• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Don't Let Old Habits Take Hold: Make Changes Now!

In summary, Teresa is trying to implement changes in her business, but is having trouble with some disasters. KCPChef says that change is difficult, and that people should promise themselves to love the change for a set amount of time. He also jokes about how North Carolina is smarter than women because men can count to 21 while naked.
raebates
Staff member
Okay, we've been back from NC for over a week. Most of us have caught up on our sleep. The initial flush of excitement has probably waned. Now is the time to really get to work.

Look through your notes. What were you planning to implement? Have you started? If not, why? Take the time to make those changes you promised yourself you'd make.

Set up some accountability. Most of us are better at keeping promises we make to others than the ones we make to ourselves. That's why weight-loss groups (or even one-on-one trainers) tend to be more effective than individual efforts.

Make plans to evaluate. Set a reminder for yourself to take stock, whether that's a note on your calendar or an alarm on your phone.

This is about the time that people settle back into old routines and habits. Don't let that happen to you.

Thank you so much for posting!! I will get my notes out today and get back to work!!

I didn't go to conference but I was going to start doing the individual checkout and ask the questions. That didn't go over so well the other night when the tornado warning started just as I was finishing my demo. Everyone was worried about the weather and were just trying to either get the heck out of there before the storm really hit or were watching the storm. I am scared to death of storms, so it didn't really go very well...

Teresa, Hang in there! Nothing ever goes right the first or even second time! Just stick with it, as it will make the biggest impact in your business (IMO) Good luck! :)

Making NC Count?

I've never been to North Carolina. We count in Wisconsin, and I think you can all count in Indiana. Are we going to make North Carolinians take off their shoes when they get past 10?

KCPChef, if you only knew! I think my kickoff show was the only show without a disaster so far! LOL! I fell flat on my face at 2 shows (fortunately, I didn't break anything, such as my arm or something), a host opened her cupboard and a dish fell out, directly into her punch bowl, shattering it to smithereens (no one got cut, surprisingly), I cut myself, using a safety device on the grater, my batter bowls got firmly nested together and wouldn't come apart. I ended up with my Classic Batter Bowl busted to smithereens and I got cut from that. These were all disasters at different shows. So, when the tornado warning came up, I thought we were going to be goners, for sure! I'm just going to start advertising that people should come to my shows just to see what kind of a disaster I can cook up this time! ;)

Remember that change is difficult. Promise yourself to love your change (embrace it fully with clear intent to succeed) for a specified length of time. I usually do 3 or 6 months, depending on the type of change. At that point I evaluate. That gives me time to get over the awkwardness of doing something new.
I've never been to North Carolina. We count in Wisconsin, and I think you can all count in Indiana. Are we going to make North Carolinians take off their shoes when they get past 10?
KG, you crack me up. LOL!

I heard that in NC, men are smarter than women because they can count to 21! Of course that is only when they is nakked! Women can still count to 20 with their clothes on! So who is smarter? (Sorry to anyone in NC!) But I could not help it!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Making NC Count?

:eek: Excuse me?! I'm offended!
You are assuming we even WEAR shoes!!

:cool:

pampered1224 said:
I heard that in NC, men are smarter than women because they can count to 21! Of course that is only when they is nakked! Women can still count to 20 with their clothes on! So who is smarter? (Sorry to anyone in NC!) But I could not help it!

HIJACK!! That means we should be able to count to 22 when naked!! LOL ;)

lt1jane said:

Nice One! lol

lt1jane said:

I was thinking the same thing!!! Of course, we don't have to be naked to remember to count them cuz they're in the way!

hysterics.gif
roflmao2.gif
rotflmao.gif
hysterics.gif
roflmao2.gif

You guys (and gals) are FUNNY!

LOL! You people crack me up.

Based on that, I've known women who should be able to count to about 44 but others who would've had to search really hard to get to 22.
rimshot.gif

Kelly Rippa! I'm just sayin! And yep, you are right! 22 is better than 21! I may be asking the wrong question here, but how did you get 44?

44 seemed like a well, um, rounded number.

At first I thought you were gonna say it was because women were smart enough to do it twice!

I got to 65. You missed some parts! ;)

And I didn't even start counting head hairs ...

Well, that certainly limits my ability to count very high. Sigh.

Sheila said:
I got to 65. You missed some parts! ;)

You must be a real challenge at a dress fitting.

Lol you guys are too funny...

really messed up the original intent of this thread!! :D

but now I have to keep checking it to see what comments have come up and laugh some more... :D

Another successful
threadjacked.gif
That's kind of what the old hijacking thread was about, a few years ago, that Admin Greg locked when he got tired of us.

We must have needed it bobbi! Or it would not have gone to two pages! Now, Sheila, you never have to "prove" to us guys that women are smarter just because you can count to 65 in body parts and miss some to boot! Men only have one body part that counts! It is our brains and brawn if you get my drift. So women will always be smarter than men because in reality, if we use body parts to count, we can't get past one!

pampered1224 said:
We must have needed it bobbi! Or it would not have gone to two pages! Now, Sheila, you never have to "prove" to us guys that women are smarter just because you can count to 65 in body parts and miss some to boot! Men only have one body part that counts! It is our brains and brawn if you get my drift. So women will always be smarter than men because in reality, if we use body parts to count, we can't get past one!

:thumbup::p

pampered1224 said:

There's an old joke in there somewhere about two heads but since this is a family site (of sorts) you can make up your own punchline. (You probably know the old joke, anyway.)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You must be a real challenge at a dress fitting.

