• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Would You Handle a Booking Conflict with Another Consultant?

In summary, a consultant was at a social event and found out that the hostess had already booked a show with someone else. The consultant felt guilty about possibly taking the show away from the other consultant, but the hostess was open to switching to the consultant she knew. The consultant asked for advice on how to handle the situation and decided to talk to her director before the hostess called.
hoosierchef
I was at my son's Cub Scout meeting tonight and got to talking to the den leaders wife. (We all met at Mr. Gatti's for food & fun.) I mentioned that I sell Pampered Chef and she replied, "Oh you do? I wish I had known that! I just booked a show with another lady." I said, "Really? Who?" As she was trying to recall she said, "Oh well, it doesn't matter. I could just cancel it with her and have it with you. Can I do that?" I was kinda stumped, because I hate to do that to any other fellow consultant. When she saw me kind of hesitate she added, "Well, I don't really know this lady, I met her at a Taste of Home show....." I threw out a few names, and finally hit a jackpot with her. She had booked a show with my Director! :eek:

She went on to say that she was going to have to reschedule anyway, because she hadn't realized at the time that she already had another committment that same day and said she would just have a show with me since we know each other.

I'm kinda at a loss. I really would like to do her show and my director will be earning money from my show anyway, but at the same time I feel guilty. I suggested she call my director and tell her she needed to reschedule and mention that she met me and was interested in doing a show with me to see what my director says.

How would you handle something like this?? I totally didn't try to lure her away from my director. She wants to do the show with me. I don't think my director would care, but I would feel bad anyway. :confused:

I have had it happen the other way to me before (they booked with me, then a friend signs up or mentions they sell PC and they switch to the other person). I think it is okay, and I am sure your director would rather still make a little off you doing the show than a totally different consultant...

Oy - that's a tough one. As a Director...if I were in your Director's shoes and found out that the host knew one of my downline consultants, I would insist she do the show with my downline consultant. But that's just me. I am very big on helping my team build thier businesses. But not all directors work that way - everyone has thier own style...

dannyzmom said:
Oy - that's a tough one. As a Director...if I were in your Director's shoes and found out that the host knew one of my downline consultants, I would insist she do the show with my downline consultant. But that's just me. I am very big on helping my team build thier businesses. But not all directors work that way - everyone has thier own style...

Carolyn You ROCK!!!!:D

I can definitely see my director doing that, too, Carolyn. Tammi, do you feel comfortable enough with your director to ask her about it?

raebates said:
I can definitely see my director doing that, too, Carolyn. Tammi, do you feel comfortable enough with your director to ask her about it?

Yeah.....I LOVE HER!! She was my "Hospitality Director" back in 2000, so when I went to sign back up....I sought HER out. I really don't think she'll have a problem with it. Do you think I should call her before the hostess does??

I would go with Rae and talk to your director about it. Tell her the situation. Hopefully she'll just say "take it" and go and understand that you starting your business well will help her more in the long run.

I had a friend who just booked a show with another new consultant in a totally different cluster. She felt bad about the possibility of cancelling on the new person (even though I'm new too) and is doing that show, but coming to one of mine in March and booking off that for the future. That other consultant will get leads off her show, but in the long run, I just feel "honored" that she wants to "come back" to me...

I would, just so she's aware. Putting myself in her shoes, if one of your friends had booked with me then wanted to switch to a show with you, I'd prefer not to be blind-sided. If I know about it before she calls, I can be really gracious.

Yes Tammi - call her and explain before the host calls so she is aware of what is happening, doesn't pressure the host too much and can handle it well...

Thanks.....I new you guys could give me great direction!! I'm going to call her right now......

Ok, Rae - we're typing the same thing in different forms at the same time - LOL!

If Tammi doesn't take "our" advice... LOL!....

Great minds think alike.That, or you should be really scared.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If she only knew...

