• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taxes on Shipping for Pantry Orders - Strange Question

In summary, taxes on shipping for pantry orders are collected by the government to fund public services and programs. The amount of taxes is determined by the shipping address, package weight and size, and chosen shipping method. Typically, the responsibility of paying these taxes falls on the consumer or buyer, but some companies may include them in the overall price. All items shipped through a pantry order are subject to taxes, but there may be exemptions for essential goods like medication. However, these exemptions may vary depending on location and tax laws.
SandiLeigh
I have a strange question.

I have an ordered I entered in which the person only puchased pantry items.

I know the pantry items are not taxed but It doesn't charge tax on the shipping portion of this order. Isn't the shipping supposed to be taxed?

Is there something different I have to do when they only buy Panty items?

Not all places have taxes on shipping - here in Illinois we don't so that could be the case for you.

It is a funny thing when customers order only non-taxable items. In that instance, the shipping is not taxed either.

I live in a state that doesn't tax the shipping so I don't have an answer for you.

chefann said:
It is a funny thing when customers order only non-taxable items. In that instance, the shipping is not taxed either.

I've noticed this, too. In PA, shipping is taxable, but when the person is only ordering pantry items, the shipping doesn't get taxed. Strange!

hmm - when I put an persons order up - it automatically puts .35 in the tax area - so I guess its taxed in NY too -

What is the purpose of taxes on shipping for pantry orders?

Taxes on shipping for pantry orders are a way for the government to collect revenue on goods being transported from one location to another. This revenue helps fund public services and programs.

How are taxes on shipping for pantry orders determined?

The amount of taxes on shipping for pantry orders is determined by the shipping address, the weight and size of the package, and the shipping method chosen. These factors are used to calculate the applicable tax rate.

Who is responsible for paying taxes on shipping for pantry orders?

The responsibility of paying taxes on shipping for pantry orders typically falls on the consumer or the buyer. However, some companies may include the taxes in the overall price of the product.

What items are subject to taxes on shipping for pantry orders?

Generally, all items shipped through a pantry order are subject to taxes on shipping. This includes food, household items, and other goods being transported from one location to another.

Are there any exemptions to taxes on shipping for pantry orders?

In some cases, certain items may be exempt from taxes on shipping for pantry orders, such as essential goods like medication or medical supplies. However, these exemptions may vary depending on the location and specific tax laws.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
kam
  • Tracy99