• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Bookings During the Holiday Season

In summary, many people are having a hard time getting bookings for December due to the holiday season. One suggestion is to let people know this is the most fun and stress-free way to shop for the holidays. Another suggestion is to have a cookie exchange show.
Doodlbug329
Is anyone else having a really hard time getting bookings for December due to everyone being "busy" with Holiday gatherings and such? I have tried telling the people I am talking to that they can get last minute gifts, bring a catalog to their Holiday gathering and turn that into a catalog show, etc. but I am still having a hard time getting anyone to want to host at this time of year. I have one booking for January and one for February, along with one catalog show and one possible cooking show for December so far, but I am trying to make PC more of a full time job in order to leave my 9-5 since it is draining the life out of me right now...I just need more bookings!!! Any advice?

Yes, absolutely! I have one show and the host is MIA! I'm also having my own open house but I have a sick feeling Dec. will be bomb. I'm doing a catalog show contest with only ONE participant still in the game! The other 2 I had closed a few days ago because they wanted the Nov host specials.

I have 4 shows booked which is 3 more than last year. I don't know what it is but I am continually blessed with how my PC business has grown since August.

The only thing I can suggest is to let people know this is the most fun and stress-free way to shop for the holidays. Suggest a cookie party or make a recipe that they can make or take to someone's home on Christmas Day. The Greek Cheese Torta is Red, Green and White so that has Christmas colors and travels well. Just a thought.

I sent out some fliers I got on here (12 Days of December) and one of the ladies at work surprised me! She is having 30 to 40 people at her house on the 11th making Gingerbread houses. They do a potluck kind of thing, and is going to have me do Chicken Your Way as her portion of the potluck. I'm going over at a time when they will be taking a break.At my last team meeting, our director did a cookie exchange demo. That would be an idea. Have ladies get together to make holiday cookies. Many people will be baking and you could show them the ease of the cookies press.

I have 3 cooking shows and 3 catalog shows. The three catalog shows will be ready to submit by the beginning of next week. One of my cooking shows is going to have to reschedule because her nephew was killed out west in a car accident and will be there for a couple weeks with family. Hoping the other 2 cooking shows hold. The last three months, I've had $3000+ in sales and was hoping for the same with December. I'm $2300 away from my $15000 in career sales and was hoping to make it by the end of the month, but it's looking like it'll be January before that happens. All my December shows are going to be cookie exchange shows where the ladies (or gents) can bring 3 doz cookies to the show with the recipe and if they do that, they can exchange with the others who brought cookies. We'll use the cookie press at the shows and hopefully it will go well!

UGH my ONLY host just facebook messaged me saying she needs to change to January. Too busy and her life is crazy right now. She just signed with a mutual friend of ours as an Usborne consultant & she took over a council spot on our Squadron Wives club because the same mutual friend is moving - UGH - so I'm fearing the worst that she may just skip out entirely - but who knows, December really is crazy for all of us Air Force wives here with all the events going on.
No shows for me. Hopefully I scrounge up a good few catalog shows. And in my first 30 days too! She was my last show to get me to 8 shows before the 9th. Maybe I need to call my Mom. LOL

So far I don't have any shows scheduled for December. I've tried every way that I know to get people to host but as of today, November 30th, I have "0" booked for next month! I've got one scheduled for the end of January but nothing between now and then. I'm also having problems with people not showing up for the shows that I do have. My last two shows had no guests and two guests, respectively. At the last show (with two guests), one of the guests was a guy who came to eat...he had no intention of buying anything! Both hosts have gotten outside orders but it's important to have guests at the show to experience it and want to host their own. However, the shows that I've done that did have a decent attendance, I still didn't have anyone want to book. Everyone seems to be too busy with parties, school, church, work, etc.

I'm doing 3 holiday booths starting today and hoping to get a few sales off that to create at least one, if not two shows. Nothing else booked though

I've only got one cooking show tmrw and one catalogue show. I'm hoping at the party tmrw I can somehow book at least one more Dec booking but Dec is hard to book for I'm finding and I have nothing booked after this month so hopefully I can score some shows for next month!! eek!

I'm actually a little intimidated because of the holidays. I just signed up to become a consultant, and only 2 shows booked for this month. One, I've a great friend, I encouraged to have a book party at the same time as her House Warming party. I'm also going to be attending, but this way, both she and I can encourage her guests to order some items not just for my friend, but for themselves & as Christmas presents as well. The very next day, I am having my Grand Opening show. Pretty nervous about that!Good luck to everyone in this wonderful month of Joy and Caring!

Host a cataolog show..(because people are to busy to attend cooking shows)...Tell all your customers, if they order $60 or more they will be entered into a drawing to be the host of that show, they will receive all the benefits of the show without the effort, if they bring you extra orders they will be given an extra chance in the drawing!! Just an idea to get some sales in for December!!!

AnjaP said:
I'm actually a little intimidated because of the holidays. I just signed up to become a consultant, and only 2 shows booked for this month. One, I've a great friend, I encouraged to have a book party at the same time as her House Warming party. I'm also going to be attending, but this way, both she and I can encourage her guests to order some items not just for my friend, but for themselves & as Christmas presents as well. The very next day, I am having my Grand Opening show. Pretty nervous about that!

Good luck to everyone in this wonderful month of Joy and Caring!
I'm in the same boat. I signed up right before Thanksgiving. Waited on my kit and worked on getting Dec. shows while I waited. I did a Bingo party with my recruiter and a few other consultants. I have my brother in another state doing a cat. show, and possibly one other friend doing a cat. show. Hopefully they will be successful. I know I need to put some work into encouraging the hosts as well. I teach full time on top of this business and I totally understand the holiday stress and busyness. Oh, I'm also hoping to do a grand opening at my place... but I have to clean, clean, clean first! Too busy to get that done! lol I do have one Jan. show booked so I have to say I'm hopeful! Joining in the holiday season is tough though!

I had 4 bookings, and only one of them is holding. I'm so glad my last November show was just submitted as a Dec show. I'll earn the new Spring product. I'm just hoping with online orders (which I do usually get quite a few of in Dec) that I hit $1250.

1. How can I increase my bookings during the holiday season?

One way to increase your bookings during the holiday season is to offer special holiday-themed cooking classes or workshops. You can also reach out to your existing customers and offer them exclusive discounts or promotions for booking a party during the holidays.

2. What types of parties should I focus on during the holiday season?

During the holiday season, it's best to focus on parties that are centered around gift-giving and entertaining. This could include a "Holiday Gifts" party where guests can purchase items for their loved ones, or a "Holiday Entertaining" party where guests can learn how to create festive dishes for their holiday gatherings.

3. How can I promote my holiday parties to potential hosts?

There are several ways to promote your holiday parties to potential hosts. You can create a holiday-themed event on social media and invite your followers to join. You can also send out personalized emails to your existing customers and offer them a special incentive for hosting a party during the holidays. Additionally, you can create flyers and distribute them in your local community or advertising in local newspapers or magazines.

4. How do I handle bookings during busy holiday months?

It's important to plan ahead and be organized during the busy holiday months. Make sure to block off specific dates for parties and communicate this to your customers. You can also offer virtual parties or online ordering options for those who may have a difficult time scheduling a party during the busy holiday season.

5. What are some ideas for holiday-themed party themes?

Some ideas for holiday-themed party themes include a "Cookie Exchange" party, a "Secret Santa" party, a "New Year, New You" party featuring healthy recipe ideas, and a "Winter Wonderland" party with festive decorations and winter-inspired recipes. You can also get creative and come up with your own unique party theme that fits the holiday season.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
JAE
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein