• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating a Rough Week with PC: Dealing with Low Attendance and Confusion

In summary, this host is feeling frustrated with their show and their business. They are unsure if it's going to be successful.
Kathytnt
Bummed :rolleyes: - As a whole my experience with PC has been great. This week has not been great. First there was the awful Naughty Chef Party then my HWC was not great. Few people attended due to lots of kiddo birthday parties, graduations etc. Enough to make a show perhaps.

Confused :confused: Then my show on Sunday was low attendence too - Only one of the two guests orders 26.50 Even though I did all my regular host coaching. The thing that is the host doesn't want host benefits necessarily and wants to book another show in the next month or so. I don't know if this is a "I have $50 for my budget of PC products' type of thing. She is a friend of my sister's and didn't even invite my sister - Assumed I was goingi to do that. She says she sent out all the invites I gave her. She is expressing interest in the business but I don't see how this is going to work. She doesn't even have enough from this show to earn a kit credit. Her person order is 51.25 She is doing Avon and her and her hubby are sharing one car.

I am just trying to get out of this funk - In my heart I know things are going to get better but right now I am feeling frustrated. I have several catty shows in progress but no more cooking shows scheduled until June 9.

CHEFFERS - TELLING BE IT'S GOING TO BE O.K.

Kathy, I hear ya! I feel the same way. I'm trying really hard to pick myself up and brush the bad away...but it's not working too good. I guess it comes down to this: we have to go through the coal mine to find the diamonds. (Hey, that was pretty good.) If I keep my chin up, will you too?? I don't know what I would do if it weren't for everyone here!

She can still buy the kit--doesn't need to use kit credit to do it! I think the kit credit isn't worth it anyway....

Its going to be ok.

You never know she might be an awful host and a great consultant.

It has been a strange week for you. Over the last few weeks we've seen lots of personal growth where you've been stepping outside of your comfort zone. Don't let one bad week stop your momentum. Remember those calls and bookings you are doing now are so that you'll have a great business 90 days from now. And the more you step outside of your comfort zone the easier it will get (or at least you can tell yourself that). :p

ITS GOING TO BE OK.

Honestly, I was a TERRIBLE host, always had a hard time getting people to my shows and collecting orders..... but I think I've turned out to be a pretty decent consultant. (And I know how to coach my hosts on what NOT to do.... lol or what to REALLY DO, not just say you're going to do it..... like the reminder calls.... I'm TERRIBLE with reminder calls! lol)

She could be NOT focusing on sales for her show b/c she wants to have them personally for when she becomes a consultant too.

IT WILL GET BETTER!! That is if this is where God wants you to be.

Kathytnt said:
Confused :confused: Then my show on Sunday was low attendence too - Only one of the two guests orders 26.50 Even though I did all my regular host coaching. The thing that is the host doesn't want host benefits necessarily and wants to book another show in the next month or so. I don't know if this is a "I have $50 for my budget of PC products' type of thing. She is a friend of my sister's and didn't even invite my sister - Assumed I was goingi to do that. She says she sent out all the invites I gave her. She is expressing interest in the business but I don't see how this is going to work. She doesn't even have enough from this show to earn a kit credit. Her person order is 51.25 She is doing Avon and her and her hubby are sharing one car.

I could've written this about my host for Sunday!!:eek: :eek: The only difference is that I am in a different state.
I will second that from your posts you ARE stepping out of your comfort zone and doing the "right" things. YOU are doing great, and I hope to follow your lead and really step out ALOT as I am in DIRE need of June and July bookings and recruit leads.

I hope this is where God wants me - I keep telling him he needs to make it VERY obvious what he wants me to do because subtlety doesn't work. I guess one bad week out of 14 months is not too bad. I have done 50+ shows and 17K in sales so I keep reminding myself it's going to be o.k.

Well a feel a little better - A catalog fundraiser has started to have orders pile int - got 7 since the last post above and it's up to over $380 already

That is great. The week is looking up already.

Thanks Tasha - You have been very supportive!!!

