• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Group a Weight Loss - 4/13 - 4/20 Accountability

S
sfdavis918
Anyone interested in an accountability thread? We can post on it through the week and share the good and the bad. I am finding that I really need to be held accountable to someone or I just don't do good!

Yesterday was bad for me. We had T-ball practice at 4pm and it was hot. Almost 90 according to DH's car. The last thing I wanted to do was go home and cook like I had originally planned. So we stopped off and got Mexican. I was horrible. I had a big burritto and way to many chips with salsa. Ugh.

My other big challenge is the Easter candy that is still in the house. I will sit down with a handful of chocolate while the boys are taking their naps in the afternoon, and then again in the evening when everyone is asleep. I do that so the boys won't see me eating it and want some too, because it's bad for them. Like it's not bad for me!!

So I have two goals for today. Stay out of the chocolate and make dinner at home. Wish me luck!!

No worries! I totally fell off the wagon this weekend. I'm talking dragging behind the wagon!!! I had a big burrito yesterday with xtra sourcream and cheese. I also had m&m's. I'm going to do yard work today, so I can justify it!

I discovered Quiznos Sammies - I tried the Alpine one at my class Friday night...then I had Fazoli's ravoli for lunch the next day. Since I was in Racine Saturday night I HAD to have Infusinos pizza. :)

Apparently I have absolutely no willpower at all. Chocolate cannot be in the house. The boys went down for their naps, DH went to his computer room and there I was eating Easter chocolate.:cry: OK, so I can still accomplish one goal, make dinner at home. Although, now I'm not hungry, but I'm sure I will still eat rather than have to explain to DH.

Tomorrow is another day, right? I am going to weigh in and tell the truth!:yuck:

Sarah - have you looked at thedailyplate.com? I've been tracking calories for 1 week and I am much more away of how much and what I am eating. ...and it helps you set your goals whether you want to maintain, lose or even gain weight.If you set your goals and enter your food you know when you are at your limit...I am much more aware to drink water the rest of the time.

Related to Group a Weight Loss - 4/13 - 4/20 Accountability

1. How does having an accountability partner/group affect weight loss success?

Having an accountability partner or group can greatly increase weight loss success for several reasons. First, it provides a support system and motivation to stay on track and make healthy choices. Second, it creates a sense of responsibility and commitment to someone else, making it harder to give up or cheat on your weight loss journey. Finally, having an accountability partner can also provide helpful tips and advice that may contribute to your success.

2. What are some effective strategies for holding oneself accountable during weight loss?

One of the most effective strategies for holding oneself accountable during weight loss is setting specific and achievable goals. This could include setting a target weight or number of pounds to lose each week, and tracking progress through a food and exercise journal. Another strategy is to create a support system by involving friends and family or joining a weight loss group, as well as regularly checking in with them for accountability. Additionally, setting rewards for meeting goals can provide added motivation to stay on track.

3. How can an accountability thread help with weight loss?

An accountability thread can provide a virtual support system and a sense of community for individuals who may not have access to an in-person accountability group. By posting and sharing progress, challenges, and successes, individuals can receive encouragement and advice from others on their weight loss journey. This can also create a sense of responsibility and commitment to the group, making it harder to give up on weight loss goals.

4. What are some potential downsides to having an accountability partner/group?

While having an accountability partner/group can be beneficial for weight loss, there are also potential downsides to consider. One downside is that it may create feelings of guilt or shame if an individual does not meet their goals or slips up on their progress. This can also lead to a sense of competition and comparison with others, which may not be healthy for some individuals. It is important to have open and honest communication with your accountability partner/group to ensure a supportive and non-judgmental environment.

5. How can one find a suitable accountability partner/group?

There are several ways to find a suitable accountability partner/group for weight loss. One option is to ask friends or family members who may also be looking to lose weight or adopt a healthier lifestyle. Another option is to join a weight loss program or group, either in-person or online. Social media platforms, such as Facebook or Instagram, also have various weight loss communities and accountability groups that one can join. It's important to find a partner/group that aligns with your goals, values, and communication style for the best chance of success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
afeller
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • ughubug
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates