• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Your Career Fair Success: Tips for Exhibiting at a Local College

In summary, the business is having a career fair for students at a local 2 year college. They are providing a handout and donating an item for a door prize drawing. They are also networking with the culinary students.
crissy11
Gold Member
I got in for a booth at a local 2 year college. They are having a career fair for the college kids plus the high school seniors and their parents.
Last year there were 700 students that came through not counting parents and faculty.
I have to have a hand out about my biz for each student. I am going to this with my director so we can split the cost of handouts.
I ordered the mini catalogs and the your life your way folded over sheet flier. We plan on setting up the kit.
I would like some kind of poster board or something with how much money they could make by doing certain amount of shows a month. I am just at a lost. I know it is going to be hectic to be able to explain our biz to each person.. I am planning on doing a door prize drawing but would like to have the slip geared more toward that age group and basic.
Any ideas??
The booth is Feb. 4th from 8:30-3:00
It is free plus the surrounding culinary art students are feeding us lunch and are having a hospitality room for us with snacks and drinks.
For exchange: we have a handout for each student and donate an item for a door prize drawing among the businesses.

Do not forget to network with the Culinary students. They will be a great source for you. Many of us and having wonderful success recruiting or making great customers from Culinary Arts students or graduates.

What a wonderful opportunity!! Good luck!

When I've done career fairs in the past, I've had recruiting packets (which it seems like you have well in hand). After doing several, and not having much success with drawing slips, I started a sign-up list, with spots for information, and then check boxes for what they were interested in...email newsletter, hosting a show, becoming a consultant.

It seemed to me like the mentality was much different than at a craft fair. People weren't interested in a drawing, they were interested in information.

I'll see if I can find the form I created and post it.

I had a couple of recruits and several shows from my career fairs. Good luck!!!

Found it faster than I thought I would...

Attachments

34 KB · Views: 315
This is a great idea and will speed the line up also.. Thank you soo much

You're welcome! It's nice to know I still got it!!! hehehehehehe

bumping to see if there are anymore suggestions

What products will be featured at the booth?

We will have a variety of our top-selling kitchen tools and cookware available for demonstration and purchase at our booth.

Do you offer any special discounts or promotions at the career fair?

Yes, we will be offering exclusive discounts and promotions for career fair attendees. Be sure to stop by our booth to take advantage of these great deals!

Can I sign up to become a consultant at the career fair?

Absolutely! Our booth will have information and sign-up forms for those interested in joining the Pampered Chef team as a consultant. Our representatives will also be available to answer any questions you may have.

Will there be any cooking demonstrations at the booth?

Yes, we will have live cooking demonstrations throughout the day featuring some of our most popular products. You won't want to miss out on trying some delicious samples!

What are the benefits of working for Pampered Chef?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you will have the opportunity to earn flexible income, receive discounts on products, and attend exclusive training and events. You will also have the support and guidance of a dedicated team to help you succeed in your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefloretta
  • jennc112
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
jennc112
Replies
Views
Wildfire