• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Successful Booth at Local Fair: Sales, Bookings, and New Customers!

In Summary, Jane's setup at the local county fair was very successful. She had two 6-hour shifts and made $141.50 in sales. She also met a man and a couple who have never used or heard of Pampered Chef, and she plans to contact them next week.
pcchefjane
Gold Member
I am so excited! I worked 2 6-hour shifts at the local County Fair Thursday (opening day) and today! I had $141.50 in sales!! One paid in cash and one paid by credit card! One of the ladies said she would go look at the mini-catalog I gave her (doesn't have a computer) and would call me if she decided to get more things!:) Talked to one lady who is getting married November 15th and wants to put in all PC in her "new" kitchen!:love: She is in her late 30s to early 40s, so she is really excited! I met him too and she is going online to pick out what she wants! I told her if it totalled over $150 in sales, I would let her count it as a Show and she could get free stuff! She was really excited about that! Talked to a couple who had never heard of PC but he loves to cook.:chef: They too want to check out my website and maybe do a Show. I got 11 "new customers" who want my newsletters and specials, but don't want to do a show, just "place orders"! I also got 8 ladies who want to book Shows! WOOHOO!:love::love::D Used the Pampered Pool idea I got on here and have 25 squares filled now! Want to get those other 25 filled but if they don't in the next week, I am just going to draw a name for the $50 instead of $100! I more than got my money's worth out of what I paid of my share of the booth! I handed out some of the recipe "thank you for visiting my booth" on Thursday that I got from here then got a Director (not mine) who helped at the booth to sell me some of the older recipe cards for today! I put my info tags on them and they really helped start some great conversations! I have another booth locally in October so I am spending part of my commission from September on more recipe cards to pass out! That seems to be the best thing to give! People want to try to recipes and won't throw away that card!:chef:

Anyway, just had to celebrate! So far I have one Catalog Show coming in over $300, those two orders which with a little help could be a Show, and one other Cooking Show that has $82 now and hope to close it at $150 or above. I know some people have huge Shows but I just haven't gotten there yet! I know that I will though with some of these new contacts!

I plan on calling them next Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday. I also plan to send them all my October Tasty Tidbits newsletter so they will know I am thinking of them! They all said they wanted to receive my newsletter! Thought I would put in a blurb like, "Hey to all my new friends I met at the Foothills Country Fair on September 25th or 27th! I look forward to helping you with your Pampered Chef needs/wants in the coming months!" Does that sound corny or okay? Please help me with those things!

Course all 8 ladies who entered the drawing for a "Free Show" are winners, don't you know!:thumbup: I will let them know that as well!

I can't thank all of you who have shared ideas, "what works", and suggestions/encouragements with me since I joined in July! This website has more than paid me back on the money I put into it when I joined!

Also forgot to add that while eating lunch at Chick-Fil-A on Friday, a lady came up to me and asked if I sold PC. I had on my logo t-shirt and my Catalog Tote sitting on the table. Long story short...I drove up to my place and got a "Ask me how this bag can change your life" packet (DVD, YLYW brochure, Come Join Us brochure) and took it back to her. She currently sells Avon (which she says she doesn't make much money at), works 15 hours a week at CFA, and owns a business of some sort! She is looking for something she can make money at and spend more time at home! We have a call with my Hospitality Director on Monday! WOOHOO! I may have my first recruit. She wants to "save up" the $155 but I told her about the signing/qualifying special and she may want to sign ASAP!

Sounds like you had a great Fair! Keep up the good work, and don't forget to have fun with you PC.

Lucky Lucky girl.....

Way to go Jane!

Good Job Jane! I'm working at a fair this weekend. I missed the earlier post -- what was your set up like, and please tell me about the drawing.

I used the form from here. After using the recipe from here vs the recipe cards yesterday, I highly recommend ordering the colored recipe cards on a supply order. I attached labels with my name, phone#, email, and PWS address. I got a lot of compliments on them. People will keep them better than a business card. I tweaked the drawing slip and recipe sheet for my purposes.

