• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Leads at Fairs: Strategies for Securing Maybes on Your Calendar

In summary, Anne recommended that maybes contact her to schedule a show, as she has experience with hosting cooking and catalog shows. She also offers a free food show to those who may want to test the waters. For yes's, she advises not to give them the opportunity to say no, and to avoid questions that could lead to a no. She recommends that the person asking for a show offer a fair price and be sure to know their own schedule so they can choose two dates.
bbauman07
Gold Member
I got a lot of leads through the fair this year. The yes to shows are easy, but I'm wondering what you have found to be the most successful to get those maybes on your calendar?

Though my calendar for the rest of the year looks great so far I would like 4 more for Oct and 6 more for Nov, and haven't decided yet for Dec. Which with the 30ish maybes I should be able to pull off. Thanks for any and all advice.

When I got maybes I just called and said you put that you were possibly interested in hosting a kitchen show and alot did hold either a cooking or a catalog show

I have had several people that have marked maybes on their drawing slips...... I try and keep on top of them.

I try to treat maybe's and yes's the same way. Something is there that made them not say no, and you just have to find out what it is, find a solution, and schedule their show!

I call & ask what the maybe means. Say, 'so you marked maybe, is it that now's not a good time, but maybe in a month or two?'
Maybe's will usually turn into yes!

I'm glad you started this thread!! I've got a few maybes I need to follow up on myself!

MaybeI learned from someone, that Maybe = May + B.E. as in I may host a show, with a better education.

I contact maybes from fairs with what to expect for a typical show, and offer them a free food show where I bring a simple demo and juice or coffee.

I really like that May + B.E. That's awesome! I also offer a free show when I get a maybe....that usually pushes them to a yes.

For maybes I say: On your form I noticed you maybe want to host a show... are there any questions I can answer for you to help you schedule one.

For yes's: Don't give them the opp. to say no. Avoid: "You said you'd like to host a show? Call and ask, "Would you like to schedule your show in x or x" or "My next open show date is..." or "What night of the week is generally best for you?"

thanks Anne...... do you get a good response when you handle the maybe's that way??

Usually. A maybe just means "sure, talk me into it."

I had two people call me back about the shows that they wanted to scheudle for ..... now we just have to find a date that works for them.

Remember to help them choose dates.When talking to people about the dates, make SURE you know your schedule. Then pick two dates. Ask them which one would work best for them. Give them the one you really want to fill LAST. Too many to choose from only confuses them. So help them pick the date you want them to pick.

I just read something about giving them only two dates, saying the last one first- like the 19th or the 12th?

I have heard of the same thing.. I think Balenda Ellsworth said that at confernce and a few others at the workshops that I attended!!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
I have heard of the same thing.. I think Balenda Ellsworth said that at confernce and a few others at the workshops that I attended!!!
Everything I say is from Belinda! LOL I am not worthy!

LOL I am not worthy either!!!!!! I learned alot from her at confernce!!! :)

AJPratt said:
Everything I say is from Belinda! LOL I am not worthy!

I bought the CD set. OMG!!! I have so many ideas my head is spinning, and I can't wait until my next show to use it!

I really need tobuy those CD's I think it would help me a great deal!!!

AJPratt said:
I bought the CD set. OMG!!! I have so many ideas my head is spinning, and I can't wait until my next show to use it!

Wow,Thanks for all the input. I couldn't log on yesterday. I really need to get those Bellinda CD's. Does she have a website you can order from? What is the name of the set?

Well worht the money that is for sure...... I need to order those but I have to wait a little bit till my commision checks are a consitent amount each month.

I want to order more. LOL

Thanks I will be ordering them. My treat to myself for my $1,000 show :D

I didn't see the 2 bonus CD's- am I missing something? I just got paid $75 today in commission- sign from God?? Maybe....

On her site...

Step Into Success CD Version
Updated version of the original Step Into Success series now available on 6 Compact Discs. Still has the basics of booking, selling, and recruiting but includes 50% new material on such things as "The Power Hour", "Making your product come to life," and new info on recruiting. An excellent addition to your collection. Also includes Introduction to Sales and A Show Presentation.

$75.00 U.S. / $0.00 Canadian

Now that is not a bad price at all.... I thought it was way more than that....

mommyhugz1978 said:
Now that is not a bad price at all.... I thought it was way more than that....

I was thinking they were more expensive too! Maybe a suggestion for Xmas:)

At conference she had packages that were more. And there's more on the site, too.

Oh, Duh! Thanks for copying and pasting for the intellectually challenged group (Hello? Is anyone else here?? LOL!) I spent my commission at the grocery store getting a laptop bag and printer cartidge. Maybe at the end of the month!

gilliandanielle said:
Oh, Duh! Thanks for copying and pasting for the intellectually challenged group (Hello? Is anyone else here?? LOL!) I spent my commission at the grocery store getting a laptop bag and printer cartidge. Maybe at the end of the month!

Atleast you didn't think a 0 was a 9. I still feel like a dork for that one.

Yah, that is pretty intellectually challenged, LOL! At least you are just visiting the group, I am the charter member!!

I didn't buy them at conference becasue I didnt want to spend that much money... :(

I should have though

lacychef said:
I was thinking they were more expensive too! Maybe a suggestion for Xmas:)

Whenever you do it, its going to be huge for you!

I am finding myself refering back to my notes from her workshop constantly .

Me too! And I have typed parts of her CD word for word!

Well...where are they?? I want typed stuff!! Is that illegal? Don't worry, with your mob connections you'll be fine!

RECRUITING TALK: "Ladies, who here would like to eliminate a bill from your monthly budget? Well, did you know that by doing one show a week with the Pampered Chef you can eliminate almost any bill from your monthly budget, next to your mortgage? That's right, because we make about $100 in an evening. Imagine what $400 at the end of the month could do for you and your family. $400 towards a Visa bill or other debt reduction. $400 towards a family vacation. $400 towards a new car or college tuition. The possibilities are endless. So if you'd just like some more information to take home and read at your leisure, please let me know - I'd be happy to send you home with some."

Here are my notes from the workshop that I attended at conference!!!

Attachments

• 90 Days to the business that you want.doc
    33.5 KB · Views: 339
gilliandanielle said:
Yah, that is pretty intellectually challenged, LOL! At least you are just visiting the group, I am the charter member!!

No I'm a member.

lOL aren't we all members of that club???

Thanks Anne! I am going to write it on cards and read it over and over until my kids know it too!! LOL!

Its a HUGE help... and she make a VERY valid point about just talking "information" and not committing to becoming a consultant.

Thanks for posting that, Leah! I have to compare what I have to see what I missed. I just sat there with my mouth hanging open. LOL (I am not worthy!)

LOL my problem was I taken tylonal PM the night before ad it was still working ... so I took good notes...but was half asleep... but I thik my mouth was hanging open too... thinking the same thing...... LOL

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ElizabethPurvis
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
AJPratt
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
sfdavis918