• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tax on Shipping in Certain States?

The form might be confusing because it doesn't say that shipping is taxable. Guests might think that it is because the form doesn't say that.
heat123
Silver Member
Before using P3, in PP -my orders were not taxed on "shipment". I heard somewhere that some states were void from tax on shipping fees and I thought CA was one of those states?

I could be wrong but anyways I just noticed that since using P3 shipping was taxed? Just wanted to confirm that this is correct for CA we can be taxed on shipping or not, or how do I go about finding out? TIA!

Heather,

You can check the back of your receipts for this info. It is in the block about shipping and handling.

Just to let you know shipping and handling charges are taxable in all states except: AK,DC,DE,IA, ID,IL,MA,MT,NH,OH,OK,OR,UT AND WY.

ok, thanks Harriet! BTW, good to see you around here, it's been awhile! :)

Yes in CA we do tax the $4. On PP you had to enter yes or no on that issue. P# does it automatically. It is taxed because it is shipping and handling, (which the state taxes)

I was confused about that for a little while.With Previous Product Line and Certain Other Product Line that Friends Sold, they always taxed shipping. Now with PC, they don't do that in OH.Most people round up, so it's mostly not a big deal.

heat123 said:
ok, thanks Harriet! BTW, good to see you around here, it's been awhile! :)

Your welcome, Heather!:chef:

Di_Can_Cook said:
I was confused about that for a little while.

With Previous Product Line and Certain Other Product Line that Friends Sold, they always taxed shipping. Now with PC, they don't do that in OH.

Most people round up, so it's mostly not a big deal.

I noticed the same thing with another DS company in my state. PC doesn't tax the shipping but the other company did.

I really don't like the write-in order forms because of this. I always have guests total up their own order, they always add tax to the shipping because that's how the form is and they always charge themselves direct shipping charges! If I catch them, I do try to say something before they get the whole form filled out.

What is the "Tax on Shipping in Certain States"?

The "Tax on Shipping in Certain States" is a type of sales tax that is imposed on shipping and handling charges in select states in the United States.

Which states are subject to the "Tax on Shipping in Certain States"?

The states that currently have a "Tax on Shipping in Certain States" are Connecticut, Kansas, and Mississippi.

How is the "Tax on Shipping in Certain States" calculated?

The "Tax on Shipping in Certain States" is calculated based on the total cost of the shipping and handling charges for a purchase. The tax rate varies by state and can range from 0.1% to 7%.

Who is responsible for paying the "Tax on Shipping in Certain States"?

The responsibility for paying the "Tax on Shipping in Certain States" falls on the seller or retailer, rather than the customer. It is the seller's responsibility to collect and remit the tax to the state.

Are there any exemptions to the "Tax on Shipping in Certain States"?

Some states may have exemptions to the "Tax on Shipping in Certain States" for certain types of purchases, such as groceries or prescription medications. It is important to check with your state's tax department for specific exemptions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • thechefofnorthbend
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KellyTheChef