• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Results: My Success at a Small Craft Fair - Bookings & Leads"

In summary, the speaker had a successful table at a craft fair where they focused on getting booking and recruit leads rather than making sales. They had a door prize and received 13 yes/maybe responses for hosting a show and 2 maybes for recruiting leads. They plan to contact everyone who entered, starting with the person who indicated interest in both hosting and recruiting. They also have some extra incentives to try and secure more bookings for the month. The speaker plans to start contacting people tomorrow and has received advice to not contact anyone on Sunday, which is their designated family day. They also mentioned another upcoming craft show where they hope to get more bookings.
lemmiskitchen
I had a table at a fairly small craft fair yesterday and it went really well. I went in with the notion that I wasn't there to get sales, but to get booking/recruit leads.

I had my door prize (A goodie bag of kitchen gadgets) and entry slips.

Of 40ish entries, I had 13 yes/maybes for hosting a show and 2 maybe on recruiting leads.

I gave out a lot of catalogs, and I plan to basically contact EVERYONE. First? The entry with the booking AND recruiting lead, she's winning the door prize. Then my other booking/recruit lead, then my booking leads. THen my "cold calls" basically thanking them for stopping by, that I'm having a sale for all orders placed from the fair (either 10% off or free shipping, their choice) and if there is anything that I can help them with, to please contact me.

My question is...when should I start contacting people? THe fair was yesterday. Today I know is a big family day and church day, so I'm not sure if today would be appropriate or not???

This is all I have left for Nov so far. I would REALLY REALLY REALLY like a show or two more for this month, and I have no bookings for next month yet. (But I do for Jan, Feb and March!!)

I have some extra incentives that I can use to get a couple shows this month, but when I did talk about those at the fair, I didn't get much response. (I have some extra products I'm using as incentive).

Any tips for my calls or how to get some quick bookings?

Thanks.

Personally I would wait until tomorrow. Sunday is my family day and, apart from hanging out on Chef Success, I do no PC related items. The last thing you want to do is offend a possible host or recruit.

I just did a vendor event and got 3 bookings for January so I told them I would contact them after the holidays. But I do plan to send out a letter with our host rewards program and Host special for that month to keep it in their minds and hopefully get them excited!

I have a craft show coming as well. Hopefully I'll have many MAYBE or YEs to host a show! Did you have any items to sell?Alexa

I'd contact them starting tomorrow (monday). Good luck.

AlexaPC said:
I have a craft show coming as well. Hopefully I'll have many MAYBE or YEs to host a show! Did you have any items to sell?

Alexa

No. I don't keep any products on hand to sell. I don't have the room, nor the desire, lol. With 4 kids, I'm lucky I have one side of a closet dedicated to PC stuff! :D

I of course displayed products, I had catalogs, but it wasn't the venue really to make sales right there. However, those who took home catalogs asked for them specifically, so when I make calls I will give the option to place an order directly, especially those who don't want to host a show.

THanks for the replies, I will start contacting tomorrow. THe first will be my drawing winner. (Hey she said maybe to hosting a show and maybe as a recruit lead, of COURSE she's my winner!)

1. How do I know if I had a successful craft fair?

There are a few factors to consider when determining if your craft fair was a success. First, did you make a profit? Did you sell enough products to cover the cost of your booth and any expenses? Another factor to consider is customer feedback. Did you receive positive feedback and compliments on your products? Lastly, did you make any new connections or potential future sales opportunities at the fair?

2. How can I improve my sales at a craft fair?

One way to improve sales at a craft fair is to have eye-catching displays and set up your booth in an organized and visually appealing way. Offer samples or demonstrations of your products to entice customers. Additionally, be friendly and approachable to potential customers and have business cards or flyers available for them to take with them.

3. What type of products sell best at craft fairs?

Products that are unique, handmade, and have a practical use tend to sell well at craft fairs. This can include kitchen gadgets, home decor, jewelry, and personalized items. It's also important to do some research and see what products are popular at the specific craft fair you will be attending.

4. How should I price my products at a craft fair?

Pricing your products can be tricky, but it's important to consider the cost of materials, your time and labor, and the overall market value of similar products. You can also offer special deals or discounts for purchasing multiple items to encourage sales. It's also a good idea to have a range of prices so that there are options for customers with different budgets.

5. What should I bring to a craft fair besides my products?

In addition to your products, it's important to bring enough cash for making change, a calculator, and a way to accept credit or debit card payments. It's also helpful to have a sign with your business name and logo, as well as any promotional materials such as flyers or business cards. Don't forget to bring snacks and water to stay hydrated and energized throughout the day.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dldunphy
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
rhoweth74
Replies