• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Woohoo! Facing My Phone Fear Has Paid Off!

In summary, Kristy overcame her fear of the phone by putting in a lot of effort in one night and achieved some great results.
khergatt
Well, I decided tonight I was going to STOP being afraid of my phone. I shut myself in my office and got busy!

In just one night of calls, I got . . .
2 February cooking shows
2 February catalog shows
1 March cooking show
4 possible recruit leads

WOW!!! I CAN do this! YOU can, too!!!!

Alright...so what did you say??

Great job!!!

Stephanie

Excellent job!!! I need to take a lesson from you!!

That's awesome!!! :) Congrats!!

Wonderful!
How did you go about getting the recruit leads?

I just told them that I was really excited about what PC was offering in the near future and asked if they had a few minutes to chat!

ChefSteph - My March and one of my February shows are in Elyria! They are friends from high school and a friend from the church I used to go to when I lived there.

The recruit leads I just started talking and asking questions and it just happened!

I need to work on that phone thing...I have such a hard time starting a conversation! I'm wonderful with email and mailings but phone calls...I need help/tips!

khergatt said:
Well, I decided tonight I was going to STOP being afraid of my phone. I shut myself in my office and got busy!

In just one night of calls, I got . . .
2 February cooking shows
2 February catalog shows
1 March cooking show
4 possible recruit leads

WOW!!! I CAN do this! YOU can, too!!!!

Kristy, that is amazing news! Way to go! I bet you are on such a high after accomplishing so much in one night. What a great boost to your business, too!

Great job Kristy!
Woooo-hoooo you faced your fear and are still alive!! And look at what you accomplished! You should feel very proud of yourself!

Sometimes it is hard for me to pick up the phone, but now I just remind myself (and my family) that I am DIALING FOR DISNEY!! ;)

That is awesome Kristy!

I just talked to my DH last night about scheduling time that he and the kids might leave the house or play on the XBox, so I can make calls. I need to get those show's booked, especially since I told my three kids Mom was taking them to Disney World next year. :eek:

I have the tracking chart on my closet door in my bedroom, which is where my "office" is. The boys are constantly asking when we are going. I CAN NOT and WILL NOT let my children down!

I hope to be able to post some great result like you come Sunday night. My goal is to book February and March by the end of the weekend. I would like to throw in some recruit leads/interviews also.;)

Kristy - How many calls did you make in that one night? I'll start my calls then only get through about two or three on my list before I have to stop to take care of my family. I want to get more consistent with my calls.

Krista
Goals for 2009:
1. Disney Level 3
2. $15000 in career sales by May
3. 6 shows a month consistently

pamperedpals said:
That is awesome Kristy!

I just talked to my DH last night about scheduling time that he and the kids might leave the house or play on the XBox, so I can make calls. I need to get those show's booked, especially since I told my three kids Mom was taking them to Disney World next year. :eek:

I have the tracking chart on my closet door in my bedroom, which is where my "office" is. The boys are constantly asking when we are going. I CAN NOT and WILL NOT let my children down!

I hope to be able to post some great result like you come Sunday night. My goal is to book February and March by the end of the weekend. I would like to throw in some recruit leads/interviews also.;)

I need to do this as well, it never fails that I finally sit down to make calls and then the kids start coming in to ask questions. I also promised Disney and WILL NOT let them down...... I need to get February booked!

I guess I have a fear of the phone as well -- at least I always come up with a zillion excuses why I can't do it "right now". You are certainly encouraging.

Gosh I've GOT to do this. It's been on my mind to do every evening this week, but I always find something ELSE to do.
I think I can....I think I can......I think I can..........! Great Job Kristy--you've got me motivated now.

I am an empty nester, so I can not use the kids as an excuse. I suggest though, that you let your kids know, that in order to get to Disney, you need to make calls, and you can not do that when they interrupt you.

mrssyvo said:
I am an empty nester, so I can not use the kids as an excuse. I suggest though, that you let your kids know, that in order to get to Disney, you need to make calls, and you can not do that when they interrupt you.[/QUOTE]

I have tried that, however, they don't seem to grasp the concept (they are 4 and 3). Part of the issue, is I am home by myself at night with the kids, because DH works until 8:00 pm and doesn't get to after 9:00 pm.

I think I am going to have them watch a Disney movie with their Mickey Mouse ear hats (that the PC fairy left them) while I am making calls and see if that helps.

Congratulations, Kristy!

My son told my DH today that he wants to go back to Disney (we were there in December- our first trip). But then he said "This time, let MOMMY pay for it. We have to help her with her Pampered Chef!". *uggh!* Guilt trip! I have SUCH A HARD time with the phone too. But I have two little boys counting on me to get it done.

(my other thread about this....got some great advice if you want to read them. Going to try to do some things this weekend.)

Way to go! Congrats.

That is so awesome for you! The phone is one of my biggest challenges as well-but it sounds like you are doing a great job of overcoming that.

What is "Woohoo! Facing My Phone Fear Has Paid Off!"?

"Woohoo! Facing My Phone Fear Has Paid Off!" is a blog post written by a Pampered Chef consultant about their experience overcoming their fear of using the phone for their business.

Why is it important for Pampered Chef consultants to overcome phone fear?

Using the phone is an essential part of building and maintaining relationships with customers and potential customers. Overcoming phone fear can lead to increased sales and growth for a Pampered Chef business.

What tips are shared in the blog post for overcoming phone fear?

The blog post shares tips such as setting a goal for the number of phone calls to make each day, practicing with a friend or family member, and focusing on the purpose and value of each call.

How can I apply these tips to my own Pampered Chef business?

You can start by setting a goal for the number of phone calls to make each day and making a plan for how to practice and improve your phone skills. Additionally, you can reflect on the purpose and value of each call to help overcome any fears or hesitations.

Can I share this blog post with other Pampered Chef consultants?

Yes, you can share this blog post with other Pampered Chef consultants who may also benefit from the tips and insights shared in the post. Sharing knowledge and experiences can help support and motivate each other in our businesses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Dutchess
Replies