I think May is a hard month, there is so much going on and so many commitments that people have. And as great as the HWC campaign is, I don't think it is as big of a draw as some of our specials are. A lot of people already make charitable contributions outright, through work, etc. My fundraiser was not that well attended (6 people, I must have invited 100 when you roll in past customers) and I closed it last night with around $260 in sales. Pretty sad. I had a bad fair over the weekend and my last live show, end of April,was awful. Got my fingers crossed for June! Hang in there, it will get better.

I'm new but do think May is a busy month for everybody!!!! Keep the faith...and remember what somebody else on here wrote..and I thin kabout everyday....The 90 day rule! What you do today will affect your business in 90 days!!!!

Well I am thinking positive - I am going to get out more recruit packets tomorrow and make calls. I am doing a show in a local town about 45 minutes away. I did a Bridal show there about 3 weeks ago and got about 16 leads for the bix opp. I am planning a business opp meeting for earlier in the day so I can make the best use of my time. The host of the show is a culinary arts student interested in the business too. I also have another lady in that area that is planning to sign next week. I think she said next Tuesday.

Kathytnt said:
Well I am thinking positive - I am going to get out more recruit packets tomorrow and make calls. I am doing a show in a local town about 45 minutes away. I did a Bridal show there about 3 weeks ago and got about 16 leads for the bix opp. I am planning a business opp meeting for earlier in the day so I can make the best use of my time. The host of the show is a culinary arts student interested in the business too. I also have another lady in that area that is planning to sign next week. I think she said next Tuesday.

Wow Kathy!! Look at the change from your first post on this thread to this one - see how you turned things around:?!?! :D :D You go girl! Send some of those recruiting tips/vibes this way!:p

Please don't look at her success or lack of success as a host when considering if she would be a good consultant. Well, first off, I wouldn't even try to judge that at all - offer the business to them all and let God sort it out!

Anyway, back on point ... I only had 5 people out of 45 invited show, and just squeaked out a $300 show. I signed my agreement two days after closing my show and have 9 cooking shows and 3 catalog shows booked in my first 30 days. My first cooking show is tomorrow night (say a prayer for me!). I also have 3 potential recruits in the pipeline. Oh, and I already have bookings into my second 30 days, too.

So, one is not necessarily a predicator of the other.

Last edited:
We talked on another thread about Mark Lowry. He's a fabulous Christian comedian. He says that his favorite scripture is Matthew 7:28a: "And it came to pass . . ."

Things are going badly? It will pass.

Things are going well? It will pass.

Don't worry. Do what you know you need to do. This time of doubting and trouble will pass.

1. What is "aBit Bummed and Confused"?

"aBit Bummed and Confused" is a versatile seasoning blend that adds depth and flavor to any dish. It is made with a combination of herbs and spices, including garlic, onion, and paprika, and can be used on meats, vegetables, and even in soups and sauces.

2. Is "aBit Bummed and Confused" gluten-free?

Yes, "aBit Bummed and Confused" is gluten-free. It is also free of any artificial flavors or preservatives, making it a great choice for those with dietary restrictions or looking for a more natural option.

3. How do I use "aBit Bummed and Confused"?

There are endless ways to use "aBit Bummed and Confused" in your cooking. You can sprinkle it on meats before grilling, mix it into ground beef for burgers, or add it to roasted vegetables for extra flavor. You can also mix it with olive oil to create a flavorful marinade or add it to soups and stews for a boost of flavor.

4. Can I use "aBit Bummed and Confused" as a substitute for salt?

While "aBit Bummed and Confused" does contain salt, it is not meant to be a direct substitute for salt. It is a seasoning blend that adds a more complex flavor profile to your dishes. However, you can adjust the amount of salt you use in your recipe when using "aBit Bummed and Confused" to prevent your dish from becoming too salty.

5. How long does "aBit Bummed and Confused" last?

The shelf life of "aBit Bummed and Confused" is approximately 2-3 years if stored in a cool, dry place. However, for the best flavor, we recommend using it within 6 months of opening. Be sure to check the expiration date on the container for more accurate information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jterre
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • Tig
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
noelskitchen
Replies