• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Don't Let Old Habits Take Hold: Make Changes Now!

In summary, Teresa is trying to implement changes in her business, but is having trouble with some disasters. KCPChef says that change is difficult, and that people should promise themselves to love the change for a set amount of time. He also jokes about how North Carolina is smarter than women because men can count to 21 while naked.
I've been humming that song all afternoon/evening now. Thanks a lot! ;)

See? NC does count. Or at least, sings.

pchockeymom said:
You light up my days....

and fill my life, with hope

No, no no ... LOL It's not "life with hope", it's "nights with song" ;)Or in our case ... we can sing to PC about lighting up our day and filling our nights with parties! :D

Gee, you start one simple thread as an important reminder to focus on your business and a bunch of yahoos hijack it talking about body parts. LOL!I am honored to have started a new hijacking thread. Like KG I wonder how long we'll be able to keep it going before Greg shuts it down. Good to see some humor on here again. :D

Hey, I'm offering a Step Up Class to keep the conference goers motivated & to motivate the ones who didn't get to go. ;)

And Rae no more than says something, and the #1 owner of body parts tries to get the thread back on topic.Who'da thunk it?
22wink.gif

Who? ME???
confused-smiley-013.gif
Surely you jest!
eusa_whistle.gif

Of course, I was jest sayin'.And don't call me Shirley.

images

ROFLMAO!!! Thanks for the giggles!

So True! :D

Have you ever read Shirley Temple's biography? They told everyone, including her, that she was a couple of years younger than she actually was.

I haven't read her biography, but I had heard that before. Man, talk about wanting to keep your baby little forever! :rolleyes: Honey, I know you are the same size as all the other 16 year old kids, but you're just BIG for a 9 year old ... :p

Didn't the parents of Frances Gumm do that to her too? Or should I say, Judy Garland as she was later called?
So Sheila, how do these classes work?Baby you're a firework...

Last edited:
The Step-up-your-business class? It's a 5 week course designed to motivate you and give you the extra knowledge you need to do better with your PC business. I know Directors & above have access to the materials to do a class, but I'm thinking Team Leaders might too? Not positive! Last year there were some people here on the forum voicing their discontent that their uplines didn't offer the classes. So I offered one just for CS people. 101 signed up! Not all participated, but several did. This year, I limited it to 20 participants so that they could talk & participate more. We filled the openings in less than 48 hours! We just did our first call tonight. ;)

Sheila said:
I haven't read her biography, but I had heard that before. Man, talk about wanting to keep your baby little forever! :rolleyes: Honey, I know you are the same size as all the other 16 year old kids, but you're just BIG for a 9 year old ... :p
Toughest question to answer: "But. MOM, why am I the only 9 year old in my class that wears a bra?"

LOLAnd isn't it funny that we sucked Rae into the Shirley Temple conversation??? ;)

Nah, I love Shirley Temple. Actually, she was very small for her age. A singing, tap dancing 3-year-old is much more impressive than a 5-year-old doing the same thing. I could be wrong, but I think she thought she was 18 and considering getting married (thought she might be too young) when her parents told her she was actually 20. (I might be slightly off on the ages.)

In an effort to redirect this thread back to its original intent...

I had a recruit meeting today with a potential who later called to say she definitely wanted to sign. We are meeting friday to do that. Sooo, now I will have a fresh new consultant in which to conduct all the great information I gained from the Rapid Results for New Consultants seminar. I will be reviewing all my notes and making a game plan to help her promote to director in 90 days (she's very interested in that!).

pchockeymom, i would love to see your notes from that. i have 2 ladies who are interested in the business and i would love to get them to my team (i dont have any right now). if you want you can email it to me at [email protected]

SLDOWDY1978 said:
pchockeymom, i would love to see your notes from that. i have 2 ladies who are interested in the business and i would love to get them to my team (i dont have any right now). if you want you can email it to me at [email protected]

My notes are encripted, scribbled and I have to rethink through the seminar to decipher some of the content. From what I remember, it basically is the Guide to Supporting New Consultants (on supply order) on steroids. Being purposeful, specific, and schedule meeting/phone time.

