• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tax on Seasonings on a Host Order

In summary, the host ordered 2 seasonings and for some reason, P3 is taxing them. The tech support guy said that if a host orders both product and food, they are taxed on the full product amount including the food.
momoftwins
I am entering a show and the host ordered 2 seasonings. For some reason (there is no tax on food in NE) P3 is taxing her seasonings. Anyone know what is going on?? I am on hold for tech support now. Thanks in advance!

This may come across wrong but it is not a put down question.

Are you showing the host with a NE address? Sometimes if you put in the wrong info or shipping address things like this happen.

When you find out what happened please share with us so we can learn from it. Thanks.

Is the tax showing for sure for the items, or is it only for the shipping?

I vaguely remember this coming up a few months back. I think it was some kind of glitch that apparently hasn't been fixed yet.

Everything is correct in P3 as far as the state, tax rate, etc. The tech support guy said that (even in PP) if a host orders both product and food they are taxed on the full product amount including the food. Even if food is nontaxable.

The only reason I ran across this today is because I met with a host to close her show and I totaled her order by hand when I met her at her work. I noticed the difference when I entered her order into P3 once I got home.

This is definitely a glitch that needs to be fixed. The tech support guy didn't seem to mind that this was happening and in fact seemed like this is normal and okay.

That's odd. I tried entering an order with just a seasoning, just a product and then both and the only thing it showed taxing is the product. Could there have been an update to P3 you didn't get?

Why would he tell you that?? If that's the way it works, what use are the order forms? lol What a goober!

Last edited:
My P3 is set up to tax seasonings b/c AL taxes everything the same. The tax rate in your P3 has been changed to tack seasonings. You need to set it back to 0% tax for pantry items.

Sorry, I jsut read where you said everything in P3 was correct.

I've noticed that when it's a host, they like to give the seasoning for free. That means the extra product will always be taxable. We can't choose what is free so it automatically chooses non-taxable stuff first. Not sure if this is what's happening in your case, but it sure annoyed me when this happened.

Jules711 said:
I've noticed that when it's a host, they like to give the seasoning for free. That means the extra product will always be taxable. We can't choose what is free so it automatically chooses non-taxable stuff first. Not sure if this is what's happening in your case, but it sure annoyed me when this happened.

I had this happen before. I was giving the spice to the host as a free gift. I already had their payment taken care of but every time I tried to put the spice in, it kept coming up with extra tax. I finally just submitted it.

What is "Tax on Seasonings on a Host Order"?

"Tax on Seasonings on a Host Order" refers to the sales tax that is applied to any seasonings purchased through a host order. This tax is typically calculated based on the total cost of the seasonings and is added on top of the purchase price.

How is the tax on seasonings on a host order calculated?

The tax on seasonings on a host order is typically calculated as a percentage of the total cost of the seasonings. This percentage may vary depending on the location and applicable tax laws.

Do I have to pay tax on seasonings on a host order?

Yes, unless you are exempt from paying sales tax, you will be required to pay tax on seasonings on a host order. This tax is used to fund local and state government programs and services.

Are all seasonings subject to tax on a host order?

In most cases, yes. However, there may be some exceptions depending on the specific tax laws in your area. It is best to check with your local government or tax authority to determine which seasonings are subject to tax on a host order.

Is the tax on seasonings on a host order included in the listed price?

In most cases, no. The tax on seasonings on a host order is typically added on top of the listed price and is not included in the total cost of the seasonings. This helps to ensure that the correct amount of tax is collected and remitted to the appropriate tax authority.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• E R
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Tracy99