...just kidding Tammi! ;)

Ok, so....My conscience feels better, but I'm at a loss now as to what is going to happen. :( My director said she already had her postcards stamped and ready to go. Her party is scheduled for April 20th. So, I just told my director that I just wanted to give her a heads up when the hostess calls. What should I do now?? :(

It's in the host's hands, now. Either she'll contact your director, or she won't. You said that the host told you she was going to have to reschedule, anyway, so the postcards are a moot point.

You did what you could - you'll just have to wait and see what happens. If she still holds the show, MAYBE your director will be nice and give you the bookings or you just wait and catch her next time around...

You can't live life with the coulda, woulda, shouldas...things happen for a reason and you have to hope that it will work out the best...

You have no control over the fact that she would have to change the date OR that your director filled out invitations over a month in advance!

janetupnorth said:
You have no control over the fact that she would have to change the date OR that your director filled out invitations over a month in advance!

Thanks Janet!! Speaking of which.....That seems kinda crazy to me, unless she's just trying to be super prepared...(Which I would try if I didn't work a FT job OUTside the home.) How early/when should you start these things?

I agree with Rae. You could offer to give your director a few dollars to cover the invitations if you want/would make you feel better but at this point I'd leave it in your host/friends hands.

I have the hosts mail them out themselves about 2 weeks in advance - seems to work well around here...any longer and people seem to lose them! :) ...but that seems to be the nature of the "northwoods".

She has cards already stamped and ready? Wow, she's efficient and optimist considering things often change.

What would the answer be if it was a consultant you didn't know? Would you try to get the show or encourage her to hold her commitment?

beepampered said:
What would the answer be if it was a consultant you didn't know? Would you try to get the show or encourage her to hold her commitment?

Hum...That's a tough question. I would probably have left it in the hostess' hands to decide. I did tell her that I didn't care to do her show, but certainly understand that she already has a commitment to another consultant and would not be offended if she goes ahead with her.

Jilleysue said:
Carolyn You ROCK!!!!:D

Nah - I just know that in order for me to succeed, I need a strong team...I mean, ya'll are cute & bubbly and fun...but that only gets ya so far...without bookings all you've got left is a cute pair of thong panties to hang from your microfiber towel ;)

you crack me up Carolyn!

dannyzmom said:
Nah - I just know that in order for me to succeed, I need a strong team...I mean, ya'll are cute & bubbly and fun...but that only gets ya so far...without bookings all you've got left is a cute pair of thong panties to hang from your microfiber towel ;)

OMG! :eek: I'm trying to fight the visual.....but it's just too difficult!!! :p :p :p :p

dannyzmom said:

ROTFL. But since the thongs say chef's success you've got really cut thongs. :p

tlennhoff said:
ROTFL. But since the thongs say chef's success you've got really cut thongs. :p

Hey - have those been put up for sale on cafe-press yet? I need to get me a pair!! At least then if I whip out my panties when I mean to whip out my MF towel (that stands for MicroFiber you dirty minded people) I'll be advertising for CS at the same time!!

dannyzmom said:
Hey - have those been put up for sale on cafe-press yet? I need to get me a pair!! At least then if I whip out my panties when I mean to whip out my MF towel (that stands for MicroFiber you dirty minded people) I'll be advertising for CS at the same time!!

Yep they are up there - ~$8. :p

I had this happen to me before except I was on the other end. I agree with Rae, it is ulitmately up to the host.

cmdtrgd said:
Where are they?

Ann did up a bunch of clothing and other things based on the chef success buttons she did for conference. You can find them at CafePress

My director is so coolMy director was actually doing shows with the ladies at my church before I joined the church. She was the nearest director when they went onto the PC website to request a consultant. After I started attending church there and they found out I was a PC consultant they cancelled a few shows with my director. I called my director and my director was cool. She said that it was a great way for me to build my business and since it was my territory now, to go for it!!