I got the setup ideas from here. We put the tables in a U-shape. Left side had pictures from the Kids in the Kitchen Workshop and flyers for them. Also the new catalog in sheet protectors for anyone to flip through or for me to look up a price! I also had a display board with pictures from CN showing all the new products. I only have the Grinder Set right now. The middle table had my flipchart on it with pages on the Forged Cutlery, SA, and Cookware. That way I could look at the specific points to say. We had the Trifle bowl in the center to put drawing slips in. I had my Tool Turnabout on the right side with various tools in it. The right table had the cookware, my large round stone with handles, 3 of the cookbooks, and my batter bowl recipe made for the brownies plus the flyer from last year listing all 4 recipes that can be done. I put a sign that said, "Order for 30-day delivery. Gift includes Small Batter Bowl, Skinny Scraper, recipe ingredients, and gift tag with recipe for $22.50 including shipping and tax." I discounted it some figuring I would "make it up" on volume!

I did not offer the "Free Show" drawing to everyone who talked with me. I only did that if they were genuinely interested in hosting a Show, even if it was "I'll think about it". The idea that came from here and I have heard my Hospitality Director say it as well is that you tell them what a "Free Show" is (Consultant brings all recipe ingredients, paper goods, recipes for each guest, product). I tell them I provide everything else including yummy food and lots of fun, you provide your kitchen and guests!

Hmmm...didn't realize you could see our bags, etc. under the tables! Our tablecloths weren't big enough for the tables to we had no place to "hide" our things we transported our stuff in.

The only thing I would be sure to have is clipboards so you can let people fill out the drawing slips or write orders without having to put the paperwork down on the tables.

Attachments

• Fair.jpg
    Fair.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 472
  • FAIR BOOTH RECIPE & COUPON CARD.doc
    119.5 KB · Views: 815
  • BOOTH DRAWING SLIP.doc
    38.5 KB · Views: 493
Last edited:
Bumping for Gail to see! Sorry...I was at my DD & SIL's and was trying to type and bounce the crying 6-week old granddaughter and left out some things!

Thanks for all the information. I am going to do my first fair (a PTA Flea Market) & had no clue where to begin. You offered a ton of ideas. Hopefully this will jumpstart my biz again. Thanks! :)

So Jane, did you end up getting orders for the batter bowls? I was thinking about doing this, but I have heard mixed results on it.

Not there... The other consultant who was working with me stood in front of the batter bowl so most people didn't see it on that shift.:cry: I did get some comments when I was able to show it to people. I am using it at the Apple Festival this weekend so maybe it will go better! I only get 4 hours there though so am not sure whether I will have a lot of time to talk to people.

What products do you sell at your booth?

At our booth at the local fair, we sell a variety of kitchen tools and accessories from Pampered Chef. This includes items such as cookware, bakeware, knives, and gadgets for food preparation and cooking.

Can I place an order for Pampered Chef products at the fair?

Yes, you can place an order for any Pampered Chef products at our booth during the fair. We accept both cash and credit card payments, and we will provide you with a receipt for your purchase. You can also place an order through our website or by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant.

Do you offer any special deals or promotions at the fair?

Yes, we often have special discounts and promotions at our booth during the local fair. These may include discounts on certain products, free gifts with purchase, or exclusive bundles. Be sure to stop by our booth to take advantage of these limited-time offers!

Can I sign up to become a Pampered Chef consultant at the fair?

Unfortunately, we do not offer sign-ups to become a Pampered Chef consultant at the local fair. However, you can visit our website or speak with one of our consultants at the fair to learn more about the benefits of becoming a consultant and how to get started.

Are there any cooking demonstrations or tastings at your booth?

Yes, we often have cooking demonstrations and tastings at our booth during the local fair. This allows you to see our products in action and taste some delicious recipes made with them. Make sure to check our schedule or ask our staff for more information on when these will take place.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjeanine
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • laurieandjaffy
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ChefShalon