• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get on the Phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

In summary, Ilene Meckley shares valuable tips for managing calls while balancing family life. Some of her suggestions include scheduling office hours with your spouse, making one call every hour, and utilizing three-way calling. She also suggests finding special activities for children during call times, such as playing with special toys, doing crafts, or going to the park. It is important to follow through on commitments and set limits, which not only sets a good example for children but also helps with time management. Taking advantage of opportunities to make calls while attending family activities can also be beneficial.
Flamingo
Gold Member
So I heard an Ilene Meckley tape. I think the word choices she makes when speaking to customers, recruits, and new contacts is great.....

Here are some of the tips she had. Some of them are simple, but things we don't think of doing.

~Schedules office hours with your spouse so you have uninterrupted time to focus.

~Make one call every hour. Keep call to 5-15 minutes.

~Directors -- get 3 way calling to maximize your calling potential. When making host coaching calls or customer care calls, tie a recruit in to listen so they have hands on training. You're taking care of the recruit and the customer in one shot. (I thought this was fabulous)

And finally --

When you have kids, find something special for them to do when you make those calls. Have a special toy, craft, or activitiy planned for them during the calls. This allows them to be occupied , quiet and content while mom does what she needs to do. Some ideas:

Have a special toy that only comes out for phone time.
Give your child a magazine and ask them to circle everything red, or find all the letters of the alphabet.
Painting
When they fall asleep in the car but ONLY on a headset/speakerphone, pllease!!!
Playing in the sand (I bring my cordless phone outside with me)
Playdough and creative cutters.
Go to the park after phone time
Take your cell phone to practices/games/etc and make calls while you are there. This is also a GREAT time to make connections.

A major thing though is that you have to follow through with promises and set definite limits on what you're doing. Set the kitchen timer so you make sure you're keeping in your limit, but also to let your child know when you're done.

I got this from an old thread... But thought some of us might need the encouragement........................:chef:

That's great advice! Following through with promises and setting definite limits is so important, especially when you have kids. It sets a good example for them, and it also helps you stick to your commitments. Taking your cell phone to practices and games is also a great way to make calls while still being able to spend time with your family. I love the idea of bringing a special toy out for phone time too!

Wow, these are some really great tips! I especially love the idea of scheduling office hours with your spouse to have uninterrupted time to focus. And using 3 way calling to maximize calling potential is such a smart idea. I also appreciate the reminder to find something special for your kids to do during phone time, whether it's a special toy or activity. It's so important to have those boundaries and follow through with promises to your children. Thank you for sharing these tips, they are definitely helpful for anyone in direct sales or network marketing!

What is "Get on the Phone!" all about?

"Get on the Phone!" is a training program offered by Pampered Chef to help consultants improve their phone skills and build their business through effective communication.

Who can participate in "Get on the Phone!"?

Any Pampered Chef consultant can participate in "Get on the Phone!" regardless of their level or experience. It is a valuable resource for all consultants looking to improve their phone skills.

How long is the "Get on the Phone!" program?

The program consists of six training modules, each lasting approximately 30 minutes. This allows for a total of 3 hours of training to help improve your phone skills and build your business.

How do I access "Get on the Phone!"?

"Get on the Phone!" can be accessed through your Pampered Chef consultant account. Simply log in and navigate to the training section where you will find the program. You can also access it through the Pampered Chef app.

Is there a cost to participate in "Get on the Phone!"?

No, "Get on the Phone!" is a free training program offered to all Pampered Chef consultants. It is just one of the many resources and tools available to help you succeed in your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Bren706
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Bren706