Yes, on track... anyone have some sort of quick, easy thing to learn to say, for a 50 year old drowning in homework, that will catch someones attention in regards to signing? I have a date at the state fair and I wish I could come up with something that would get everyone's attention? I had a friend tell me to make up a sign with a some what nasty word in it, "POOP", to grab people's attention. "Are you tired of the POOP coming out of Washington? Are you tired of never knowing where you will end up after all is said and done? Do you need to take control of your life? How about a career with The Pampered Chef?"

pchockeymom said:
In an effort to redirect this thread back to its original intent...

Hrmph. Now I have to go find some other thread to ruin.

:mad:

Just give it time, KG. ;)

pampered1224 said:
Yes, on track... anyone have some sort of quick, easy thing to learn to say, for a 50 year old drowning in homework, that will catch someones attention in regards to signing? I have a date at the state fair and I wish I could come up with something that would get everyone's attention? I had a friend tell me to make up a sign with a some what nasty word in it, "POOP", to grab people's attention. "Are you tired of the POOP coming out of Washington? Are you tired of never knowing where you will end up after all is said and done? Do you need to take control of your life? How about a career with The Pampered Chef?"

I like your idea except I wouldn't use poop and Pampered Chef in the same context. Makes the recipes we demo seem unappealing.

How about "DROWNING"- Tired of Washington drowning us in debt? Tired of drowning in your own debt? Drowning in work at your desk and not having anyone recognize your accomplishments? Drowning in fear of being laid off? A career with The Pampered Chef can be your life saver! Then you can hand out life saver candies stapled to a Discover Us brochure.

That's good! As long as I do not eat all the lifesavers! And I would not be so sure about the seemingly unappealing thing about our recipes! Have you all tried the new pasta dish with pumpkin? UGH!

Not quite the same thing, but I'm gonna HIJACK that idea of Lifesavers & the Discover Us brochure!

And, John, you are correct. That's what I thought when I saw that recipe - sounds like *#@$! Can you tell I'm not a pumpkin person?

I love pumpkin. Pumpkin dip, pumpkin pie, pumpkin butter! Pumpkin pasta is &$*^!

You guys aren't scaring me off! I'm still planning on trying it. It sounds good to me. I have even tried the macaroni & cheese in the 29 Minutes to Dinner (don't remember which volume right now) with pumpkin instead of butternut squash and thought it was good. If you think the pumpkiin sounds awful, substitute frozen butternut squash. It would still be good.

I plan on freely editing this recipe in the following ways:
I have REAL pumpkin in my freezer that I will use
I will use the regular penne pasta instead of the expensive multi-grain
I may not put the pistachios in at all (not a big fan)
I will always substitute half and half for heavy cream unless I actually need to whip it.

If I find a like it, I can see a pound of ground beef finding its way into my home version. I like me meat and have a freezer full of it to prove it... :D

Last edited:
lt1jane said:
I will always substitute half and half for heavy cream unless I actually need to whip it.

Whip it, whip it good. Sorry, had the Devo song stuck in my head ;)

I think the recipe sounds good, too! I think my hubby would appreciate it more if meat were involved (as would I), but I think I'll opt for chicken breast instead.

I just watched the video from conference of Sharon Zelen's life with PC. OMG! Get out the kleenex box before you watch it but WOW! What an inspiration!

I haven't watched it, but I was there and we were passing kleenex.

Teresa LM said:
I just watched the video from conference of Sharon Zelen's life with PC. OMG! Get out the kleenex box before you watch it but WOW! What an inspiration!

I was there at conference, and I just watched it again. YES...definitely need a tissue for it towards the end (ESPECIALLY all you moms! I have 2 boys - so it really hits me - with their Scouts, and Hockey, etc).