I know technically we don't have a "territory" but she knew these ladies were my close friends now and would prefer to do shows with me. It is up to the customer if she wishes to do shows with someone or not. If someone told me they would much rather do a show with someone else, I wouldn't hesitate one moment to let them go. I mean I want the customer to be happy and to really find someone they click with who will be their long term consultant.

Of course I would have to work hard to make up for that show since I only do 2-4 shows a month but that's ok. The Lord always provides.

Debbie :D

dannyzmom said:

That would be my reaction as well. Don't feel bad. In the end, it's the host's choice. You did nothing to suggest that she should reschedule with you.

Thanks ladies for your suggestions and your own stories. I have done what I could, in that I called and gave my director a heads up. Hopefully she doesn't take it personally. I have decided it is in the hosts hands now.

Thanks again!

I hope it all works out for everyone in the end....... good luck!!

Most directors, I think, are great about giving leads (and hosts) away. I had a similar problem, I went to my friend Deb's PC party, booked my own show, signed up at my party to sell PC. Well, one year later, Deb wants to host a show with my director again(since that was her consultant, she thought she had to book with her), but my director told me I could "have" Deb's show in order to grow my business! We have it scheduled for next month!

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that she (your director) had invitations stamped and ready to go on 3/19 for a show 4/20....I'm just now working on mine for the first week in April!

As a director, I would pass it on to my downline too! What if she get's bookings at the party and it's in your group again? They should let your Director know that they would like to have you as the consultant, if they wish. Past Host Bonuses still work with you as the consultant.

As a director I would feel obligated to give it to you! It's not about me/us, it's about the host and what she wants.

Another suggestion, why not attend the show as a training expedition with your Director, then see what happens! I would totally feel comfortable, as a Director with you there as training, pass the bookings onto you. You both get something out of it then. Her the show/commission; you the training and possible bookings! Just a couple of suggestions! Good luck! I hope my downline would feel comfortable with asking me, should I get in this situation!

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that she (your director) had invitations stamped and ready to go on 3/19 for a show 4/20....I'm just now working on mine for the first week in April!

This doesn't surprise me - I ask my hosts to get me their guest lists 4 weeks out...and I mail them 3 weeks out. If I don't have their guest list by 3-weeks out, I open up the date for someone else.

1. Can I cancel a booking with another consultant and have a show with you instead?

It is not recommended to cancel a booking with another consultant in order to have a show with a different one. This can create tension and conflict between consultants and is not a professional approach. It is important to honor commitments and respect the relationships between consultants and their clients.

2. What should I do if I have already booked a show with another consultant but would like to have a show with you instead?

If you have already booked a show with another consultant, it is best to honor that commitment and have the show with them. However, if you have a scheduling conflict or are unhappy with the consultant you have booked with, you can reach out to them and politely explain the situation. It is up to the other consultant to decide if they are willing to cancel the show and allow you to book with a different consultant.

3. Can I reschedule a show with another consultant and have it with you instead?

If you have already booked a show with another consultant, it is best to honor that commitment and have the show with them. However, if you need to reschedule due to a conflict, it is best to reach out to the consultant you have booked with and discuss the situation. They may be willing to reschedule or allow you to book with a different consultant.

4. How can I handle a situation where I have already booked a show with a different consultant but would like to have a show with you?

If you have already booked a show with another consultant, it is best to honor that commitment and have the show with them. However, if you have a scheduling conflict or are unhappy with the consultant you have booked with, you can reach out to them and politely explain the situation. If they are open to rescheduling or cancelling the show, you can then book with the consultant you prefer.

5. What if I met a consultant at a different event and would like to have a show with them instead of the one I have already booked?

If you have already booked a show with another consultant, it is best to honor that commitment and have the show with them. However, if you have met a different consultant at a different event and would like to have a show with them, it is best to reach out to the consultant you have already booked with and politely explain the situation. They may be willing to reschedule or cancel the show, allowing you to book with the consultant you prefer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• marystell1
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • ValM2010
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kdangel518