• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Clarifying Tax Question: Direct Shipping and Tax Rates on P3 Platform

In summary, there was confusion regarding the tax rates for direct shipped orders. In the past, the tax was based on where the show would be shipping, but now it is based on where each individual order is being shipped. This led to some orders being charged a higher tax rate, causing a significant price difference. It was discovered that all direct shipped orders should be charged tax based on the shipping address. This system was meant to be used for online orders, but now hosts are encouraged to have their outside orders placed through their website to ensure correct taxation. However, this can be a lot of work and may be difficult to remember for hosts who are not familiar with the different tax rates in different areas.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
I had some outside orders for a show that needed to be direct shipped. (Not outside of the state, just outside of the area.) I have always charged tax the SAME on all orders- based on where the show would be shipping. Now, on P3, it was trying to charge them tax based on where each individual order would be shipped. There were 3 rather large orders and P3 was charging a higher tax rate. That would have been quite a difference in price, so I went in and manually changed it back to the tax % that I had used to total everyones orders. What is up with that? Am I wrong? Am I supposed to be aware of EVERYONE'S tax % when doing direct shipped orders? If so, I've been doing it wrong for 3 1/2 years!

Most of us were doing it wrong and that is one of the things that P3 is trying to correct. All direct shipped orders are charged tax to where they are being shipped. Hurts if some areas are higher than others. Very confusing when it varies within a state too I would imagine. Nice that it calculates it for us as there would be no way I would know in areas that I don't normally sell to what to charge.

Ugh.
Tax rates range from 5.75-7.50% in Ohio alone! How the heck is a host going to know that if she's doing outside orders?!?

The tax is based on where the order is shipped. In the past, they counted on us to look it up behind CC. All online orders had it figured automatically--another reason for hosts to encourage outside orders via your website.

DebbieJ said:
The tax is based on where the order is shipped. In the past, they counted on us to look it up behind CC. All online orders had it figured automatically--another reason for hosts to encourage outside orders via your website.

Very true! I personally don't know how anyone could remember to check it all out everytime.

KellyTheChef said:
Ugh.
Tax rates range from 5.75-7.50% in Ohio alone! How the heck is a host going to know that if she's doing outside orders?!?

I guess in your case as an example Kelly that I would tell your hosts to have them place their o/o on your website under the host's name of course or have her call you with the order and have you put it in P3 to get the tax total information.

Lots of work I realize and feel your pain but better to be safe than sorry. It could come back to haunt you if you don't.

Set up Manuallyis a choice on the guests order form, you can then look it up, choose it and it will load the info for you.

You can also key in the Shipping Address for that Guest, click Ship to:
Direct to Shipping Address, then it should bring in the correct taxation for you using the shipping address information

I used the manual set up as I had it in the contact address area. But if you read, it states that it will use the Shipping Address area to determine Tax.....

KellyTheChef said:
Ugh.

Which is one more reason why I love living in Oregon. NO TAX!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

Another reason why I love living in NH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No sales tax!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. What is "Tax Question With P3"?

"Tax Question With P3" is a type of tax question that involves the use of a specific form, known as Form P3, to report certain types of income or deductions on your tax return.

2. Who is required to file a "Tax Question With P3" form?

In general, individuals and businesses who received certain types of income or incurred specific expenses during the tax year may be required to file a "Tax Question With P3" form. It is recommended to consult with a tax professional or the IRS for specific filing requirements.

3. What information is needed to complete a "Tax Question With P3" form?

The information needed to complete a "Tax Question With P3" form may vary depending on the type of income or deduction being reported. Generally, you will need to provide your personal information, such as your name and Social Security number, as well as details about the income or expenses being reported.

4. Is there a deadline for filing a "Tax Question With P3" form?

Yes, there is a deadline for filing a "Tax Question With P3" form. The specific deadline may vary depending on your filing status, type of income or deduction, and other factors. It is important to file the form by the designated deadline to avoid penalties and interest.

5. Can I file a "Tax Question With P3" form electronically?

Yes, you can file a "Tax Question With P3" form electronically through the IRS's e-file system or through a tax professional. Electronic filing is typically faster, more accurate, and more secure than filing a paper form. However, not all types of "Tax Question With P3" forms may be eligible for electronic filing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
kam
  • chefheidi2003
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • BethanyN