. Is it appropriate to follow up with customers after they have received their order?

Yes, it is appropriate to follow up with customers after they have received their order to ensure their satisfaction with the products and to thank them for their purchase. This is also an opportunity to ask for feedback and encourage them to host their own Pampered Chef party.

4. What is the best way to follow up with potential hosts?

The best way to follow up with potential hosts is to reach out to them within a week after they have expressed interest in hosting a party. This can be done through a phone call or email, and it is important to emphasize the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party, such as free products and discounts.

5. How often should I follow up with customers and potential hosts?

It is recommended to follow up with customers and potential hosts at least once a month to stay in touch and remind them of any upcoming promotions or events. However, it is important to not be too pushy and respect their boundaries if they are not interested in hosting or purchasing at that time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KaiKendall
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • KaiKendall
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • pamperedpals