But that was my ah-ha moment. Appreciating my business for the flexibility of time, but also realizing that part of the reason I started the business was to teach others how to spend less time in the kitchen, but still get tasty/healthy meals on the table that would have their family gathered around, and save them money by not eating out all the time. Her story reminded me of that.

We had the dish on Tuesday at our meeting. The thing that bothered us was the fact that if it sits even a tiny bit, it gets a paste like consistency. It almost needs more liquid. Also, salt. Make sure to have some at the table! The other suggestion was using Barillia Plus Pasta instead of the whole wheat or whole grain pasta. We were sure that is what made it taste off. I know, it is supposed to taste natural. This tasted like well, like cardboard. The pasta took over in this dish. Not the sauce. I am going to try it again at home but I may increase the liquid in it or use a touch of olive oil upon serving it. I will not use whole wheat pasta either. It just tastes so weird to me. Can't stand it!

<H2>What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Don't Let Old Habits Take Hold: Make Changes Now!"?</H2><p>1. What is the main message of "Don't Let Old Habits Take Hold: Make Changes Now!"?</p><p>2. How long should I wait before implementing the changes suggested in the book?</p><p>3. How can I ensure that I follow through with making changes?</p><p>4. What should I do if I find myself falling back into old habits?</p><p>5. Is there a specific time frame for when I should evaluate my progress?</p><H2>Okay, we've been back from NC for over a week. Most of us have caught up on our sleep. The initial flush of excitement has probably waned. Now is the time to really get to work.</H2><p>Now that the initial excitement has worn off, it is important to start implementing the changes that were planned during the conference.</p><H2>Look through your notes. What were you planning to implement? Have you started? If not, why?</H2><p>It is important to review your notes and remind yourself of the changes you planned to make. If you have not started yet, try to identify the reasons why and find ways to overcome them.</p><H2>Take the time to make those changes you promised yourself you'd make.</H2><p>Don't procrastinate on making changes. Set aside time to actively work on implementing them.</p><H2>Set up some accountability.</H2><p>Find someone to hold you accountable for your progress. This could be a friend, family member, or even a professional trainer.</p><H2>Make plans to evaluate.</H2><p>Schedule a reminder to check in on your progress and make any necessary adjustments. This will help you stay on track and make sure that old habits do not creep back in.</p><H2>This is about the time that people settle back into old routines and habits. Don't let that happen to you.</H2><p>Stay motivated and committed to making changes. Remind yourself of the reasons why you wanted to make these changes, and don't let yourself fall back into old habits.</p>

What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Don't Let Old Habits Take Hold: Make Changes Now!"?

1. What is the main message of "Don't Let Old Habits Take Hold: Make Changes Now!"?

2. How long should I wait before implementing the changes suggested in the book?

3. How can I ensure that I follow through with making changes?

4. What should I do if I find myself falling back into old habits?

5. Is there a specific time frame for when I should evaluate my progress?

Okay, we've been back from NC for over a week. Most of us have caught up on our sleep. The initial flush of excitement has probably waned. Now is the time to really get to work.

Now that the initial excitement has worn off, it is important to start implementing the changes that were planned during the conference.

Look through your notes. What were you planning to implement? Have you started? If not, why?

It is important to review your notes and remind yourself of the changes you planned to make. If you have not started yet, try to identify the reasons why and find ways to overcome them.

Take the time to make those changes you promised yourself you'd make.

Don't procrastinate on making changes. Set aside time to actively work on implementing them.

Set up some accountability.

Find someone to hold you accountable for your progress. This could be a friend, family member, or even a professional trainer.

Make plans to evaluate.

Schedule a reminder to check in on your progress and make any necessary adjustments. This will help you stay on track and make sure that old habits do not creep back in.

This is about the time that people settle back into old routines and habits. Don't let that happen to you.

Stay motivated and committed to making changes. Remind yourself of the reasons why you wanted to make these changes, and don't let yourself fall back into old habits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom