• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating Your First Trip Earn: Cash, Passports & Canada

When flying, they will let you know a few days before the flight, and then you have to approve the itinerary. If you have any special requests, you will be responsible for the extra cost. They will also tell you about parking availability. The Sheraton Centre Toronto has limited availability for spots and it costs $45 CAD per night.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Okay first time trip earner here:
When do they let us know for sure?When flying will they send us from our local airport? I live in a town that has an international airport but it's not always the cheapest to fly out of. Most of the time people drive 2-4 hours from here for the best flights.How does the cash allowance come? Back on our paycheck? When we get to our destination?Would my passport be a tax write off? What about my husband's?One question maybe specifically for those living in Canada or traveled to Canada before... I was there as a young teen so I used traveler's checks and US cash to pay for things. PC's information suggests exchanging money, using credit cards or traveler's checks. Some online information says that most places will accept US cash. Any tips?I think that's it for now but if anyone has any information or questions to add feel free!

They'll contact you soon--I'd think mid January, after all the auditing is done

They usually work with you on the airport

Visa Gift card for the cash allowance

I used my debit card for a lot of things in Europe and let the bank duke it out
but they will advise you on that. I had a little $$$ before I went in local currency for
tips and stuff

Don't know about the passport, but I'd get it soon. Anyone?

I don't think your passport can be a tax write off because we aren't allowed to "do business" in Canada. It would be different if you were going there for a show or a conference but it's a vacation.

They fly you out of the closest airport they do here and we are 1 hour from a more expensive airport and 2-3 from some that are the connecting flights and most people drive but PC does fly you out of the one you choose and back to that same one.

Yes we are getting our passports this week - just picked up my birth certificate from my dad today, getting DH's tonight.Good to know about the airports. We live 5 minutes from the closest airport but when buying flights yourself, most people around here will travel 2+ hours to get the cheapest.

About the air port if you earned Toranto and you get the cash alowance it will come in a paycheck, You then have to make your own plans to fly there and you just use the $600.00 toward the tickets .

chef131doreen said:
About the air port if you earned Toranto and you get the cash alowance it will come in a paycheck, You then have to make your own plans to fly there and you just use the $600.00 toward the tickets .

Actually they give us a $250 cash allowance for what ever we want.

Most places in Toronto will take US cash, but you'd probably be better off using your credit / debit card or Canadian cash...just makes service a lot faster and then you don't have to worry about it. Plus the stores here don't give the best exchange rates.

Fron the Things to know- Travel section of the incentive trip info ( go to promotions and incentives, click irresistable destinations,look at the tabs.) :)

How will I get to Toronto?
Travel or Driving Allowance
The Pampered Chef® reserves the right to determine when a
travel or driving allowance will be used.
Because Toronto is an easy drive for many in the northeastern
U.S., there’s a $600 driving allowance for the Bronze Level trip.
If you live in close proximity to Toronto, you may choose this
option instead of airline tickets. All costs related to driving to
Toronto would be at your own expense, such as tolls and
parking in the Toronto area.
PARKING: The Sheraton Centre Toronto currently charges
$45 CAD per night (subject to change) with unlimited in and
out privileges. Availability is limited to 215 spots which are
distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. There are various
city and privately owned parking lots in the neighborhood of the
hotel. Rates vary from $5–$20 per hour, with daily maximums
of $5–40. Full details of charges and lots are available at
http://www.greenp.com.
Flying
Travel Headquarters will arrange round-trip flights from your
home city to Toronto, Canada. After you register, you’ll receive
an e-mail from Travel Headquarters with a tentative flight
itinerary. You must approve the itinerary within 24 hours. Any
changes to your itinerary once confirmed may incur additional
costs. If the traveler has any special requests that cause an
increase in the negotiated airfare, the traveler will be responsible
for the difference. Some examples of this include, but are not
limited to, travel outside of the program dates, airline preference,
change of guest name, or request to upgrade from negotiated
fare in order to secure a class-of-travel upgrad

1. What is the best way to earn cash on my first trip to Canada?

The best way to earn cash on your first trip to Canada is to sign up for a credit card with a good rewards program. Look for cards that offer cash back or travel rewards for purchases made in Canada. You can also save money by using cashback apps or shopping at stores that offer discounts for travelers.

2. Do I need a passport to travel to Canada?

Yes, a valid passport is required for all travelers entering Canada, regardless of nationality. Your passport must also be valid for at least six months beyond your planned date of departure.

3. Can I use my U.S. dollars in Canada?

While some businesses in Canada may accept U.S. dollars, it is recommended to exchange your currency for Canadian dollars before your trip. You can exchange your money at banks, currency exchange offices, or at the airport. Keep in mind that you may be charged a fee for currency exchange.

4. What documents do I need to enter Canada?

In addition to a valid passport, you may also need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) depending on your country of citizenship. It is important to check the entry requirements for Canada before your trip to ensure you have all necessary documents.

5. Are there any entry restrictions or customs regulations I should be aware of?

Yes, there are certain restrictions and regulations for entering Canada. You are not allowed to bring certain items, such as firearms, into the country. You may also need to declare any goods you are bringing into Canada and pay applicable duties and taxes. It is important to familiarize yourself with these regulations before your trip to avoid any issues at the border.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefpenny99
  • naekelsey
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies