• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Guam Craft Fair: Questions on Retail Tax and Direct Sales

In summary, before making any decisions about taxes and fees for your business in Guam, it is important to research the local regulations and consult with the Guam Tax and Revenue Office. You may choose to pass on the 4% retail tax to your customers or absorb it yourself, but be sure to clearly communicate this to your customers and properly report and pay the tax to the relevant authorities. Good luck with your craft fair and business endeavors!
jessicafawn
Gold Member
Hello Cheffers,

I have a table at a craft fair this weekend and just got my business license for it today. I will also be applying for a permanent business license shortly. I have a question though. In Guam there is no "tax" but they charge a "retail tax" of 4% to direct sales business, myself included.
My question is, can I pass this 4% on to my customers or eat it myself? I don't have the slightest idea which way to go. If I were in the states tax gets charged to purchasers and it shouldn't be any different here.
I have to report my sales to Guam's tax and revenue office after the fair and fear what the "bill" will be. :eek:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.It is important to understand the regulations that apply to sales in Guam before making any decisions about taxes and fees. Generally, it is acceptable for a business to pass on retail taxes to customers, but this may not be the case in Guam. The best approach is to research the local rules and regulations to determine what is required for businesses selling goods in Guam. Additionally, you should contact the Guam Tax and Revenue Office directly to confirm whether or not the 4% retail tax can be passed on to customers. Once you have established the appropriate process, be sure to document all of your sales and comply with any reporting requirements that may be applicable.

Thank you,ChefferHello Cheffer,Congratulations on getting your business license and good luck at the craft fair this weekend!Regarding the retail tax in Guam, it is ultimately up to you whether you want to pass it on to your customers or absorb it yourself. In most cases, businesses choose to pass it on to their customers by including it in their pricing, as it is a cost of doing business. However, you may also choose to absorb it yourself if you believe it will make your prices more competitive and attract more customers.If you do decide to pass it on to your customers, make sure to clearly communicate this on your pricing and advertising so they are aware of the additional 4% charge.As for reporting your sales to Guam's tax and revenue office, you will need to calculate the total amount of retail tax you collected from your customers and report it accordingly. The exact process for reporting and paying the retail tax may vary, so it would be best to consult with a local accountant or tax professional for guidance.Best of luck with your craft fair and your business!

1. What is the retail tax rate in Guam?

The retail tax rate in Guam is currently 4%, which is applied to the total purchase price of goods and services.

2. Are vendors at the Guam Craft Fair required to collect and remit retail tax?

Yes, all vendors participating in the Guam Craft Fair are required to collect and remit the 4% retail tax on all sales made during the event.

3. Are there any exemptions to the retail tax for vendors at the Guam Craft Fair?

There are no exemptions to the retail tax for vendors at the Guam Craft Fair, regardless of the type of goods or services being sold.

4. Do vendors need a business license to sell at the Guam Craft Fair?

Yes, all vendors are required to have a valid Guam business license in order to sell at the Guam Craft Fair.

5. Can vendors engage in direct sales at the Guam Craft Fair?

Yes, vendors are allowed to engage in direct sales at the Guam Craft Fair, as long as they have a valid Guam business license and collect and remit the 4% retail tax on all sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jessicafawn
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • chefheidi2003
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • raebates