• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hello Cheffers,I Have a Table at a Craft Fair This Weekend and

In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of a retail tax in Guam and whether or not it can be passed on to customers or if the seller is responsible for paying it. The conversation also touches on the corrupt government of Guam and the challenges faced by military families living there. The conversation ends with a positive outlook and a reminder to save receipts for tax time.
jessicafawn
Gold Member
Hello Cheffers,

I have a table at a craft fair this weekend and just got my business license for it yesterday. I will also be applying for a permanent business license shortly. I have a question though. In Guam there is no "tax" but they charge a "retail tax" of 4% to direct sales businesses, myself included.
My question is, can I pass this 4% on to my customers or do I eat it myself? I don't have the slightest idea which way to go. If I were in the states tax gets charged to purchasers and it shouldn't be any different here.
I have to report my sales to Guam's tax and revenue office after the fair and fear what the "bill" will be. :eek:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: tax???I would call HO on this one. Generally we don't need a business license and the tax is always paid by the customer.

Re: tax???I talked with HO and was transferred to one of the Tax Accountants, JoAnn. She was really nice and very helpful.
Turns out I am responsible for the tax of each sale. http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g239/jessicafawn/smilies/wow.gif But from what she gathered, I can deduct the amount I pay in "GRT" on my income tax return.

I really can't wait to get back to the states so I don't have to worry about this bs. Excuse my ... well... writing.

There are some great things about Guam but there are some very bad things too... and this is one of them. The government here is so corrupt and who knows where this tax actually goes.

Grrrrrr. http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g239/jessicafawn/smilies/wall.gif

Thanks for listening.

Oh... and Happy Halloween http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g239/jessicafawn/smilies/leaves_falling.gif

Re: tax???Yick! On the Military Base in Japan, we get around the Japan laws by being SOFA Status. But since you are already in a US Territory, I guess that you don't get to be exempt. So sorry!

Re: tax???I wish that was the case. We get screwed all the time because many people don't consider us part of the US but then we are considered parts of the US for other things. It's very annoying. Looks like I'll have to save some of my commission to pay the 4% GRT. I'll save my receipt for tax time, that's for sure.

Re: tax???
jessicafawn said:
I wish that was the case. We get screwed all the time because many people don't consider us part of the US but then we are considered parts of the US for other things. It's very annoying. Looks like I'll have to save some of my commission to pay the 4% GRT. I'll save my receipt for tax time, that's for sure.

Just think positively- tax time is the end of January/beginning of Feb (when military's W-2 comes out) so its only 2-3 months away to be able to write it all off. Its better than 6-10months away! ;)

You are right- the military families get jacked here and there but let me tell you one very important thing- They keep their jobs through good times and bad (economy right now is big!) and so we can keep our families stable with money and what not vs being in limbo. :) I'm a Navy wife so I can feel your pain.

Re: tax???I have no problems with the Navy, being a Navy wife, or any of the things that go along with it. My problems are with Guam and how corrupt it is.
I just hope when Tax time comes I'll get it all back.

Re: tax???Oh I know you don't have a problem with the Navy or anything- I was agreeing with the fact that sometimes where we go we get jacked (for you- Guam & the Tax issue) but I guess I didn't say it right (sorry)......even though you are having to pay for it, its better than having to worry about him losing his job. So to pay out of pocket, recover it on your taxes in only a few short months, is better than trying to start your life over finding a new job because of the economy. :)

1. How can I showcase Pampered Chef products at my craft fair table?

There are a few ways you can showcase Pampered Chef products at your craft fair table. One option is to set up a display with our most popular products and have them available for customers to touch and try out. You can also have catalogs and order forms available for customers to browse and place orders. Another idea is to do live cooking demonstrations using our products, which can draw attention to your table and generate interest in our products.

2. Do I need to have inventory on hand to sell at the craft fair?

No, you do not need to have inventory on hand to sell at the craft fair. As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the option to take orders from customers and have the products shipped directly to them. This means you don't have to worry about carrying and storing inventory, and can focus on promoting and selling our products at the craft fair.

3. Can I offer discounts or promotions at the craft fair?

Yes, you can offer discounts or promotions at the craft fair. As a consultant, you have the ability to set up your own personal website where you can create and share special offers with your customers. You can also offer discounts or promotions directly to customers at the craft fair by using our sales tools and order forms.

4. How can I generate more sales at the craft fair?

One way to generate more sales at the craft fair is to have attractive and eye-catching displays that showcase our products. Another way is to engage with customers and offer live demonstrations or cooking tips using our products. You can also offer special promotions or discounts to entice customers to make a purchase. Lastly, be sure to have plenty of catalogs and order forms available for customers to take with them and place orders later.

5. What can I do to make my craft fair table stand out?

To make your craft fair table stand out, you can create an inviting and visually appealing display using our products. You can also incorporate fun and interactive elements such as games or contests to engage with customers. It's also helpful to have knowledgeable and enthusiastic team members at the table to answer any questions and promote our products. Lastly, having special offers or promotions can also make your table stand out and attract more customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • jessicafawn
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • dldunphy
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies