• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Fear: A Phone Call Success Story

In summary, Sheila overcame her fear just barely tonight and made three contacts. She is trying to make the phone her friend, but is frustrated today because she has been trying to contact her host for Feb. 25, but has not been successful.
kcmckay
Gold Member
Well I overcame my fear just barely tonight. I picked up the phone. I started with host coaching call got VM no biggie. Called a recruit/show lead got a March show booked not ready for business right now (will work on in host coaching) Called catalog show lead got her willing to do it for February and close by the 27th! Called another got VM. I did make 3 contacts though because I asked someone at work to do a show that has been owing me forever! She declined but said she'd go to other coworkers March show! So not a bad day could have done better but baby steps to make the phone my friend. Just wanted to share and account myself. Also posted on FB incentive to get some last minute cooking, catty or web orders. Had message for website for friend that wants to order. And my cousin in AZ jokingly posted a response to something about a Saturday show! If I could afford the airfare I'd do it! LOL

Congrats on the effort!! I am trying hard to make the phone my friend too but I'm so frustrated today because for 2 weeks I have been trying to contact my host for Feb 25 to no avail. She's my past hosts best friend too so I'm even more irritated.

:thumbup: It's a great start! :D

Sheila this is off topic but are you going to Conference? I think they should have you speak because you are amazing! You always seem to know how to inspire on here and I'm sure that you are a hero to many!! :)

I need to challenge myself with the phone more, starting today!! and as for your cousin in Arizona what about a catalog show or I did a skype show for my MIL and her friends in South Carolina...it was fun and sales were over $1,000.

WOOHOO!! way to go!

1. How can I overcome my fear of making phone calls?

There are a few strategies you can use to overcome your fear of making phone calls. First, try practicing what you want to say beforehand. This will help build your confidence and make you more comfortable with the conversation. It's also important to remember that making mistakes is natural and part of the learning process. Additionally, focusing on the purpose of the call and how it can benefit you or the person you're calling can help alleviate fear and nervousness. Lastly, don't be afraid to take breaks and practice deep breathing techniques to calm yourself down.

2. What if I freeze up or forget what I wanted to say during a phone call?

If you freeze up or forget what you wanted to say during a phone call, don't panic. Take a deep breath and try to relax. You can also politely ask the person on the other end of the line to give you a moment to gather your thoughts. It's okay to take a pause and collect yourself. If you need to, you can also refer to any notes or prompts you have prepared beforehand to help guide the conversation.

3. How do I handle rejection or negative responses during a phone call?

Rejection or negative responses are a natural part of making phone calls. It's important to remember not to take it personally and to stay professional and polite. Acknowledge the person's response and try to understand their perspective. You can also use this as an opportunity to learn and improve for future phone calls. Remember to stay positive and keep practicing, as rejection is a common experience in any type of sales or communication.

4. Can I use the same strategies for overcoming phone call fear in different situations?

Yes, many of the strategies for overcoming phone call fear can be applied to different situations. For example, practicing beforehand, focusing on the purpose, and taking breaks to calm yourself down can be useful in any type of conversation or interaction. These techniques can also be applied in public speaking or networking situations. The key is to find what works best for you and adapt it to different scenarios.

5. How can I build my confidence and become more comfortable with making phone calls?

Building confidence and becoming more comfortable with making phone calls takes practice and patience. Start by setting small goals for yourself, such as making one phone call a day or practicing with a friend or family member. As you become more comfortable, you can gradually increase the difficulty of the calls. It's also important to celebrate your successes and remember that every call is a learning experience. Over time, your confidence and comfort level will improve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Dutchess
  • Humble Beginnings
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • loreedfk