• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Phone Phobia and Bookings - Great Info

In summary, there is an epidemic called phone-aphobia that affects Pampered Chef Consultants when they need to make calls for bookings. Symptoms include avoiding the phone, developing a stutter, and finding excuses to not make calls. The cure is to consistently make calls and set goals for the number of calls to make. Some tips for getting bookings include calling family and past hosts, offering incentives, and advertising. It is important to believe in yourself and not give up. This information was shared by Director Tammy Boswell on the Director Loop and includes suggestions from Helaine Balsamo and Don Funt.
Bren706
Gold Member
This was posted on my cluster's loop.

ATTENTION, ATTENTION, ATTENTION!!

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCMENT!!

This just in--there is an epidemic sweeping the nation! It is called phone-aphobia and it tends to strike Pampered Chef Consultants especially when they need to call hosts or follow-up on the booking lead from last June.

Symptoms include:
*you walk past your phone and stare at it like it will attack you
*you shout "Hallelujah" when you get a busy signal
*you suddenly develop a stutter
*you try to pick up the phone and suddenly you have an irresistible urge to take out the trash or do more laundry
*you decide to catch up on your emails and you justify spending several hours because "at least you are reading about Pampered Chef stuff"
*you walk around your house practicing different ways to start your conversation, "Hi Mary, Hello Mary, Howdy Mary..."
*when someone answers the phone, you run to the front door and ring the doorbell and say, "Oh my, someone's at my door. I'll call you later."

The Cure: MAKE THOSE CALLS!
Just pick up the phone and DO IT! The only way to get over the fear is to make calls consistently.
Schedule a number of calls to make before a designated time and then reward yourself when you reach that number. Of course, eating a whole box of cookies after making one call is NOT the best thing to do.

Maybe start with a 10-minute period then build up daily and weekly. Believe in yourself. You can do it!

And if you need a big pat on the back, email or call your director and I will make you feel GREAT!!

There are great perks for doing cooking shows...the only way to book shows is to make calls.

Repeat after me: "The phone is my friend...the phone is my friend...the phone is my friend!!"

Make the time, take the time, dial the phone!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

I NEED A BOOKING....TODAY!!

This information came from Director Tammy Boswell. It was share with the Director Loop.

Imagine...for a minute that your life depends on getting 3 more bookings on your calendar by Friday. What would you do??? Sometimes we are mistaken to think that our calendar is filled only at kitchen shows. YOU are in charge of your calendar and getting the shows booked the you want to do. What if your life DID depend on getting three bookings immediately?? Here are some suggestions of what you could do....try them and see if they work!!!!!

"Pick up the Phone"
1. Call 10 people a day and don't stop with 3 bookings.
2. Family members for past promises.
3. Call past hostesses to renew 10% discount.
4. Host your own show; have an open house.
5. Gift for current host that has 2 bookings when you walk in the door.
6. Call outside orders from shows.
7. Offer a FREE new fall product.
8. Offer to bring the food for the show; Express Show.
9. Call during "Power Hour."
10. Wear PC clothes and jewelry everywhere for the next week.
11. Check old receipts for lots of circled items.
12. Call up for favors.
13. Exchange shows with other Direct Sales representatives.
14. Mystery Hostess show
15. Customer Care calls
16. Product interest calls—“Out of the box” calls—just calling to see if your product is “out of the box” and how you like it!
17. Call and share the discontinued list
18. Take PC fudge to Doctor's office (from cookie press)
19. Ask your tax preparer to have a show
20. Drop new catalogs with flyers off at bank, doctors, nail salon, etc.
21. Promote the new catalog
22. Specific dates get specific gifts
23. Go to mall and advertise what you do
24. Raffle a non-PC item along with PC items
25. Have a couples show
26. Offer gifts/gift certificates
27. E-mail specials to everyone.
28. Offer to write and send invitations for host.
29. School bingo's and functions; donate PC gift certificate
30. All show incentives, designed for host.
31. Pass out info to Moms, coworkers, friends, and follow-up immediately.
32. Call past high show host.
33. Run a contest for all prospective hostesses-make it good.
34. Call all past leads. (Maybes and yes)
35. Call church/school for fundraiser
36. Plan social event at your house for kids and parents
37. Call anyone you're involved with in Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, sports, nursery schools, etc.
38. Ask spouse to ask his work people to have a show.
39. Talk up "THEME SHOWS."
40. Talk about your business-ALWAYS!
41. E-mail database
42. Have bookings log
43. "Call-In" show
44. Call anyone who hasn't rescheduled from their postponement date.
45. Discount at different times, EX: 25% off for first week, 15% off for second week of the month, etc.
46. Door prize slips with specials marked; it's now your hostess special.
47. Free stone/free cookbook
48. Do a fair booth
49. Book your fence-sitter recruit leads
50. Follow through with everything and don't ever give up!

:chef:thanks to Helaine Balsamo and Don Funt for sharing :chef:

What perfect timing. I have been putting off the phone calls and I AM going to do at least 1 hr's worth tonight. :)

Thanks I needed that!

Thanks for posting! I think we all need these once in a while! :)

I LOVE this and will copy this off to my team or put it in a newsletter!!! Thank you!

Those a SUPER ideas. I was just calling my director the other day telling her how nervous I was about making calls. She told me that if you want to build you business, this is a big part of your business. I hope that nervousness goes away. I really need to supplement my income and earn BIG money with PC!!! Anyone up for the challenge>?

great ideas

Thanks so much for posting this!! I am at work and can't read it right now, but I copied it and emailed it home!!

This is great info!!! LOVE IT!

1. What is phone phobia and how does it affect bookings?

Phone phobia, also known as telephone anxiety or telephobia, is the fear or aversion of making or receiving phone calls. This can greatly impact bookings as it may prevent individuals from reaching out to potential customers or following up with previous clients, ultimately hindering their ability to generate sales and bookings.

2. How can I overcome phone phobia in order to increase bookings?

There are various techniques that can help individuals overcome phone phobia, such as practicing deep breathing exercises, visualizing successful phone calls, and gradually exposing oneself to more phone conversations. Additionally, seeking support from a therapist or joining a support group can also be beneficial.

3. Can phone phobia be a disadvantage in the Pampered Chef business?

Yes, phone phobia can be a disadvantage in any business, including Pampered Chef. As a sales consultant, being able to confidently and effectively communicate with potential customers is crucial for success. However, there are alternative ways to reach out to potential clients, such as through email or social media, which can be utilized if phone phobia is a hindrance.

4. Are there any tips for making phone calls less intimidating?

Some tips for making phone calls less intimidating include preparing a script or outline beforehand, practicing active listening, and reminding yourself of the benefits of making the call (such as potential bookings or sales). It can also be helpful to have a positive and confident mindset before making the call.

5. How can I use phone calls to effectively book parties and events?

Phone calls can be a powerful tool for booking parties and events. To effectively use phone calls, it's important to have a clear and concise pitch, actively listen to the potential host's needs and concerns, and offer incentives or promotions to entice them to book. Following up with a thank you call or email can also help solidify the booking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Bren706
  • milkangel
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies