• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tax Help - Traveled to Iowa Got Some Orders--Tax Deductible Trip??

In summary, Julie went on a business trip to Iowa and delivered a quickstir pitcher to a friend's mom. She also talked PC while she was there. The entire trip would be tax deductible if she only did PC business.
chefjwr
Hello,

I am looking for unofficial tax advice. I traveled to Iowa and brought what I needed in catalogs etc. to present PC to my family up there. I was going to visit my grandmother. I got 2 orders only-- to be shipped to Iowa. It is not enough for a show. How do I handle those orders and maybe get a write off of my taxes for travel and lodging cost. Can I do this at all? What are the rules? What if I combine them with a party I have here in town and have those 2 orders direct shipped? What all has to happen for the orders to help me with my travel expenses--gas, lodging, meals??

My understanding is your trip is tax deductible. You conducted business, whether you sold enough to make it a show or not.

Unofficially speaking, of course.

I don't have the answers to your questions, BUT>>>>>>
Hey! You came to Iowa? Where to?
Anyone else ever comes here, look me up!! :p

I like that answer Sandy.

I went to Fontanelle in Adair Co.

I just got back from driving to Memphis (did a show), Wisconsin (did a show), Chicago (conference), Wisconsin again for a few hours (show), Iowa (show but didn't qualify yet) and then on the way home visited another friend (she said she's getting an order together so catalog show there) and then Indiana to visit a fellow consultant (hi LeeAnne:p ) before heading home. You bet I'm deducting that entire trip!

If the only business I did was Conference I would have kept track of the mileage I went out of my way and deducted the amount that was for business but this entire trip was PC at every stop!

Julie - everything for that trip would be tax deductible (room, gas, meals, etc) since you did some PC business.

As far as the orders go, you can do it however you want. You can either submit them with a show (with direct shipping of course) you have going in now (will help your host out) or you can submit them as individual orders with direct shipping.

I went back home to ND last summer and delivered a quickstir pitcher to one of my friends' mom's and also talked PC when I had a chance there and so that entire trip (mileage anyway) was tax deductible for me!

Congrats on the birth of your newest grandaughter Beth!

Thanks Sharisse.

Related to Tax Help - Traveled to Iowa Got Some Orders--Tax Deductible Trip??

What is considered a "tax deductible trip"?

A tax deductible trip is a business trip that is necessary for your job or business. This can include travel for meetings, conferences, or training related to your job.

Can I deduct my travel expenses if I went to Iowa for personal reasons but also conducted some business while I was there?

Yes, as long as the primary purpose of your trip was for business and you have the necessary documentation to support your claim.

What type of documentation do I need to support my tax deduction for a business trip to Iowa?

You will need to keep records of your travel expenses, such as receipts for transportation, lodging, and meals. You may also need to provide proof of the business purpose of your trip, such as meeting agendas or conference registration forms.

Are there any restrictions on the amount I can deduct for my business trip to Iowa?

Yes, there are limitations on certain types of travel expenses, such as meals and entertainment. Additionally, you can only deduct expenses that are considered ordinary and necessary for your job or business.

Do I need to file any additional forms or documentation for a tax deductible trip to Iowa?

Depending on your specific situation, you may need to file certain forms, such as a Schedule C or Form 2106, to report your business travel expenses. It is best to consult with a tax professional or refer to the IRS guidelines for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mandydollie
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
  • sarahsworld2000
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
slmoulton8
  • chefsteph07