It's all those extra arms & legs that I grew being in Tokyo near Fukushima. Talk about IMPOSSIBLE to buy clothes ...

I glow in the dark now too! ;)

Welcome to the club. ;) I've had so much radiation over the last few years that The Kat Lady bought me a stuffed Glow Worm for a mascot. I'm my own nightlight.

OK now you two are simply scaring me! And why oh why did I not keep my mouth shut. I had a bad feeling earlier that there was a nuclear reference in there some where Sheila! And KG - what is wrong with glowing in the dark? You can save a heck of a lot of money on night lights! Not to mention it can prolonng the life of that light!

Last edited:
LOL @ KG ~ life is much better when you can find the humor, huh? ;)Just kidding John! :D The only thing I've grown is a 12mm cyst on my right ovary. Well, that was the size when I was in the ER in May. Since it hasn't gone away, I'm going to have to find a local Dr. who can drain it for me. No telling what size the sucker is now! LOL

I have to say though that it is really nice to see that humor coming through in everyone's posts again. Many, many, many, many of us have been going through some really trying times and to be able to laugh can be freeing! Sheila, get it done. Don't know what to say beyond that.

Yes, I definitely need to get it done! Not really liking the lingering discomfort. ;)

I dunno about you two.Life is FAR to important to take seriously.After all, you're never going to get out it alive, anyway.

Yes, my will will say: "Knowing I couldn't take it with me, I spent it all before I left!" LOL

j/k of course. ;)

Sheila said:
Yes, I definitely need to get it done! Not really liking the lingering discomfort. ;)

To quote that great old American philosopher, Larry the Cable Guy,

"GIT 'ER DONE!"

Mine is gonna read "The jokes on you! I DID TAKE IT WITH ME!!!"

I glow in the dark too! Especially my butt~I guess you could call me lighting bug, LOL, even after 2 years later.

That is too funny! For some reason I see you standing in your front yard just "shakin it!"

Oh yes! YES, YES, YES! To funny when put in that context!

Rae, you started the new Official Hijack Thread. I can't believe how many directions this thread is taking! I wonder if we can keep this one going for a year?
aola.gif

All together now..."You LIGHT up my life..."

You give me hope ...

to carry on.......

You light up my days....

So much for "making NC count".... ;)

I'm counting on these people to keep me having a sense of humor on those days when it isn't so easy to smile. ;)

<H2>What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Don't Let Old Habits Take Hold: Make Changes Now!"?</H2><p>1. What is the main message of "Don't Let Old Habits Take Hold: Make Changes Now!"?</p><p>2. How long should I wait before implementing the changes suggested in the book?</p><p>3. How can I ensure that I follow through with making changes?</p><p>4. What should I do if I find myself falling back into old habits?</p><p>5. Is there a specific time frame for when I should evaluate my progress?</p><H2>Okay, we've been back from NC for over a week. Most of us have caught up on our sleep. The initial flush of excitement has probably waned. Now is the time to really get to work.</H2><p>Now that the initial excitement has worn off, it is important to start implementing the changes that were planned during the conference.</p><H2>Look through your notes. What were you planning to implement? Have you started? If not, why?</H2><p>It is important to review your notes and remind yourself of the changes you planned to make. If you have not started yet, try to identify the reasons why and find ways to overcome them.</p><H2>Take the time to make those changes you promised yourself you'd make.</H2><p>Don't procrastinate on making changes. Set aside time to actively work on implementing them.</p><H2>Set up some accountability.</H2><p>Find someone to hold you accountable for your progress. This could be a friend, family member, or even a professional trainer.</p><H2>Make plans to evaluate.</H2><p>Schedule a reminder to check in on your progress and make any necessary adjustments. This will help you stay on track and make sure that old habits do not creep back in.</p><H2>This is about the time that people settle back into old routines and habits. Don't let that happen to you.</H2><p>Stay motivated and committed to making changes. Remind yourself of the reasons why you wanted to make these changes, and don't let yourself fall back into old habits.</p>

What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Don't Let Old Habits Take Hold: Make Changes Now!"?

1. What is the main message of "Don't Let Old Habits Take Hold: Make Changes Now!"?

2. How long should I wait before implementing the changes suggested in the book?

3. How can I ensure that I follow through with making changes?

4. What should I do if I find myself falling back into old habits?

5. Is there a specific time frame for when I should evaluate my progress?

Okay, we've been back from NC for over a week. Most of us have caught up on our sleep. The initial flush of excitement has probably waned. Now is the time to really get to work.

Now that the initial excitement has worn off, it is important to start implementing the changes that were planned during the conference.

Look through your notes. What were you planning to implement? Have you started? If not, why?

It is important to review your notes and remind yourself of the changes you planned to make. If you have not started yet, try to identify the reasons why and find ways to overcome them.

Take the time to make those changes you promised yourself you'd make.

Don't procrastinate on making changes. Set aside time to actively work on implementing them.

Set up some accountability.

Find someone to hold you accountable for your progress. This could be a friend, family member, or even a professional trainer.

Make plans to evaluate.

Schedule a reminder to check in on your progress and make any necessary adjustments. This will help you stay on track and make sure that old habits do not creep back in.

This is about the time that people settle back into old routines and habits. Don't let that happen to you.

Stay motivated and committed to making changes. Remind yourself of the reasons why you wanted to make these changes, and don't let yourself fall back into old habits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom