• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tax on Shipping Not Calculating in on P3

In summary, the tax on shipping was not included in the price of the product, even though it is a required fee. Harriet was not able to figure out how to fix the issue, but she contacted Tech Support for help.
momoftwins
I just switched over to P3 from PP. I entered all of a show in PP and have not submitted it. So I need to enter a few things in that show in P3 - however, when I go to the orders they are all off by $.28 which is the tax on shipping - any idea how to fix this???? I can not figure it out. Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure exactly I was looking to see. Is the Zip code filled in correctly and the tax percentage?

Thanks Jennifer - I checked that thread - that gals state where the show was being shipped to did not have s/h tax. I have done many shows in this particular state (IA) and it does have s/h tax so I am clueless! I just may have to call tech support.

I found out from Tech Support on an issue I had yesterday that unless the shipping is within 100 miles of the area in which you reside it will not automatically add the sales tax and you should look it up on CC. The state the direct ship was going to had sales tax but not s&h tax.

Harriet - guess I am confused. My show is in IA (20 minutes from my house) which does have s/h tax - P+ is not calculating s/h tax. She always has her shows shipped to her husbands work which is in NE (also has s/h tax) when I clicked to ship to the shipping address the tax was correct. I am just totally confused. So now the tax is correct but before (when it was being shipped to IA) it was not.

I'm confused too. If it is fine now leave it alone unless it shows a warning sign next to the customer. I would check this out with Tech Support and then I would appreciate it if you would let me know what they say. Thanks.

Last edited:
I sent them an email and I will also call them on Monday morning. My host has not called me yet so more than likely I will be submitting it tomorrow or Monday. I do have to submit my sample order today though! I will definitely let you know what I find out! Thanks for all your help!

Sharisse:

I just looked at the back of my receipts. It shows s&h charges are not taxable in IA. Did this change?

1. Why is the tax on shipping not calculating on my P3 form?

There could be several reasons for this. The first thing to check is if your shipping rate is set up to include tax. If not, you will need to adjust your shipping settings to include tax. Additionally, make sure that the shipping address is within the same state or country as your business's location. If the shipping address is in a different location, the tax rate may be different and will need to be manually adjusted.

2. I have double-checked my settings, but the tax on shipping is still not calculating. What should I do?

If your settings are correct and the tax is still not calculating, there may be a glitch in the system. Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, and then refresh the page. If the issue persists, contact the P3 support team for further assistance.

3. Can I manually add the tax on shipping to the P3 form?

Yes, if the tax is not automatically calculating, you can manually add it to the P3 form. You can do this by adding a line item for tax on the shipping cost and adjusting the total amount accordingly. However, it is recommended to fix the issue with the automatic calculation to ensure accuracy.

4. I am shipping internationally. How do I calculate the tax on shipping for different countries?

The tax on shipping will vary for different countries, as each country has its own tax rates and regulations. You can either manually add the tax for each shipment or use a tax calculator tool to determine the correct amount. It is also recommended to consult with a tax professional for international shipping tax guidance.

5. Does the tax on shipping apply to all types of products?

This will depend on your business's location and the type of products you are shipping. In some cases, certain products may be exempt from shipping tax or have a different tax rate. It is best to consult with a tax professional or research your local tax laws to determine which products are subject to tax on shipping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• E R
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • heat123
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • etteluap70PC