• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

County and State Fair Booths Coming Up!

In summary, the county fair is 10 days with about the same hours as the state fair. It is from 9am-10pm everyday. I have made it shifts and priced every shift accordingly. The state fair is an 11 day fair and its from 9am-10pm everyday. I had made it shifts and priced every shift accordingly. The county fair is 10 days with about the same hours as the state fair. I am hoping someone on here has so I can get alittle bit of an idea of how it may be lol.
ChefShalon
Gold Member
I have booked my county and state fair this year! It is a very exciting oppurtinuty! For the county fair I have myself and my personal recruit doing it. For the state fair I have it opened to the entire team here. The state fair is an 11 day fair and its from 9am-10pm everyday, I had made it shifts and priced every shift accordingly. The county fair is 10 days with about the same hours.
Now I was wanting my Chef Success friends to brain storm with some ideas on set up and what you have done in the past?
Have any of you done booths in this magnitude? The biggest booth I have ever done was a two day bazaar.

ChefShalon,
I have never done a booth of the magnitude of the State Fair. We live in Missouri and go to our State Fair for 2-4 days. We always have the same lady there, and I am only writing this because she frustrates me and I want to help you to not do the same. I have went into that booth every year for the past 10 years and that lady has never even said hello. This was before I ever became a consultant, and would have had a party or placed a fairly large order, but she never approached me. I even stood around some years waiting to talk to her. Maybe because I have 6 children with me she thinks I wouldn't order? I don't know. I was a HO lead because no one asked me, and I would have signed with this lady several years ago, but just never even had the opportunity to talk with her. I hope this helps because I feel that I am rambling. Do you understand what I am trying to say? :)

I can't say I know exactly what you'll be facing with a county fair, but I did a State Garden Fair that was a weekend long last fall. I had a tent set up with a PC banner hanging from it and two tables in a "L" with products-mostly things for healthy eating, working with veggies/fruits (Garden Fair). I had apples to try the apple p/c/s, potatoes for the simple slicer (and the chip maker) and for peelers, cookbooks, garlic for the garlic gadgets, etc. As the last poster said, greet and talk to everyone! Invite them to try our products right there on the spot. Do a raffle to get their info. Although I had visitors from all over our state and other states as well, I had more sales than expected, enough to cover my fee and then some. Plus I did get bookings and a recruit!

Don't take the farm! As with any vendor event, have key items to demo and see, have a large display board with all the benefits of hosting a show, have a current catalog in a binder with page protectors, then hand out old catalogs and current mini's.

Wear extremely comfortable shoes, and don't sit down! I also put my white square PC table cloth on the ground as a mat and it really seemed to impress people! It made it nicer to stand on and more inviting.

Yes we will not be sitting down, actually going to have soft padded flooring that I will add. I have a Banner that was made for me with all the bennfits of booking a show.
I am just really looking for people who have dealt with booths of this magnitude. As I have the shifts covered by 2 consultants at a time with floaters if we have too much traffic. Will this be enough. Our state fair gets around 60000 people.
I am hoping someone on here has so I can get alittle bit of an idea of how it may be lol

I will also be posting are results from it, my results then team..

Listen to the CD training booths build business. First thing is to remove the "give" mentality from your presentation - unless you choose to give away free PC recipe cards. Instead, you want to "take" NAPEF - name, address, phone, email, fax. Some people do a drawing - keep it simple! Some people do a grand prize drawing, then selected others will win a cooking show... give your grand prize to the first person who books a show, telling them after the fair, then all the others win a free cooking show. For these free shows, do low-cost items like veggie grilling show or taffy apple pizza or tomato basil squares.There is a lot more if you search for fairs and booths on here. Good luck! You're on the right track.

Hey all, I said I was going to give you the results of the State Fair. It eneded this past weekend. I personnally had 98 leads with 12 bookings on the calendar with 9 in september, 44 booking leads, 8 recruit leads, $200 in orders. I am also doing an event at a hotel this friday and i invited over 250 people from the fair. As a team we got over 500 leads, 28 bookings, over 160 booking leads, 30 recruit leads, and over $2000 in orders. The event at the hotel has some of the same people that help with the state fair and we have invited a total of 660 people to it. So I would even be happy with 1/6 of the people actually coming!

So if you ever get the opp. to do a state fair, DO IT!

Way to GO!!!

Great results ChefShalon!I'm doing my county fair this Saturday and can't wait. Sometimes the leads and bookings are enough to keep me going until Spring.

What products will be available at the fair booth?

At our fair booth, we will have a variety of our top-selling kitchen products available for purchase. This includes our famous stoneware, cookware, and kitchen gadgets.

What are the prices for the products at the fair booth?

Our prices at the fair booth are the same as our regular retail prices. However, we may have special promotions and discounts available exclusively for our fair customers.

Can I place an order for a specific product at the fair booth?

Yes, you can place an order for any product that we have available at the fair booth. Our consultants will be happy to assist you in placing an order and answer any questions you may have about our products.

Do you accept credit cards at the fair booth?

Yes, we accept all major credit cards at the fair booth. We also accept cash and checks as forms of payment.

Will there be any cooking demonstrations at the fair booth?

Yes, we will have live cooking demonstrations at our fair booth throughout the day. Our consultants will be showcasing our products and sharing tips and recipes for using them in your own kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• linojackie
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • chefjeanine
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • apriljc