• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling to Get Shows on the Calendar: Help Needed!

In summary, two individuals discuss their personal struggles and lack of motivation to continue with work and business due to various challenges and tragedies in their lives. One person offers advice to the other to push through and continue making bookings by getting on the phone and offering incentives to potential hosts.
sarahsellcm
Silver Member
I have been having a lot of personal issues from June to now. Because of this I haven't done a show since June and now I can not find the motivation to get myself going again. Does anyone have any ideas on different on what I could do to get some shows on the calendar? To make it worse I am due with my second child in December so things are even more hectic there.

Thanks.

Sarah

I too have had nothing but tragedy this year, ranging from a breast cancer scare, both of my adult children getting in trouble with the law (not normal), my daughter going thru a depression, losing 10 family members and friends in death, my Dad and FIL in the hospital w/heart issues, my DH had knee surgery and ended up w/a staff infection which put him in the hospital for 6 days and then 2 weeks of intervenious antibiotics at home (administered at 6 a.m., 2 p.m and 10 p.m. every day, which I had to do), added 10,000 square feet on The Elkhart Hinge (we own) and the economy takes a poop, I pray everyday that we can pay the bills:eek:...the list goes on and on and on. Needless to say I absolutely could not get motivated!! I did manage to stay active and I appologized to some of my host's for not keeping in touch with them as much as I usually would (they didn't even notice).

So to make a long story short, I forced myself to get on the phone!! I have 4 cooking shows in October so I should get some bookings out of those, but I don't have time to wait around. I started a Mystery Host show for November and got on the phone...I now have 6 November bookings on my calendar (1 from an Oct. show, 3 booked in one day on the phone and 2 booked a couple of days later on the phone. I am offering to buy them a classic stone if they have a $500.00 show in November (20% discount on stoneware plus they will have a 25% discount for the $500.00 show, it won't cost more than $20 out of pocket) and if they book in December I will buy them the beaded serving set w/spreader or the Trifle bowl (host gifts). JUST GET ON THE PHONE...it is the best advise I can give you and it works for me everytime!! Force yourself, I know you can do it!!:D

Last edited:
Hi Sarah,I'm sorry to hear that you've been going through personal issues and struggling with motivation to get back into doing shows. It's completely understandable given everything you've been dealing with.One idea could be to start small and ease your way back into it. Instead of trying to schedule multiple shows at once, maybe start with just one or two and see how it goes. You could also consider reaching out to friends or family members who may be interested in attending or even helping out with the show.Another idea could be to try a different format or venue for your shows. Maybe a smaller, more intimate setting would feel less overwhelming for you right now. Or perhaps taking a break from your usual routine and trying something new could help reignite your passion for performing.And of course, with a new baby on the way, it's important to prioritize your own well-being and take care of yourself during this busy time. Don't be afraid to ask for help or take some time for yourself when needed.I hope these suggestions are helpful and wish you all the best in getting back into doing shows. Take care of yourself and congratulations on your upcoming bundle of joy!Best,

1. How can I increase my bookings for Pampered Chef shows?

There are a few strategies you can try to increase your bookings. First, make sure you are consistently reaching out to potential hosts and following up with them. You can also offer incentives for hosts, such as free products or discounts. Additionally, try reaching out to your past hosts and asking if they would be interested in hosting again or referring you to their friends and family.

2. What can I do if I am struggling to find potential hosts?

One option is to attend events or join groups where your target audience may be present, such as mom groups, cooking classes, or home decor shows. You can also use social media to reach out to potential hosts or ask for referrals from your current customers.

3. How can I make my Pampered Chef shows more appealing to potential hosts?

Make sure you are offering a variety of themes and options for your shows, such as a girls' night out, a family-friendly cooking demonstration, or a holiday-themed show. You can also offer additional perks, such as hosting a show in a host's home or providing free products for the host to keep.

4. What should I do if a potential host is hesitant to book a show?

First, try to understand their hesitation. Are they concerned about the time commitment or cost? Address their concerns and offer solutions, such as a shorter show or a payment plan for their order. You can also offer to have a smaller, more casual gathering with a few friends instead of a traditional show.

5. How can I keep my bookings consistent throughout the year?

One way to keep your bookings consistent is to offer seasonal or themed shows throughout the year, such as a summer grilling demonstration or a holiday baking show. You can also reach out to your past hosts and customers regularly to remind them about the benefits of hosting a show and offer incentives for repeat bookings. Additionally, consider partnering with other consultants or businesses to co-host shows and reach a larger audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
shelly.nurse
  • its_me_susan
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies