• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Iowa still charging tax on shipping and handling?

In summary, according to the email received from HO, Iowa no longer charges tax on shipping and handling, yet the website is still charging it
mandydollie
Last Monday I got an e-mail from HO stating that Iowa no longer charges tax on shipping and handling, yet my website is still charging it for orders placed. Does anyone know if the change needs to come from the HO end or if there is something that I need to do to stop that taxing of that?

Getting tired of having to refund money for the website figuring the orders wrong

That's news to me. Maybe it's just in your state? I didn't get that email.

I was for Iowa...

Dear Consultants,

The State of Iowa has informed us of a new policy concerning sales
taxes on our shipping and handling charges. Effective immediately for all
orders shipped to a location within the State of Iowa, no sales taxes
should be charged on shipping and handling. This policy is not
retroactive.

Therefore, you do not need to collect sales tax on shipping and
handling for orders shipped to Iowa.

I would contact HO and ask them. Is it charging on individual orders not associated with a show? I would imagine if you call them, they will take care of it.

Tech support should be bale to help you out.

i've just noticed it on orders associated with shows.

it's not doing it on individual orders

mandydollie said:
it's not doing it on individual orders

I'd guess then that HO is not done updating the personal websites or their is a bug which is why its showing properly on individual orders and not on shows.

I'm on the phone with HO, but the wait time is more than 15 minutes.... GREAT

Let us know what you find out as I have a catty show in Iowa and want to warn my host that she may need to change things.

how the heck did you get a catty show in Iowa when you're in NJ? That's impressive!!!!

Most of my friends and family are far away from me. So I've been begging them to help me get started.

that's awesome! Where in Iowa is your catty show being held?

I think the host lives in Sully.

Well best of luck.. I'm talking to HO now, so i'll keep you posted!

apparently no one at home office knows what i'm talking about. Tech support didn't even know how to help. They are now transferring me tothe lady who sent the email.

ok...now i feel foolish... all you have to do is set it up in Pampered Partner to 0.00% of shipping and it's fine. The show that it was doing it on was entered as 5%

Thanks for posting this Amanda!!! I have a customer that I am about to ship something to in Iowa!! In fact, in the next few years I will be running my business from Iowa!!

Where in Iowa will you be located

It's hard to say right now, obviously I am pretty far away now. We are looking at the Des Moines, Council Bluffs, or Cedar Rapids areas. Depends on where the best jobs are for my husband at the time that he retires from the military.

I grew up in Norwalk, so I am familiar with the areas. We are going to build a new home where ever we end up. We have to get through this tour and an assignment back to the States for 1-2 years first. My husband is in the techie field, that's always so up in the air!!

lisacb77 said:
That's news to me. Maybe it's just in your state? I didn't get that email.
A TAX CUT???

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The governor of Iowa is gonna get drummed out of the association!

I can only hope that Diamond Jim Doyle, one state over in Wisconsin, gets the message from Iowa!

Yeah... I'm sure that whole $.20 the state gets on shipping (in most parts) will for sure cause a riot around these parts!!!!

Dreamer!He got rid of planes, automobiles and other things directly attached to the Capital Expenditures. However, lowering or removing a tax would be sortta like pulling off his privates! Not to be done! It's bad enough we are getting taxed right out of the industrial age and not to mention that our taxes are high enough to compete with New York and California. And we pay $0.46 or is it $.047?, a gallon for gasline to to fix our roads. I think they use it to put pot holes in, not take them out! So if you think that a S&H tax removal should happen, I agree. But will it? I highly doubt it. This state hasn't given us a real break in over 50 years. Why start now?

The shipping and handling tax according to HO has been removed.

In that situation, when it's such a small amount, I add it as a round up donation and don't refund the money. Call me deceitful, but really--would you be that concerned about 20 cents???

DebbieJ said:
In that situation, when it's such a small amount, I add it as a round up donation and don't refund the money. Call me deceitful, but really--would you be that concerned about 20 cents???

That is what I'm intending to do also as I have a catty show in Iowa that is closing friday and she has most of the orders in already.

What is the tax rate for shipping and handling?

The tax rate for shipping and handling varies depending on the state or province where the order is being shipped. Each state or province has its own tax laws and rates, so it is important to check with your local tax authority for the exact rate.

Is tax applied to the entire order including shipping and handling?

In most cases, tax is applied to the entire order including both the merchandise and the shipping and handling charges. However, there are some states or provinces that do not charge tax on shipping and handling, so it is best to check with your local tax authority for the specific regulations in your area.

Are there any exemptions or exceptions for tax on shipping and handling?

Some states or provinces may offer exemptions or exceptions for tax on shipping and handling. For example, some states may exempt tax on shipping and handling for food or prescription medication. It is important to check with your local tax authority for any possible exemptions or exceptions.

How is tax on shipping and handling calculated?

Tax on shipping and handling is typically calculated based on the total cost of the order, including both the merchandise and the shipping and handling charges. The tax rate is then applied to the total cost to determine the tax amount.

Is it possible to avoid paying tax on shipping and handling?

In most cases, it is not possible to avoid paying tax on shipping and handling. However, if you are a tax-exempt organization or purchasing items for resale, you may be able to provide a tax exemption certificate or resale certificate to avoid paying tax. It is important to check with your local tax authority for the specific requirements and regulations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjwr
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
chefjwr
  • MomToEli
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KellyTheChef