• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Phone Phobia: Tips for Improving Your Phone Time and Bookings

It sounds like you're doing everything you can to make the calls, but you may want to consider hiring a telemarketing help to help you with the calls.
LBurke
What is up with people not answering the phone or returning phone calls? My goal for the year was to up the phone time to get over my phone phobia. I've spent 3 hours on the phone with leads from recent expos and old shows this week and got ONE booking! ARGH!
Anyone having tips on figuring this out? Is it the night I'm calling? Is it just my leads? Is it me? My director set me a goal of booking three shows this week and I feel like I've failed miserably cause I've only gotten one booking.

On the brighter side, I'm definitely getting over the phone phobia!!!

Caller IDA blessing and a curse! LOL

Debbie :D

Laurie,
People are busy, don't take it personally. T~ball, baseball & softball have already started in our area. That is one reason I reach out to them by email & postcards

I've given this advice before from listening to training tapes.

When you call people make it personal. Tell them you were thinking about them. Mention the stone they purchased how you were using yours that night and wanted to know how they were enjoying theirs. Then tell them about how the PC has the best monthly host specials you have ever seen since you started selling, can you tell her about them. Sell it like you are doing them a favor. It's all about them.

Others have tried the, "My director gave me a goal of 3 bookings tonight, can you help me?"

I personally like doing the "It's all about them route."

Good Luck!

I have been having the exact same problem! I have seven women express an intrest in booking shows and I can get all but one of them to call me back. And three are friends. Two of them have been shifting dates since December! I have nothing at this point for March and one fo April. I was also working on my phone phobia but am really discouraged. I'm hoping a couple of the calls I made tonight finally call me back.
Jessica

Try using your cell phone. We did a "Cook and Book" with consultants in our cluster a few weeks ago where they actually called many booking leads. Most people got in touch with people because everyone had to use their cell phones. At least I think that's what it was. The director whose house this "Cook and Book" was at used her actual office land line phone and got in touch with nobody! Hmmmmmm, gotta make you wonder.

Here are the things I had found out when I was a telemarketer.:angel:

1. don't call during lunch or dinner time.

2.when you do get to talk to the person be polite and smile! Believe it or not they can hear a smile in your voice.:p

3.Ask them if they have time to chat if they don't ask them if you can call them back, get them to tell you when they like for you to call.

4.If they are not home much ask them if they like to have the free recipe of the month club. I have gotten more orders by the recipe of the month.

5. A lot of the women I have talked to like the no pressure sales, and they love to chat with you when their husband is not home. I have found a lot of hubby's don't think women need to buy more stuff these can be the ones that are hanging up on you.
:p
Just keep up with it you will get some more bookings.Just be genuine in what you say and above all else remember everyone has a bad day once in a while don't let it get to you.:p

First, YOU GOT A BOOKING! Way to go! I say, just look at the bright side - you made your calls and got a booking. That booking can turn into 2 more shows, which can turn into 4 more shows, and so on. I worked a fair 4 years ago and "only" got one booking that day - I was so bummed. But, that one booking has resulted in about 30 shows that originated with that one host, and they still keep booking with me! So, don't look down on that "one" booking - feel proud of yourself. And, you should just be proud you got on the phone and made some calls if that's your challenge. I used to do the "100 No's" list - I'd call or talk to enough people in a week/2 weeks to try to get 100 No's (booking, recruiting, sales, whatever), so when someone actually said "Yes", it was like "WOW", since I was already prepared to be disappointed. Make sense?? Hang in there - it'll get easier!! I promise!

Not only did you get 1 booking, but there is still tomorrow. I have found if I call between 9 am and 10 am I get more people home. Wait until 10 and everyone's out and about already.

I have gone through that too. Calling and leaving messages.

Two weeks ago I booked 4 shows in one day. I have a binder with tabs for each month and lined notebook paper in between.

Once I have left a message for someone that month, I move them to the next month. If they say maybe in the summer, I move them to May for their next call etc.

I heard once that sometimes it takes 12-13 times of being asked a questions to say yes. So if you ask them 11 times and give up, the next consultant comes along and asks 1 time and gets the booking.

Don't take them off your list if they have said yes or maybe until they tell you no.

I agree with everyone and great job on the 1 booking.

Also, don't ask if this is a "good" time to chat, ask if it's an "ok" time to chat. It is harder to say know to ok, because it is probably not a good time, but it may be an ok time. I learned this at conference in one of the classes I took. It they still indicate they cannot talk now - get a day and time to call back so you are calling when they previously told you would be a good time.

What is Phone Time - Vent Alert?

Phone Time - Vent Alert is a feature on the Pampered Chef mobile app that allows you to set reminders for when your oven or stovetop needs to be checked.

How does it work?

You can set a timer for your oven or stovetop by entering the cooking time and temperature on the app. When the timer goes off, you will receive a notification on your phone to check your food.

Can I customize the alerts?

Yes, you can choose from a variety of alert sounds and vibrations to suit your preference.

Does it only work for Pampered Chef products?

No, Phone Time - Vent Alert can be used for any oven or stovetop, not just Pampered Chef products.

Is it free to use?

Yes, Phone Time - Vent Alert is a free feature on the Pampered Chef mobile app.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
TinaOuellette
  • heat123
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies